No problem with the decision.  
However they should not get to remain in the prem and should be forced to start at whatever the bottom tier is next year.  
So unfair on those teams that are going to at least try and play.  Its a travesty what teams like glens are getting away with.

It’s not a travesty we’re in the middle of a global pandemic some teams think it’s viable and safe to go ahead with the season and some teams don’t. The chances of fans getting in before Xmas is literally zero, there’s no changing facilities and players also have there jobs to think of and smaller clubs are getting zero help from the government. This season should have been scrapped altogether and saved the clubs into making this tough decision.

6 hours ago, archieb said:

Fair enough. I must be mistaken.

Knew about the overage rule, thought there was a less restrictive limit the other way too.

There are tons of rules so it is hard to keep up.

The point o the development league is to give the players as close as possible the experience of the first team and thus any opportunity to go into the first team is applauded and enticed,

I'm on here often and read people who are either at the windup or just jealous.

Who gives a flying feck if a team has a sugar daddy that pays for the team or a team who has a big support that pays for a  team.
What's the big deal as long as they are all teams who are in the league looking to do get as high as they can with success.

First and foremost, the MAIN reason the teams who have withdrawn this season is for finances, absolutely everything else is secondary.
I don't think there is anything wrong with teams withdrawing and I don't think there is anything wrong with teams staying.
The talk from people who state on here that certain teams will take the league to court because of NO relegation or promotion is laughable and if they do, then they are going to lose heavily because every business is having to adapt daily due to Covid.

I take it the clubs all voted for different options before the league commences,

1. withdraw and come back next season at same level so no promotion/relegation this season
2. all play on as normal come the 24th
3. Shut the whole league down for season 20/21

Was there any other options on the table ?

22 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Who gives a flying feck if a team has a sugar daddy that pays for the team or a team who has a big support that pays for a  team.
What's the big deal as long as they are all teams who are in the league looking to do get as high as they can with success.

First and foremost, the MAIN reason the teams who have withdrawn this season is for finances, absolutely everything else is secondary.
I don't think there is anything wrong with teams withdrawing and I don't think there is anything wrong with teams staying.
The talk from people who state on here that certain teams will take the league to court because of NO relegation or promotion is laughable and if they do, then they are going to lose heavily because every business is having to adapt daily due to Covid.

I take it the clubs all voted for different options before the league commences,

1. withdraw and come back next season at same level so no promotion/relegation this season

The details of the vote are earlier in the thread, might have been better if it was as simple as 1 2 or 3 but that ship has sailed now.

2 hours ago, superpollok said:

I don’t recall Bankies on here being discussed as one of the clubs who allegedly spend X on beating a team to a player.

I certainly didn’t mention Clydebank in my post, more so made reference to the teams often discussed on here as the big payers And then everyone denies that there is someone putting money in. 

“as the clubs thatare still playing are not the clubs with the biggerattendances as you said, they are the clubs wheremoney comes in through other means “

We are still playing.

https://wosfl.co.uk/update:-13th-october-2020/

The following is an email sent to all WoSFL member clubs at 10.50am on the morning of 13th October 2020 by Kennie Young, Secretary of the Interim Management Group.

To All Clubs,

As Secretary of the Interim Management Group of the West of Scotland Football League it is my duty to update you on the plans for starting the Leagues.

We have had intense discussions, throughout the weekend, including talks with the Scottish Football Association on possible scenarios surrounding the results of our recent ballot.

These meetings and discussions culminated in a Zoom Meeting last night lasting almost three hours.

Our over-riding principle in all this is protection of each and every one of our 67 clubs.

In line with the decision taken by the Lowland League, we also decided that we would not force any team to take part in a competition that had the potential to bankrupt them due to no income from fans, or that forced them to ignore their duty of care to their players and staff.

Therefore we offered the teams the option to withdraw from the league without penalty.

Relegation is a form of penalty.

So we cannot relegate a team for not playing and also we could not relegate a team for playing whilst allowing non-playing teams to retain a spot for next season.

The Scottish Football Association have accepted that due to the current circumstances we are quite correct to consider the welfare and survival of all of our clubs and that we have to consider all aspects and implications of any decision we come to.

They completely agreed that it would be unfair to punish any team wishing to withdraw from playing if they were concerned for their players, staff, committee and their fans. Also, that the clubs had to consider the financial implications of closed door matches.

They also informed us that due to a number of clubs withdrawing from playing and without penalty, that it was right and proper that the full 4 league structure from this season should rollover to the next season. 

However, it was also stated, that we must retain the format that was negotiated at the very beginning of the season, which is:

Premier Division of 20 clubs reducing to 16 by 2022/23 at tier 6. Tier 7 was to consist of 3 Conferences playing to become 3 Linear Leagues by 2022/23.

All teams must start Season 2021/22 in the League they are in at present.

For clarification, this means that there will be no promotion and/or relegation between tiers 6 and 7 in accordance with the Q&A document emailed to every member club on Monday 5th October. This was subsequently fully discussed at the online meeting held on the evening of Tuesday 6th October, three days before the closing time of the vote.

We considered every option and outcome, we also considered the emails, messages and phone calls from a small number of clubs that contacted us with various suggestions.

Since the result of the Ballot being published we have received emails from 9 clubs informing and confirming that they wish to withdraw from competing in this season’s League Competition. This has been implemented and the Premier League will commence on Saturday 24th October with 15 Clubs.

It has been decided that we will run with a fixture list of 28 Games where each team will play the other 14 teams on a home and away basis.

The 3 Conferences will run with the remaining teams and will also be played on a home and away basis, we may if required adjust these Conferences to try to achieve a balance across the leagues.

Titles, Trophies and Medals will be assigned to all competitions.

I now have to inform you, that, should your club wish to take up the option of withdrawing from playing in any of the Leagues and be able to do so without penalty, you will have until 8PM on Friday 16th October 2020, to confirm via an email to myself, of that decision. After that deadline passes all clubs that have not informed me of their withdrawal will be considered as playing.

A fixture list will be produced as soon as possible thereafter and the clubs will be expected to complete those fixtures. However, we have also decided that due to some of the results from the earlier club survey, we have also added a period of grace to still withdraw without penalty.

If you feel your club cannot continue due to the restrictions that are in place at that time, we will allow clubs to inform me via an email of their desire to withdraw from playing.

The deadline for that stage will be 8PM on Saturday 14thNovember 2020.

Please note, that any club that has not withdrawn from playing by that deadline will be considered as playing and will be expected to complete their commitment to the League by playing all fixtures as set out. Any club withdrawing after that deadline will be considered as having withdrawn from the WoSFL and may be sanctioned for that withdrawal.

Finally, a reminder once again that the closing deadline for any club to withdraw without penalty from the Soccer Shop Challenge Cup is Saturday 17th October.

Regards,

Kennie Young
Secretary
Interim Management Group of the West of Scotland Football League

3 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Nonsense since when does playing league games = a season of friendlies. 😄 Tell the teams that win their leagues at the end of the season that they just won a bunch of friendlies, they'll probably tell you where to go.

Agreed. The email confirms titles and trophies are up for grabs.

Looks a bit tight of them to imply sanctions for pulling out after the Nov deadline. No-one knows what the situation will be then, so the league will assess things on an ongoing basis surely

2 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Agreed. The email confirms titles and trophies are up for grabs.

Looks a bit tight of them to imply sanctions for pulling out after the Nov deadline. No-one knows what the situation will be then, so the league will assess things on an ongoing basis surely

2 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Agreed

I think that might be there mainly for West Premier clubs. That they would face relegation if they withdrew once the season starts.

31 minutes ago, ToffeeTalbot said:

Confirmation received for clubs that no relegation or promotion this year. Disappointing for conference clubs who have invested in squads to gain access to premiership. Would a few have changed votes knowing that?

They voted knowing this to be the case.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I think that might be there mainly for West Premier clubs. That they would face relegation if they withdrew once the season starts.

But that's the point. The situation could get worse after November. If that's the case it would be harsh to relegate them. If it's just because they don't fancy it after trying it for a few weeks then fine.

4 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

But that's the point. The situation could get worse after November. If that's the case it would be harsh to relegate them. If it's just because they don't fancy it after trying it for a few weeks then fine.

If the situation gets worse then it would be more than a single club withdrawing from an ongoing league.

3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I presume that line about leagues having to be the same in 2021/22 as they are just now does not mean that there is no promotion from tier 6 to tier 5?

It only says no promotion between Premier and Conferences. The WoS Premier champion will still compete in the LL Play-off if eligible.

Which has the potential of creating a promotion spot for a Conference team but with so many variables to it its not worth mentioning.

3 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

The choices were structured differently.

Essentially though, the other option was to delay the start until restrictions are eased.

And your #2 had no "all".

what an absolute shambles of a set up and all conference sides have been shafted royally here , as for the winners of premiership that will be tainted also as the big junior clubs are not taking part , and thats coming from a guy from darvel who must now have a great chance of winning the league , but lets no be kidded here the darvel public would rather see games against Pollok, Talbot , Cumnock , Glenafton & Kilbirnie than the might of vale of leithen , caledonia braves , civil service strollers etc , in fact the revenue would go down greatly if they get promoted which doesnt make sense 

14 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

Been lost in all this the fact 31 voted not to start and 22 never had the conviction to withdraw yet knowing deal, very strange indeed.

The debate was three-way start/pause/cancel rather than a two-way start/cancel one. It's easy enough to understand why 22 initially preferred to pause to January (there was a sensible case to be made for that) but then after further deliberation would have had start rather cancel as their second choice. Not playing a competitive game for 18 months has its own set of risks (people get out of the habit and lose interest, at a small club that could tip things over the edge), just as starting without crowds does for larger clubs with large wage bills to cover.

Edited by LongTimeLurker