2 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Of course it's about money, Chris Strain - they pay the wagebill. 🙄

He’s trying to change the narrative because his club and another bullied and shouted everyone into  starting the league. Now the bigger clubs are throwing the towel in (which no-one expected) hes wanting to change what happened 

29 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Tail tried to wag the dog here going by the calibre of clubs that have withdrawn.

It's all the big team they are the ones with the most to lose out. No crowds and high wages. It's going to be interesting where the league go from hee 

1 minute ago, gogsy said:

So have the 14 that withdrawn from the season all been finalised?

https://wosfl.co.uk/update-11th-october-2020/

8 clubs are out. The other 6 will start the season.

To All Clubs,

Following Friday’s Ballot, 14 clubs intimated that they wished to withdraw from participating in Season 2020-21.

As Secretary of the Interim Management Group of the WoSFL, I wrote to those 14 clubs to ask if they would confirm in writing their club’s withdrawal.

All 14 clubs replied. Eight clubs have confirmed that they will not compete in this season’s League Competition. The other six have confirmed that they will participate.

I’d like to thank those clubs for their deliberations in this difficult situation and that we, as the IMG, recognise that they have not taken any decision lightly, but they have done so with their clubs’ best interests at heart.

The IMG are in constant dialogue and are trying to address the mountain of messages we have received.

Hopefully we will have answers soon.

I’d also like to add a reminder for you.

The Soccer Shop Challenge Cup is not a WoSFL Competition, so if any club wishes to withdraw from that competition (including the eight that have withdrawn from the WoSFL) they should do so by 17th October by writing to Richard Osborne  to inform him of their withdrawal.

I would also like this information purely to assist me with fixture compilation.

Again we ask you for your patience on this.

Regards,

Kennie Young
Secretary
WoSFL Interim Management Group

3 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Thanks for the reply

Problem is there are 9 withdrawls out there.

1. Ardrossan Winton Rovers
  2. Arthurlie
  3. Auchinleck Talbot
  4. Cumnock
  5. Glenafton Athletic
  6. Kilbirnie Ladeside
  7. Petershill
  8. Pollok
  9. Whitletts Victoria

It seems Glenafton are considered the late addition to the withdrawals.

So that's a WoS Premier of 15 and WoS Conferences of 43 to start the season.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

Problem is there are 9 withdrawls out there.
  1. Ardrossan Winton Rovers
  2. Arthurlie
  3. Auchinleck Talbot
  4. Cumnock
  5. Glenafton Athletic
  6. Kilbirnie Ladeside
  7. Petershill
  8. Pollok
  9. Whitletts Victoria
It seems Glenafton are considered the late addition to the withdrawals.
So that's a WoS Premier of 15 and WoS Conferences of 43 to start the season.
Just had it confirmed that the statement refers to the original 14 who opted out. 1 of the 9 changed their position after voting.

There is no reason why the WOSFL can't have promotion at the end of this season 2020/21.

All it would take would be an agreement to run two equal divisions at tier 6, i.e. a Premier League A and B, with say 14 clubs in each league, for season 2021/22. End of season playoffs would determine the WOSFL Champion Club and, if licensed, to also play off for a LL place. 

Run that way for one season then return to a 16 team Premier League in 2022/23, with the bottom 6 in each league forming the tier 7 league along with next season's tier 7 top sides.

Edited by Footballfirst

21 minutes ago, ToffeeTalbot said:

Nine big clubs have decided to sit out the season. Every club in the conference is up in arms as no promotion or relegation. I would guess over half the clubs are playing russian roulette with finishes on fans being on back by December. Exciting start to the session 

IMO the other 58 clubs are taking a huge gamble. Withdrawal and sitting out the whole season is not what I, or most if not all at Pollok wanted - our vote was to postpone playing till safe and our preference was to then combine the rest of 2020-21 with 2021-22 into a single season.

The no relegation offer may have made a difference to some but I for one would still have voted against the restart if the consequence had been dropping out of the Premiership.

The health and welfare of the people in the Pollok family and even the existence of the club could be at stake, some things are more important than top division status.

4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

There is no reason why the WOSFL can't have promotion at the end of this season 2020/21.

All it would take would be an agreement to run two equal divisions at tier 6, i.e. a Premier League A and B, with say 14 clubs in each league, for season 2021/22. End of season playoffs would determine the WOSFL Champion Club and, if licensed, to also play off for a LL place. 

Run that way for one season then return to a 16 team Premier League in 2022/23, with the bottom 6 in each league forming the tier 7 league along with next season's tier 7 top sides.

You'd have to talk to the SFA about that. Its seems like it was enough of a struggle to get 20 teams for 2020-21. You can even look at how cautiously they approached splitting the 20 into two "Groups" rather than calling them Conferences or Divisions.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

You'd have to talk to the SFA about that. Its seems like it was enough of a struggle to get 20 teams for 2020-21. You can even look at how cautiously they approached splitting the 20 into two "Groups" rather than calling them Conferences or Divisions.

They'd need to go back to an all in Division now with 5 clubs coming out of the Premiership.

10 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

They'd need to go back to an all in Division now with 5 clubs coming out of the Premiership.

I know. Its the same number of games (28) but over 30 rounds due to the odd one out. It should still be workable in the time frame required for any potential play-off. Certainly makes it easier to understand for those that were confused by the two Groups of x10 model.