8 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

So what happens with the Conferences? 

Do they move one club from Conference B into C so it's 14-15-14 or re-jig the whole thing and swap it all over or keep it 14-16-13 as it will be now?

There will be a Zoom call and a vote no doubt.

8 hours ago, superpollok said:

Sweden without a lockdown estimated 15% of the population in Stockholm have had Covid and that is in a much longer period that 6 weeks - they believed it would be around 40% with the lack of lockdown there.

Main thing to watch on Sweden is whether they have a second wave on deaths similar to what is happening in western European countries that imposed strict lockdowns. So far no sign of one, which is what you would expect if they had reached herd immunity with the first wave. The other countries mentioned like the UK stopped that process in its tracks, so they still have to endure significant pain that the politicians are terrified of for opinion poll rating reasons whenever they try to open things up again.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/sweden/

We are very lucky that the IFR turned out to be much lower than initially feared, because the relatively small size of the "second waves" on deaths in western European countries that locked down is consistent with most of the infections needed to reach herd immunity having happened before the lockdowns were imposed. Sweden messed up every bit as badly on its initial response as the UK did, but had public health officials in charge and acting rationally on what to do next rather than opinion poll gazing politicians guided by kneejerk populism.

Anyway, guess this is a fitba subforum...

That espistle from the 17 epostles was pretty poor form. Every one of those employees should have gone direct to their committee, and more specifically their treasurer, rather than bleating publically and putting pressure on the clubs like that. Unless as I said before, every last one of them had an agreement with all of their players (and coaching team) to effectively be amateurs from now til end of the pandemic. In which case, like with Meadow (and Maryhill, off that list) then fairplay. And unless they were all going to fund their own training and pay for match officials too. Just like amateurs do with their subs. Maybe even contribute to water rates, electricity bills, rent... no?

Playing for expenses only? All well and good but who pays for it? The committee out their own pocket? Fans donating to a team they cannot see and perhaps not even watch on youtube?

The withdrawal of the 9 cannot be a shock - these clubs I am sure would have given their various POVs in the zoom meeting.

Edited by cmontheloknow

I think it is time to stop the attacks on both sides of the decision. Clubs have to decide what’s right for them and they have.

Good luck to those who are starting the season I really hope it goes well and that fans are allowed back in sooner rather than later and allows them to see out the entire season.

Those clubs that have pulled out will have done so with the view of not wanting to do long term damage to their club and I can understand that. They are elected custodians of their clubs and they remit is to make sure their club is still around for the future. Whether or not you agree with the decision it must have been a hard decision for them to take.

Nobody should be point scoring off of this decisions taken on both sides. It would have been the hardest clubs would have had taken.

Good luck to those clubs that are kicking off their season soon good luck and hope it goes well, and to those that are taking a year out see you in the future.

I am hoping now the decisions have been taken we can now go back to talking about football rather than bickering over something that is much bigger than all of us.

12 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

I think it is time to stop the attacks on both sides of the decision. Clubs have to decide what’s right for them and they have.

Good luck to those who are starting the season I really hope it goes well and that fans are allowed back in sooner rather than later and allows them to see out the entire season.

Those clubs that have pulled out will have done so with the view of not wanting to do long term damage to their club and I can understand that. They are elected custodians of their clubs and they remit is to make sure their club is still around for the future. Whether or not you agree with the decision it must have been a hard decision for them to take.

Nobody should be point scoring off of this decisions taken on both sides. It would have been the hardest clubs would have had taken.

Good luck to those clubs that are kicking off their season soon good luck and hope it goes well, and to those that are taking a year out see you in the future.

I am hoping now the decisions have been taken we can now go back to talking about football rather than bickering over something that is much bigger than all of us.

Very well put my friend was just going to say exactly the same points.

Extra sympathy for the 6 who changed their minds and the extra angst that that brings.

Think Dalry Ammies might see me on a Saturday for a bit if allowed :)

Edited by Sancho Panza

2 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

That espistle from the 17 epostles was pretty poor form. Every one of those employees should have gone direct to their committee, and more specifically their treasurer, rather than bleating publically and putting pressure on the clubs like that. Unless as I said before, every last one of them had an agreement with all of their players (and coaching team) to effectively be amateurs from now til end of the pandemic. In which case, like with Meadow (and Maryhill, off that list) then fairplay. And unless they were all going to fund their own training and pay for match officials too. Just like amateurs do with their subs. Maybe even contribute to water rates, electricity bills, rent... no?

Playing for expenses only? All well and good but who pays for it? The committee out their own pocket? Fans donating to a team they cannot see and perhaps not even watch on youtube?

The withdrawal of the 9 cannot be a shock - these clubs I am sure would have given their various POVs in the zoom meeting.

It looks like 18 of the 20 clubs committees and managers views  were in line apart from Cumnock and Glenafton then?

10 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

So what happens with the Conferences? 

Do they move one club from Conference B into C so it's 14-15-14 or re-jig the whole thing and swap it all over or keep it 14-16-13 as it will be now?

Surely with guidance regarding travel restrictions in place along with the lack of showers / changing facilities they must seriously consider regionalising the conferences?

1 hour ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Exactly this.

I am glad my club are one of those who have decided to play but totally understand those clubs who have decided the opposite way.

Let's argue over who has the best football team but some things are bigger than football. 

Let's work together and get our game back on an even keel once this pandemic is finally over.

15 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

Tail tried to wag the dog here going by the calibre of clubs that have withdrawn.

I find this a bit arrogant 

This is a brand new set up with 67 clubs joining as equals 

Maybe the dogs should reajust thier business model to suit the times  instead of fighting for thier "right" to a seat at the top table - no team has played a single game in the WOSFL but some "bigger" teams think they can dictate to the rest because they got placed in a league which was Gerrymandered to suit.

The Conferences in year 1 should always have been across the board as was originally promised.

Have some respect for fellow member clubs who will decide what the best way forward for themselves is.

Full fixture list in the East on Saturday past with teams and players travelling between health board areas. Given "professional " football allowed this is presumably permitted.

"Travel restrictions" as such are currently due to end two weeks from today are they not?  (I accept this may not be correct) If so its just covering one Saturday of the league. Guidelines have seemingly been issued to EOS league clubs to access dressing rooms at least. They are strict and some clubs won't be able to comply at present  but if even if some clubs at tier six and seven can get use of dressing rooms then at least its a start.
Cowdenbeath in the SPFL had put aside a total of 8 rooms for the game against Hearts in the Bet Fred cup on Saturday before it had to be moved to East Fife's ground. 

4 hours ago, Yogi said:

The meadow were never bankrupt they paid every penny of there debt from taxman to the brewery so stop talking rubbish trying to make Strain look bad

Lol really think Chris is good at that himself without my help. Quite like Strawbaws he's actually a sound guy just find it a tad ironic that he wants players to play for nowt yet he was at Medda when his auld fella was paying mental wages to players which ended up putting future of great club into serious doubt.

27 minutes ago, Glass ceiling said:

The Conferences in year 1 should always have been across the board as was originally promised.

When it was clear that there was never going to be anything close to a normal season they should have just reverted to the equal Conference idea. Do it to form a 16 team Premier and another season of Conferences in 2021-22.

12 minutes ago, tartantam said:

He and the like are arrogant,  guaranteed they expected far more clubs to have bailed out than did.  Many many supporters and players will be delighted the club they support and play for are giving this a go and working through this to give us all competitive football to enjoy.  

Those who bailed gave up the ghost far far to early and will in my opinion come to regret it big time by the time they gel back it will be an incredible year and a half after last competition game where they will have for sure lose numerous fans who will simply get out the habit of going to the football thats just human nature . Clubs starting this month have a challenge with this issue never mind in almost a YEARS time. 

IMO I think that is the biggest challenge to football in the longer term. Lots of people have got out of the habit of going to the football most Saturdays, me included. Obviously I will go to the home games, but I am not sure I will travel to as many away games with Killie as I have done over the years once this passes.  I will probably head down to Dunterlie if Arthurlie are at home on such Saturdays, but doubt I would travel any distance now. 

Time and money can be spent better IMO. 

2 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Excellent post.

1 hour ago, Innocent bystander said:

Surely with guidance regarding travel restrictions in place along with the lack of showers / changing facilities they must seriously consider regionalising the conferences?

Spot on

Youve got the situation where teams like Royal Albert have to travel to both Greenock and Port Glasgow (and vice versa)

Wont be a pleasant 45/60 minute  car journey for those teams soaked to the skin.

Why not have a playoff for an overall Conference champion to try and solve the problem of no promotion for the Conference side? Could maybe split the Conferences into 4 to aid more local games and make the tournament easier to manage with semi-finals and final. The winner would then replace the WoS Premier champion, if they do indeed gain promotion.

Because its not as if every club in the WoS Premier are going to be motivated to play by the prospect of promotion. The majority of the clubs aren't going to get licenced this season, and even then there's a play-off to negotiate.

28 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Can we stop this soaked to the skin pish. 

It's really not hard to stick a towel a tracksuit and a flask of coffee in the motor.

Aye true enough bud will save clubs in leccy and water rates next season if it's no hard for players to do what you said this season. Think some clubs will reassess wages and treatment of players in future if they are no really bothered about stuff like that and only want a game of fitba lol