3 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Nothing there that says clubs are responsible for nutters that are outside RED/AMBER/GREEN areas.

The players need to socially distance in the amber zone and they are under control of clubs.

Also, if these guys watching are inside the ground, how do you make THEM socially distance? That is the flaw in the 'let them in, we'll socially distance, promise gov' idea.

Edited by cmontheloknow

40 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Nothing there that says clubs are responsible for nutters that are outside RED/AMBER/GREEN areas.

Correct but inside Red/Amber zone they are but in that picture there are 11between 18 yard line and halfway line so only another 7 can be inside amber zone aye right !!!!

Perfect example that clubs will not follow the rules that are set out 

The players need to socially distance in the amber zone and they are under control of clubs.
Also, if these guys watching are inside the ground, how do you make THEM socially distance? That is the flaw in the 'let them in, we'll socially distance, promise gov' idea.
How does it work in England at non league level who have been letting fans into games for over 2 months now without, to the best of my knowledge, any major issues.

I have been to a couple of games down there and it worked very well. Are we incapable of replicating this, why aren't clubs being given the chance?

There are a multitude of inconsistencies, a major one being outdoors in the open air watching a game of fitba whilst you can be indoors at a pub, cafe or restaurant only 1m distanced, or in a gym or swimming pool where changing rooms can be used. In fact Leitch has already said it's safe.

Whitehill Welfare tweeted last week about all the measures they have in place yet cant let anyone in. They hit the nail on the head.

6 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

How does it work in England at non league level who have been letting fans into games for over 2 months now without, to the best of my knowledge, any major issues.

I have been to a couple of games down there and it worked very well. Are we incapable of replicating this, why aren't clubs being given the chance?

There are a multitude of inconsistencies, a major one being outdoors in the open air watching a game of fitba whilst you can be indoors at a pub, cafe or restaurant only 1m distanced, or in a gym or swimming pool where changing rooms can be used. In fact Leitch has already said it's safe.

Whitehill Welfare tweeted last week about all the measures they have in place yet cant let anyone in. They hit the nail on the head.

Are we really going to follow them? As their cases climb and climb?

....the cases are climbing because schools, universities, workplaces, pubs and restaurants are open because we need to save the economy from crashing and continue with children's education. Life can't come to a complete standstill for what could be many years waiting for a vaccine for a virus with an IFR of only 0.2%. You have lost all sense of proportion.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

8 minutes ago, ToffeeTalbot said:

As expected from us today. I wholeheartedly support the committee making the correct choice in safeguarding the future of the club. Far too many questions around this season. 

Proper junior men at the helm making the right decision for the club and the community 

7 minutes ago, ToffeeTalbot said:

As expected from us today. I wholeheartedly support the committee making the correct choice in safeguarding the future of the club. Far too many questions around this season. 

Well done to the Talbot for puting the players, fans and wider community before football. For me it speaks volumes that the biggest club at our level have decided not to play under the current climate.

I don’t think I have seen a single email from any Premier league club objecting to the promotion and relegation issue they all seem quite happy with what is happening . Fair play to Talbot , Kilbirnie and Cumnock with Pollok to probably follow suit and decide on their course of action. 2 years in the premier league with no relegation ? they have won a watch. The conferences have been shafted  or mislead all along and it would appear that some delegates have miss understood what has been getting said at all these zoom call meetings and at Hampden and East Kilbride . What has happened apart from the change in the 4 leagues to a Premier and 3 conferences has been on the cards all along their is no mistake about it. Have been saying it for months and nobody has been taking it in now boom all emails floating about it only was ever going to take 1 team common knowledge to make it non competitive. To quote the saying from a man we all know Conquer and Divide 

For the teams pulling out- will they retain their squads or will players move on to play for a team this season and then potentially move back at the start of next season whenever that is? I can totally understand teams pulling out but what will the knock on impact be to their squads? I would imagine a lot of boys will end up wanting to play if possible regardless of cash in the short term if it’s not available 

Just now, LongTimeLurker said:

Hard to see how contracts have not been broken by doing this, so players are almost certainly free to leave.

Our players are not contracted to be paid until the first competitive match so their contracts have not been broken.

Players, management and committee were all in agreement that it is unsafe to resume playing.

As for any individual players deciding they want to leave - I expect there will be further developments across the WoSFL that will influence that.