1 hour ago, ToffeeTalbot said:

Confirmation received for clubsย that no relegation or promotionย this year.ย Disappointing for conference clubs who have invested inย squads to gain access to premiership. Would a few have changed votes knowing that?

But they did know that in advance of voting. Either some reps have been very economical in the info they have fed back to their clubs, or the clubs have just ignored the info presented to them IMO.

what an absolute shambles of a set up and all conference sides have been shafted royally here , as for the winners of premiership that will be tainted also as the big junior clubs are not taking part , and thats coming from a guy from darvel who must now have a great chance of winning the league , but lets no be kidded here the darvel public would rather see games against Pollok, Talbot , Cumnock , Glenafton & Kilbirnie than the might of vale of leithen , caledonia braves , civil service strollers etc , in fact the revenue would go down greatly if they get promoted which doesnt make senseย 

What are you on about!?

Been evident from the offset that the new structure was geared up for tier 6 level and the remainder were taken to alleviate any bad press. The management of the whole thing has been a disaster. The conference teams are now in a situation where if they decide to remain, play in a league where they have no income (at present) from supporters but still paying for training fees, referees fees etc. A number wonโ€™t be able to sustain that and there may be proud clubs forced to fold.

So many people involved with clubs like Pollok and Kilbirnie coming on here desperate for this to not work to help justify the crazy decision they made insuring no football at the clubs they run for a massive period of time.ย 

Clubs involved will make this work!ย  Weather you come on here and put it down or not,ย  no doubt see a few of you at a few games during the season!ย 

Edited by gaswork

20 minutes ago, geo87 said:

ย 

What are you on about!?

ย 

He has fell out with the two running darvel after months of constantly praising the pair,ย  the man is a disgrace and a total laughing stock as are the two currently running that village team.ย 

12 minutes ago, gaswork said:

He has fell out with the two running darvel after months of constantly praising the pair,ย  the man is a disgrace and a total laughing stock as are the two currently running that village team.ย 

another username here we go ha , to set the record straight ive never fallen out with Michael Kennedy and indeed i will continue to praise him as i believe hes the best manager at non league level in the countryย 

The important point coming out from today's announcement is that the SFA .....ย  "stated, that we must retain the formatย that wasย negotiated at the very beginning of theย season,ย which is:

Premier Division of 20 clubs reducing to 16 by 2022/23 at tier 6. Tier 7 was to consist of 3 Conferences playing to become 3 Linear Leagues by 2022/23."

The SFA also "agreed that it would be unfair to punish any team wishing to withdraw from playing". Hence no relegations.

Hence also, when the two together: no promotions (within the league).

SFA didn't see the need for flexibility over these issues so WoS hands tied.

Suppose the statement and info from the SFA answers the question of whether they would go to the previous four division structure for next season - at least that would've given something for the teams to aim for if there wasn't any promotion.

Though you do wonder if there will be questions asked about the professional status of these players if they aren't being paid! Still slightly surprised tier 6 was allowed to go ahead given the law as it stands says there's only an exemption in the central belt for "a sport or activity in which the participants are wholly or mainly professional sportspersons,
โ€œprofessional sportspersonโ€ means an individual whoโ€”
(a) derives a living from competing in sport,"

1 hour ago, gaswork said:

So many people involved with clubs like Pollok and Kilbirnie coming on here desperate for this to not work to help justify the crazy decision they made insuring no football at the clubs they run for a massive period of time.ย 

Clubs involved will make this work!ย  Weather you come on here and put it exam or not,ย  no doubt see a few of you at a few games during the season!ย 

That is just not true, Weย have many good friends at these clubs, how would weย wish them ill will.ย Just nonsense.ย Weย have concerns and justifiably taken the decision not to play.ย 

Appears to me that things are constantly changing from day to day and instead of standing by the original decisions made by clubs based on the information put to them that other options are now being put on the table which is completely out of order. I.M.G. should stand firmly by the original decision and not be trying to appease clubs and offering alternatives to attempt clubs to reconsider their options such as extending date for clubs to opt out of leagues this season.

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

Suppose the statement and info from the SFA answers the question of whether they would go to the previous four division structure for next season - at least that would've given something for the teams to aim for if there wasn't any promotion.

Though you do wonder if there will be questions asked about the professional status of these players if they aren't being paid! Still slightly surprised tier 6 was allowed to go ahead given the law as it stands says there's only an exemption in the central belt for "a sport or activity in which the participants are wholly or mainly professional sportspersons,
โ€œprofessional sportspersonโ€ means an individual whoโ€”
(a) derives a living from competing in sport,"

Extending the argument that Tier 6 should not be allowed to go ahead, you would end up stopping football across all of Tier 5, Tier 4, most of Tier 3 (excluding Partick and Falkirk)ย and even some in Tier 2 (Arbroath, Alloa ) would be affected.

44 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Extending the argument that Tier 6 should not be allowed to go ahead, you would end up stopping football across all of Tier 5, Tier 4, most of Tier 3 (excluding Partick and Falkirk)ย and even some in Tier 2 (Arbroath, Alloa ) would be affected.

Is that a problem?

36 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Is that a problem?

Shutting down all part time football isn't a solution in itself, just like shutting pubs, restaurants, restricting the use of public transport, flying etc. won't get rid of Covid.

Covid will eventually peter out by itself, or we will learn to adapt to it always being there.ย  We don't know what the future holdsย in two weeks time, far less three months, six months or a year ahead.

Stopping activities is a defeatist approachย to the problem.ย  A load of Lowland League and EOSFL clubs are already adapting to life without fans by streaming games.ย  Among them are Kelty, Bonnyrigg, Boness, Civil Service Strollers, Spartans, Berwick, Musselburgh, Penicuik, Netwongrange and probably several more besides.ย  Most started off with pilot streams free of charge, but some are now charging on a PPV basis.ย  When fans are allowed back it will remain an option to generate additional revenue.

Necessity drives change. At the moment clubs should be looking at alternative delivery channels for fans, other than standing on a terrace. It's sad to see so many clubs stuck in a time warp.

Appears to me that things are constantly changing from day to day and instead of standing by the original decisions made by clubs based on the information put to them that other options are now being put on the table which is completely out of order. I.M.G. should stand firmly by the original decision and not be trying to appease clubs and offering alternatives to attempt clubs to reconsider their options such as extending date for clubs to opt out of leagues this season.
Completely wrong to move the goalposts and introduce an option that wasn't available to vote on last week imo. Fair enough to move the withdrawal deadline by a week to let clubs fully digest the implications of last weeks ballot.

37 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Shutting down all part time football isn't a solution in itself, just like shutting pubs, restaurants, restricting the use of public transport, flying etc. won't get rid of Covid.

Covid will eventually peter out by itself, or we will learn to adapt to it always being there.ย  We don't know what the future holdsย in two weeks time, far less three months, six months or a year ahead.

Stopping activities is a defeatist approachย to the problem.ย  A load of Lowland League and EOSFL clubs are already adapting to life without fans by streaming games.ย  Among them are Kelty, Bonnyrigg, Boness, Civil Service Strollers, Spartans, Berwick, Musselburgh, Penicuik, Netwongrange and probably several more besides.ย  Most started off with pilot streams free of charge, but some are now charging on a PPV basis.ย  When fans are allowed back it will remain an option to generate additional revenue.

Necessity drives change. At the moment clubs should be looking at alternative delivery channels for fans, other than standing on a terrace. It's sad to see so many clubs stuck in a time warp.

Great postย 

Last sentence is spot on the clubs stuck in a time warp unable,ย  unwilling to change practises to evolve and make things happen have now set themselves the clubs reputation back big time for many years to come on and off the park.ย 

Edited by gaswork

4 hours ago, gaswork said:

Clubs involved will make this work!ย  Weather you come on here and put it down or not,ย  no doubt see a few of you at a few games during the season!ย 

Kilbirnie were not happy with starting at this point in time. When it was decided that there would be no sanctions for withdrawal the club ( and supporters ) agreed to not play. Don't believe it is a crazy decision on the contrary we believe it to be the correct one for us.ย  Every conference club should have been aware of consequences of playing with no promotion , that is why they should imo had a discussion with their fans. Best of luck to every club that decided it was in their interests to play.

3 hours ago, Chis said:

Sorry Chis but totally disagree with your point on offering alternatives to try and get clubs to change mind. I for one would like to see alternative proposals to get the big boysย back in as I fear for the future of the clubs that pull out - and players move on. Dont know the details of how this works.ย 

Everybody wasย happy to play friendlies under the health restictions so dont understand the difference moving into league games.

Is it the case that all that have agree to start comply with the dressing room rules ? Do the East and others comply ? In England fans are in. If not could tempory facilities ie portakabins not be brought in so the home team uses both dressing rooms and the away team uses the temp facilities,surely not impossible. Accept that it would cost some money but for howย long ? My concern is if circumstances change for the better in a months time ? the teams that have withdrawn will regret it. Govermnent or the higher echelons of SFA should be looking after the grass roots.

I know its not you but why not let fans in in a controlled manner and league appoint "crowd behaviour person" to monitor social distancing in ground.

Again it has been mentioned why not live stream and ask for subscription charge ?

I dont think the future is Rosey and have already thrown my golf clubs out and dont own bowls

6 hours ago, Chis said:

Come on Chis you have been in the game long enough to know how it works . 70 % of clubs said they wouldnโ€™t survive more than 4 weeks without fans so when the start date of 24 th October arrived 3/ 4 weeks from then and thatโ€™s your answer. I predicted thatโ€™s what it would be and asked the question before the voting even commenced and was told it was t guaranteed but with the current government restrictions etc was almost a certainty to be applied.ย 

8 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

another username here we go ha , to set the record straight ive never fallen out with Michael Kennedy and indeed i will continue to praise him as i believe hes the best manager at non league level in the countryย 

Here was me thinking you had turned the corner.