45 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

I'm wondering how some clubs will deal with their players if expenses are the only payment offered. Say a club has 16 players and its an away game. For arguments sake due to restrictions with no car sharing its a £5 towards your petrol money. £80 out the coffers straight away. Also your first choice goalie can't drive.....that's a bummer.

Quite a few keepers could get one of their weans to drive them!

9 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

And people not taking advise is why we are in this shitfest.

Trying to open up the economy and education again was always likely to lead to a "second wave" even if there had been more compliance on advise like that. There is no painless exit at this point whatever we do.

Either we completely crash the economy, close down face-to-face education and wait for a vaccine that may never arrive over a virus with an IFR that is in unusually bad flu season territory on mortality, or we accept that there is going to be more pain for a bit until there is herd immunity and it starts to go away naturally.

Nobody wants the second option because they like it. Politicians move in that direction because it is the least bad option overall and hence the rational course of action.

https://wosfl.co.uk/update-15th-october-2020/

The following is an email sent to all WoSFL member clubs at 11.24am on the morning of 15th October 2020 by Kennie Young, Secretary of the Interim Management Group.

To All Clubs

Please note that due to the withdrawal of a number of clubs from competing in the leagues, all previously issued fixtures are now obsolete apart from those in the Soccer Shop Challenge Cup.

There will also need to be a re-jig of the membership of the Conference leagues.

They will require to be balanced out to suit the change in circumstances.

Once the 8PM deadline for any further club withdrawals has passed, a new set of fixtures will be issued as soon as possible thereafter.

Regards,

Kennie Young
Secretary
Interim Management Group of the West of Scotland Football League

We'll see what the rejig leads to, for those clubs that support the idea of trying regionalising now is probably the time to start messaging that preference over just reseeding.

...at the very least they need to dream up some meaningful alternative incentive for being the champion of each section. Maybe something cup format related that gets them some extra playing time against Premiership teams in 2021/22? Beyond that, if a club like Darvel or Kilwinning can get licensed in time to move up to the LL for 2021/22 by winning the Premier and then beating the EoS and/or SoS champions, it isn't completely impossible that there will be a promotion place up for grabs. Maybe they need to talk that possibility up a bit more and they could give the overall Conference champion some kind of delayed guaranteed promotion playoff place for entry into the Premier in 2022/23 if that doesn't happen for them in 2021/22.
I am sure the Premiership clubs may not be opposed to even just 1 relegation place or even if finish bottom that club goes into play off with 3 champions from conferences for place in top division.

24 minutes ago, Shannon said:
On 14/10/2020 at 15:48, LongTimeLurker said:
...at the very least they need to dream up some meaningful alternative incentive for being the champion of each section. Maybe something cup format related that gets them some extra playing time against Premiership teams in 2021/22? Beyond that, if a club like Darvel or Kilwinning can get licensed in time to move up to the LL for 2021/22 by winning the Premier and then beating the EoS and/or SoS champions, it isn't completely impossible that there will be a promotion place up for grabs. Maybe they need to talk that possibility up a bit more and they could give the overall Conference champion some kind of delayed guaranteed promotion playoff place for entry into the Premier in 2022/23 if that doesn't happen for them in 2021/22.

I am sure the Premiership clubs may not be opposed to even just 1 relegation place or even if finish bottom that club goes into play off with 3 champions from conferences for place in top division.

I made the same point earlier. Going from 7/20 clubs relegated to 1/15 into a play-off could have been possible though not going to happen now. It's a pity because unless you are still in with a chance of winning the League games down the bottom are now meaningless.

I made the same point earlier. Going from 7/20 clubs relegated to 1/15 into a play-off could have been possible though not going to happen now. It's a pity because unless you are still in with a chance of winning the League games down the bottom are now meaningless.
I am sure could get agreement from all top league clubs that bottom club at least goes into play off with conference winners.

I thought initially even bottom 3 v 3 conference winners to play off for place in top league but all teams may not have agreed to that but surely would to bottom team going into a promotion / relegation play off especially since 7 down next season!

9 hours ago, Shannon said:

I am sure could get agreement from all top league clubs that bottom club at least goes into play off with conference winners.

I thought initially even bottom 3 v 3 conference winners to play off for place in top league but all teams may not have agreed to that but surely would to bottom team going into a promotion / relegation play off especially since 7 down next season!

Why should a team who participates in the premier be relegated whilst the teams sitting out are guaranteed premier status season 21/22? 

1 hour ago, theesel1994 said:

The League season begins a week tomorrow and clubs don't even know who they are playing. You'd never have this if Scott Robertson was still doing the fixtures. Doesn't leave much time to get supporters buses organised.

Will Scott not be in Blackpool this weekend for the big game?