Either that or just scrap the season. Too many issues with these clubs withdrawing as that will now influence other clubs..alongside no fans, changing facilities not being available and very little, if any at all, funding!!! So, most teams playing for nothing, both in monetary terms and recognition!!

36 minutes ago, archieb said:

IMO the other 58 clubs are taking a huge gamble. Withdrawal and sitting out the whole season is not what I, or most if not all at Pollok wanted - our vote was to postpone playing till safe and our preference was to then combine the rest of 2020-21 with 2021-22 into a single season.

The no relegation offer may have made a difference to some but I for one would still have voted against the restart if the consequence had been dropping out of the Premiership.

The health and welfare of the people in the Pollok family and even the existence of the club could be at stake, some things are more important than top division status.

What was the point in Pollok playing yesterday then?

1 minute ago, holmparkheroes said:

What was the point in Pollok playing yesterday then?

Everyone knows it’s to do with money... Pollock played yesterday because the where hoping to twist the arm of the SG to allow fans!! End of the day it’s all about money top 8 teams leave because they can’t afford to pay wages #simple 

There is plenty football going on, even with the current restrictions. I was in Peebles yesterday where Peebles Rovers were playing Luncarty in the EOSFL and an amateur game was going on in an adjacent pitch. There were maybe 35 people watching the EOS game, from a distance, (excluding those in the official parties who occupied the stand).  That is not much different from Peebles normal home attendance.

Today I was out for a walk around the Gyle in Edinburgh. There were seven youth games going on concurrently, with around 20 or so people (mainly parents), all socially distanced, watching each game, plus the usual dog walkers and joggers stopping for a few minutes. None of those kids had access to changing rooms or showers and the games progressed just like a "normal" Sunday morning.

I think clubs are far too precious when citing the lack of changing rooms and showers as a primary reason for sitting out the season.  There is only one overarching reason they are sitting it out, and that is money to pay players and other match expenses. 

4 minutes ago, oldbeforetime said:

Everyone knows it’s to do with money... Pollock played yesterday because the where hoping to twist the arm of the SG to allow fans!! End of the day it’s all about money top 8 teams leave because they can’t afford to pay wages #simple 

If your correct then I applaud them for not throwing hard earned money at a clusterfuck of a season.

3 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

If your correct then I applaud them for not throwing hard earned money at a clusterfuck of a season.

Absolutely, the clubs are more important than players, managers this pandemic might be here for a few years if clubs keep paying silly money they won’t #simple 

4 minutes ago, oldbeforetime said:

Absolutely, the clubs are more important than players, managers this pandemic might be here for a few years if clubs keep paying silly money they won’t #simple 

If strict lockdowns don't get imposed a pandemic usually sweeps through a population in 2 to 3 months until there is herd immunity. What we are having right now is the portion of the first wave that the lockdown intereupted. Assuming Nicola and Boris keep the schools and workplaces open this time and let things run their course, everything could look very different on COVID six weeks from now and the people who pressed the panic button where having a season is concerned will wind up looking very silly. 

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If strict lockdowns don't get imposed a pandemic usually sweeps through a population in 2 to 3 months until there is herd immunity. What we are having right now is the portion of the first wave that the lockdown intereupted. Assuming Nicola and Boris keep the schools and workplaces open this time and let things run their course, everything could look very different on COVID six weeks from now and the people who pressed the panic button where having a season is concerned will wind up looking very silly. 

Or, wee Nippy shites it and sticks to her guns and there are no fans allowed in this season. Then the clubs that where relying

on fans returning mid season can't finish the season due to lack of funds or possibly worse, are no more. Is it worth the risk?

19 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Wasn't your club trying to get season ticket money from fans as late as Tuesday . No refunds?

At least they were honest and let the fans know there would be no refunds, so it was up to the individual if they wanted to purchase one.  In their statement they have intimated that season tickets will be refunded due to the club pulling out of this seasons mess.  Also why were you asking this question when you knew the answer?

Aye says Chris who has players on hunners and part of Medda squad that bankrupted the club 

Spot on.

The moment in live when you agree with anything that comes from strain is a moment to take stock of your life.

Hated within his own club, but the committee got scared and brought him back.

A guy as you said, played for Meadow for years taking plenty of cash that nearly ended that football club, then talking about money.

Interesting how the clubs who have chosen not to play have been dignified in their statements and not critical of those that choose to play. However some of those that are playing seem to be more upset that someone isn’t instead of getting on with it.

Maybe cos they know the ‘league’ they are playing in now isn’t worth a thing with the big clubs not playing.

Sweden without a lockdown estimated 15% of the population in Stockholm have had Covid and that is in a much longer period that 6 weeks - they believed it would be around 40% with the lack of lockdown there.

1 minute ago, gogsy said:

Rhetorical question, seems to have upset  you though. I'll ask another one. Did the club consult with fans before taking the decision to withdraw from the league this season?

Not upset in the least unlike yourself when wee Bazza came to Kelty. As for the question I can't answer that but I know I wasn't pesonally consulted, however consulted or not the decision was made by the committee who firstly and foremost are Talbot supporters and I fully support them as do the countless supporters on our Facebook page. This season is a mess and rightly or wrongly clubs have made their decisions so lets respect them without trying to gain brownie points.

Sorry if been covered already but what happens to the teams that have withdrawn? I presume they won’t be punished at the leagues are effectively null and void this year with no promotion or relegation?

Are the players from the withdrawing clubs free to sign for anyone else?