7 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Well they did noone is forcing anyone to take to the pitch. The eosfl is clearly the only one who are willing to stand up to fear

Open it all up shangri la lassaiz faire don't live in fear. All crap. The next few months will make Mar-Jun seem like bliss.

Yeah I think 4-6 weeks to see how things go is a fair enough way forward, if we have a clear break point and clear options at the end of that. I said that to our committee when we had the conversation.

But I think everyone will have different opinions on how things are going, based on their experiences of it so far.

This last few weeks hasn't been positive for us and, for me personally, in the thick of it, easily the worst I've had in this role to the point I didn't care about the game today by the time we got there, because there was so much else going on around it making it a circus.

I'll not go into detail, but if this week is the sign of things to come just to be able to put 11 players on a park to fulfil a fixture, the things I we're having to ask of people, tests, positive results, dealing with track and trace, I don't think it's sustainable.

I got booked today as a player for the first time in over 10 years. It was about the only thing I smiled at all day as I'm always on at the boys about silly bookings for dissent when I was terrible for it as a player, first time on the teamlines in over a decade, nothing changes! [emoji1787]

But given how things have progressed through the day today, we now expect to be out of the game for the next 14 days, based on initial feedback to be confirmed tomorrow.

I know not everyone will have had the same experiences, but I know from speaking to others who's opinions I value in similar positions that I'm certainly not alone in thinking our jobs are becoming almost impossible and certainly not something that we (I) get the enjoyment from that I did 7 months ago.

I'm obviously happy that lots of people are excited to see the football back and I understand that, I thought I would be too. But from speaking to lots of people in the game on the ground I feel like there are plenty of people who it's doing nothing at the minute but making them miserable.

And those people don't really have much of a voice, as soon as any legitimate questions or concerns are raised they're jumped in for being negative/soft/whatever because theirs is a very different experience of Return to Football under Covid than others.

I think it's safe to say that given the madness around us, not everyone is having the same experience, that's for sure.

To the WoS league's eternal credit, they have at least catered for the people who it isn't all positive for with an option. As have the LL and I believe the HL. I think the only "Professional" league that hasn't is the EoS, which was my initial answer.

Why are all teams in the East happy to continue? The answer, realistically, is because they have no choice. "Happy" is a relative term. [emoji1787]
Interesting reading and there are always concerns given the current situation. There's no guarantees on anything, everyone has their own opinion on how to move forward.

From what I can work out, the WoS have created a situation where no team has any incentive to play. Premier because they are guaranteed to retain their place next season, and Conference because they cant get promoted. No licences so no LL play-off either. I'll be surprised if it even starts, an astonishing situation to be in.

I think the EoS have dealt with this well under the circumstances. It was the correct decision to start IMO and as you say, a review after 4-6 rounds should be undertaken to see where we are and take stock to see if things are working and if fans/money are on the horizon, and also review the changing room situation, in addition to Covid situation.

I very much doubt there wont be bumps in the road or stoppages for some teams or even for the whole league, but we've got to give it a go IMO. The longer you leave it, the harder it is to get going in the first place.

5 minutes ago, ToffeeTalbot said:

Yes, all clubs withdrawing can enter at same level

At who’s expense then? What about promotion/relegation? Haven’t really followed the WOSFL set-up since it was implemented so I might be misunderstanding something.

Edited by 8MileBU

Just now, Kenny*******Powers said:

Yes, all clubs were told they could pull out without being penalised 

Penalized can mean many different things.

For example, any tema that pulls out have to pay a fine and then to renter they have to pay a bond
Have they been told officially that if they pull out they can enter back into the tier they left, (I've not seen anything to the contrary) 

1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:

What use is a community club that the community can't watch?

It's clearly not ideal.

However, its not like everyone goes to every game in a normal season so its not exactly an unknown feeling is it? Away games, being stuck at work or other obligations on the day. People still engage with their club throughout a season.

Well they did noone is forcing anyone to take to the pitch. The eosfl is clearly the only one who are willing to stand up to fear
Case and point. f**k all to do with fear.

You can level insults at much as you like and I'm not going to go into detail about this past week in particular trying to just fulfill a fixture, but I'm afraid i'm perfectly entitled to say, as someone on the ground, it has been shite, unenjoyable and if that's the way it's going to be going forward then it's unsustainable, for some.

Just as entitled as those who havn't been through the same or just wants to watch a live stream saying "it's great to be back".

I understand there are people who are happy, that's great. Would be nice if those folks would understand that not everyone is having the same experience and think, frankly, it's shite. That's not being negative for no reason, that's a reflection of our relative and differing experiences in actually being in the trenches.

11 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Penalized can mean many different things.

For example, any tema that pulls out have to pay a fine and then to renter they have to pay a bond
Have they been told officially that if they pull out they can enter back into the tier they left, (I've not seen anything to the contrary) 

image.thumb.png.66e899f5feafdc2499490f6d2cf87e83.png

5 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Case and point. f**k all to do with fear.

You can level insults at much as you like and I'm not going to go into detail about this past week in particular trying to just fulfill a fixture, but I'm afraid i'm perfectly entitled to say, as someone on the ground, it has been shite, unenjoyable and if that's the way it's going to be going forward then it's unsustainable, for some.

Just as entitled as those who havn't been through the same or just wants to watch a live stream saying "it's great to be back".

I understand there are people who are happy, that's great. Would be nice if those folks would understand that not everyone is having the same experience and think, frankly, it's shite. That's not being negative for no reason, that's a reflection of our relative and differing experiences in actually being in the trenches.

That's fine but we have people like lockthenow completely slamming us who want to get on with it. I haven't even met anyone that's had covid. I worked in a supermarket through this whole time. The 6 stores in the forth valley area havent had 1 positive test. 

If people want to live in fear. If people dont want to play football then dont. It's as simple as that gaz. 

8 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I read  that earlier and understood it.

Id rather see the official statement from the WOSFL before i take it as truth 

There's been plenty of clubs since the meeting that have referenced the lack of promotion and relegation between the WoS Premier and Conferences. You've even got Gartcairn threatening legal action over it. I doubt they've all gotten it wrong.

Edited by FairWeatherFan