Does any body think that the events of the last 24hrs are going to be final? I think there will be a few more twists and turns yet. 

Looking back, we have clubs who have agreed to take a year out, I completely understand that and to be entirely honest am unsure now that we will get a season finished this year anyway so it might be a completely wasted effort. If that does come to pass then essentially clubs will have spent thousands on a season which didnt even end.

It could be that someone gets a vaccine approved and we’re going to two games a week after christmas and dont get me wrong id be delighted with that but can’t help but think the governments are now strapping in for a longer pandemic. The no relegation/promotion thing is a sickener for the clubs in the conferences and I can understand why they feel aggrieved, im not sure that’s well thought out but can’t indeed offer an alternative idea, but you also can’t blame teams who feel unsure from taking the opportunity to have a year out with no punishment. Is there any way to even have a play off and promote 2 teams from the conferences and come to an agreement with the sfa that the 7 (or was it 6 i cant remember??)teams that were supposed to be relegated this season becomes 5 teams next year and 5/4 teams the season after that, given the overall change in global circumstances we have to think football must adapt or essentially die, if the SFA were unwilling to even consider this then it would suggest they don’t have the best interests of the game at heart. Certainly it would seem unfair, I wonder if it even would see some of the clubs who have joined the leagues a new or have been spending serious money on their squads, Im surprised that teams like Drumchapel and St Cadoc’s arent pressing for promotion etc especially given the rumours around the wages they are paying. 

I hope that all the clubs either playing or taking a year out get through this, as much as I enjoy a bit of rivalry with Talbot and Lok etc I would never want anything to happen for these clubs  to cease playing and I look forward to a good bit of wind up with the fans of those clubs when they rejoin the leagues, I completely understand why they took the decision they did. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

The clubs voted on ending the season or continuing with no relegation or promotion as part of the "deal."

I don't think the season will finish, but if it does could the Premiership clubs show some leadership and accept relegation or maybe even a play-off against a Conference play-off winner to give the Premiership some sort of meaning this season. What was once 7 of 20 clubs being relegated now becomes 1 of 15?

8 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

The clubs voted on ending the season or continuing with no relegation or promotion as part of the "deal."

I don't think the season will finish, but if it does could the Premiership clubs show some leadership and accept relegation or maybe even a play-off against a Conference play-off winner to give the Premiership some sort of meaning this season. What was once 7 of 20 clubs being relegated now becomes 1 of 15?

I don't disagree with this idea per se but can see an issue with it regarding those that have continued playing. 

Why would they agree to be potentially relegated when the teams taking a year out come straight back in to the top league?

3 minutes ago, WilliamBragg said:

I don't disagree with this idea per se but can see an issue with it regarding those that have continued playing. 

Why would they agree to be potentially relegated when the teams taking a year out come straight back in to the top league?

I know - it is also turkeys voting for Christmas. Those clubs that are taking a year out will be losing all their players as it is. But 1 club sacrificed to have a meaningful season is that too much to ask?

8 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

I know - it is also turkeys voting for Christmas. Those clubs that are taking a year out will be losing all their players as it is. But 1 club sacrificed to have a meaningful season is that too much to ask?

As I said I don't disagree with it per se but I don't think you'll ever get any team in the top division to vote for it.

Edited by WilliamBragg

I find it it incredulous that the league have allowed these teams to just take a year out without making them start at the bottom.

thats just shameful.

What a tin pot league.  Not even amateur leagues would behave like that!  

Seems the junior legacy still alive at this area.  If they want to take a year out, fine, but dont penalise those teams that want to play.  Truly horrific and dreadful decision by the league

In fact its downright embarrassing.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

They should have read the guidance that came with the questionnaire, then they WOULD have known what they were voting for.

I suspect that none of the 9 got what they voted for either. Vote in Q2 for a delayed start rather than scrubbing the season but, because of the way 36 of the other clubs voted your season gets scrubbed anyway!

1 minute ago, archieb said:

They should have read the guidance that came with the questionnaire, then they WOULD have known what they were voting for.

I suspect that none of the 9 got what they voted for either. Vote in Q2 for a delayed start rather than scrubbing the season but, because of the way 36 of the other clubs voted your season gets scrubbed anyway!

It reminds me of the Auf Wiedersehen Pet episode when they're picking colours to paint their shed and because of the second choices they end up with a colour nobody wants.

8 minutes ago, oldandround said:

I find it it incredulous that the league have allowed these teams to just take a year out without making them start at the bottom.

thats just shameful.

Seems the junior legacy still alive at this area.  If they want to take a year out, fine, but dont penalise those teams that want to play.  Truly horrific and dreadful decision by the league

Somebody else who wants to change the basis of the questionnaire.

If you want that then argue for the vote to be run again on a different basis.

Personally I'd still have recommended withdrawal under the current circumstances, even if the consequence was to be placed in a tier 7 conference next season - or even a tier 9 division.

After all, Sevco survived something similar albeit for a very different reason - and we'd maybe have Talbot , Nock, Glens and Ladeside for company!

Edited by archieb

9 minutes ago, oldandround said:

thats just shameful.

Problem is you have WoSFL blazers who were openly anti pyramid still calling the shots. They should have been hunted.

12 minutes ago, archieb said:

However 

If all clubs were to have voted to start on the 24th then we would have had a full competitive league, however some clubs thought not for them (thier choice).

Based on your logic you could say it was of the way the 31 clubs in voting no and some subsequently withdrawing is the reason we did not all start competitivley on the 24th

There must be a fix

43 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

To try and honour what people voted on and there only being 12 days until the start of the season you can basically do that by saying the Conference play-off winner replaces a promoted Premier champion.

If the WoS Premier champion doesn't get promoted then nobody gets promoted.

I dont think its fair to call those in charge incompetent etc, the last time global circumstances caused significant disruption In society and to football on this level was world war two, 80 odd years ago. Everyone’s just trying to do the best thing and obviously some disagree as to what that is, whatever happens not every side will get what they want. 

I dont think its fair to call those in charge incompetent etc, the last time global circumstances caused significant disruption In society and to football on this level was world war two, 80 odd years ago. Everyone’s just trying to do the best thing and obviously some disagree as to what that is, whatever happens not every side will get what they want. 
The massive mistake was allowing Premier clubs to withdraw without any penalty, what on earth were the management committee thinking by even suggesting it let alone approving it. It's absolutely baffling.

Now there is the possibility (if it gets played) of Pollok and Talbot ripping the pish by fielding scratch sides in the 2019/20 Junior Cup and pocketing a lot of money.