16 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

That's fine but we have people like lockthenow completely slamming us who want to get on with it. I haven't even met anyone that's had covid. I worked in a supermarket through this whole time. The 6 stores in the forth valley area havent had 1 positive test. 

If people want to live in fear. If people dont want to play football then dont. It's as simple as that gaz. 

Well I have known one well and that person died.  I have known others that lived through it thankfully.

Your government and media paranoia is dangerous.

Edited by cmontheloknow

That's fine but we have people like lockthenow completely slamming us who want to get on with it. I haven't even met anyone that's had covid. I worked in a supermarket through this whole time. The 6 stores in the forth valley area havent had 1 positive test. 
If people want to live in fear. If people dont want to play football then dont. It's as simple as that gaz. 
Mate, read between the lines. You've never met anyone that has Covid, that great, im happy for you.

We've had 3 in our group, 2 this week, 1 confirmed at 07:30 this morning. Both this week trained Monday and Wednesday.

We left 5 boys out today who had trained with them both nights, plus the one of them that was in the squad.

We had to go to Haddington today with a reduced group of players who had been training with these guys one night only because test and protect hadn't called us yet, it was too soon after the second positive for then to process. We weren't given an option not to travel or play the game.

Test and protect called half way through the game saying they want our whole group to isolate for 14 days.

So, while I'm delighted you haven't seen any positive tests outside of Football, we've had 3 in our group and I've spent more time freaking with that this week then anything else.

My biggest concern today wasnt for the game, or a result, but getting a team in the park to avoid a fine and docked 6 points for not completing a fixture while at the same time limiting the potential impact of passing it on through our players to Haddington.

So you'll excuse me if I point out again, your experience is very different from mine and I'm entitled to both think and say mine has been shite.

Pathetic from you eddie and you lot at Clydebank. 
You are desperate for as many teams as possible to pull out so you have half a chance to get into the lowland league.  Lowlives the lot of you always have been always will be. 
You lot will still find a way to f**k it up so you rubbing your hands in glee will well and truly come back to haunt you. 
Enjoy this west of scotland league because its where you will be for at least the next decade. 

Clydebank don’t have a license, not going to any Lowland League in that case.

Lowlives🤣🤣🤣

10 hours ago, Tutankhamen said:

gogsy, Burnieman and LLL having a good laugh at the Westies i see.

Exacting revenge for all the times I was ridiculed as a kid by people from Lanarkshire and Glasgow for saying things like "ah dinnae ken". 

10 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

Open it all up shangri la lassaiz faire don't live in fear. All crap. The next few months will make Mar-Jun seem like bliss.

The IFR isn't believed to be 2% any more, it's now believed to be about 0.2%. Lots of people wind up dying needlessly if we obsessively focus on COVID-19 at the expense of other things. Missed cancer screenings and treatment appointments etc also have consequences. Dial back the hysteria and try to be rational for a change.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

11 hours ago, Burnieman said:

Who said that? The fact is, by playing we remind Govt of the importance of football, we're not asking for money, we're asking for fans. If Govt won't allow it, then we want a share of the cash being given the English clubs. The sounds are positive as far as that is concerned, but everyone wants fans back even in limited numbers.

If we don't play? Then we're not in the forefront of any Govt ministers mind, no football and no fans. Not great for physical and mental health issues for everyone involved.

The idea that anyone in Government gives a shiny shit about Craigroyston playing Eyemouth is bonkers.

Just now, LongTimeLurker said:

They still agreed to include the EoS and WoS in the definition of professional sport, so it is on their radar. 

Doubtful. they would have been lobbied by someone to include them without actually knowing what the leagues are. Something along the lines of, "If you say 'professional' teams then that will include only these leagues". 

In answer to Burnieman saying by playing then the lower leagues are kept in the mind of government, then what are the league committees for? They're the representatives of the league who should be keeping it to the forefront, not the players going home in their cars sitting on an Asda bag. 

However, it all adds up to a hill of beans when players keep contracting the virus and matches get put off every Friday night.

34 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

A few pages back there is an email from Ian Maxwell sent out to Lowland Development League clubs in which he emphasises to the LL how difficult it was to get the SG to accept that all the tiers listed were really professional.

Exactly. So they were lobbied. It wasn't on the govt's radar then

I am pulling this out of nowhere but let's say the SFA manage to convince the SG to allow fans to return at a low level.

What would the odds be on them allowing it at clubs who have an Entry licence first? It would seem a good way to limit numbers and also to have it happen at clubs who have put in place various protocols to even get that far in terms of meeting set standards.

EoS clubs a plenty might benefit there - but not too many WoS.

But I really can't see it - the fools in England have opened up way too much and look what's happened. Jonathan Van Tam writes today that:

image.png.76f6efda16a3f24b669040905c0642cf.png

We have been way more cautious than them up here.

44 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Exactly. So they were lobbied. It wasn't on the govt's radar then

....but it very much is now that football is in the cross-hairs for extra detailed regulations.

The thing people need to try to grasp in all of this is that the initial fears that COVID-19 was like the bubonic plague on mortality rates proved to be unfounded. It's now in unusually bad flu year sort of territory with an average age > 80 for people that die. Even then usually with severe co-morbities rather than of COVID-19 alone. That means we definitely need to shield the elderly and the vulnerable very carefully at the moment, but we shouldn't be freaking out so much over asymptomatic cases amongst the younger generations.

The decision was to open up schools, universities, workplaces, pubs, restaurants etc so that was inevitably going to happen, and is all part of an unstated strategy of not waiting for a vaccine and achieving herd immunity naturally instead because the economic cost of doing otherwise is way too drastic over something that ultimately turned out to be not much worse than the flu. If you are worried about the "second wave" so much those should be your targets rather than something relatively inconsequential in transmission terms like football done outdoors in a low risk sort of way. Making a mountain out of a molehill comes to mind as an analogy.

If you do decide to generate mass hysteria over COVID-19 remember that an obsessive focus on testing for it can stop Wee Senga from getting her breast cancer screening and that could mean a young family with no mother to look after them down the road. It is arrogrant in the extreme of people to think they have a monopoly on caring for other people's welfare where this issue is concerned when they are not getting a grip on their hysteria for long enough to think rationally about all the unintended consequences like that of treating COVID-19 more seriously than it really merits.

Just now, LongTimeLurker said:

....but it very much is now that football is in the cross-hairs for extra detailed regulations.

The thing people need to try to grasp in all of this is that the initial fears that COVID-19 was like the bubonic plague on mortality rates proved to be unfounded. It's now in unusually bad flu year sort of territory with an average age > 80 for people that die. Even then usually with severe co-morbities rather than of COVID-19 alone. That means we definitely need to shield the elderly and the vulnerable very carefully at the moment, but we shouldn't be freaking out so much over asymptomatic cases amongst the younger generations.

The decision was to open up schools, universities, workplaces, pubs, restaurants etc so that was inevitably going to happen, and is all part of an unstated strategy of not waiting for a vaccine and achieving herd immunity naturally instead because the economic cost of doing otherwise is way too drastic over something that ultimately turned out to be not much worse than the flu. If you are worried about the "second wave" so much those should be your targets rather than something relatively inconsequential in transmission terms like football done outdoors in a low risk sort of way. Making a mountain out of a molehill comes to mind as an analogy.

If you do decide to generate mass hysteria over COVID-19 remember that an obsessive focus on testing for it can stop Wee Senga from getting her breast cancer screening and that could mean a young family with no mother to look after them down the road. It is arrogrant in the extreme of people to think they have a monopoly on caring for other people's welfare where this issue is concerned when they are not getting a grip on their hysteria for long enough to think rationally about all the unintended consequences like that of treating COVID-19 more seriously than it really merits.

picard too long didnt read GIF

12 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

What arrangements have Camelon made?

15 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

JFC. It is not “an usually bad flu”. It is nowhere remotely near that. It kills 10-20 x more than the flu.

DESPITE lockdown the excess deaths is massively higher than any previous year. Remember, DESPITE closing down most of the economy.

Just imagine the impact of your “bad flu” would be if circumstances were otherwise normal?

It is not a trivial disease. The flu does not run rampant through care homes. It does not kill 30-year olds with diabetes, and it does not create debilitating chronic illness.

Sure, debate what measures are appropriate, necessary, or proportionate, but you’re in Daily Mail Twitter territory with your fictional account of its seriousness here.

20 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

... Just imagine the impact of your “bad flu” would be if circumstances were otherwise normal? ...

Back in 1918, one of my grandfathers lost both his grandfathers in the space of a week or so to the Spanish flu. There has been a flu pandemic in relatively recent times historically that was much worse on mortality than COVID-19 has been.

Edited by LongTimeLurker