8 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Put the Highland League leadership in charge of a membership of 67 clubs without the same travel concerns and I wonder how they would of handled things? 🤔

I feel they would have made a sensible decision and delayed until they can safely get fans into the grounds. Legal threats and bullying is the only reason this league has started now with some huge teams now pulling out. 

18 minutes ago, not man of the match said:

I’m led to believe that our players want to play and will take what they get until such time as when they can get what they are due. I think it’s strange that the West seem to be holding back while the other regions are happy to get going.

Each to their own.

Protecting the club's future is more important than playing right now. Maybe the lesser impact of covid through east?

Pollok lost a great man to it. My daughter is currently self isolating aged 2. It feels pretty real to me.

Here's a thought, smaller in the scheme of things but still an important issue.
If the 14 clubs who pull out for this season, does this mean that if they run a development team that the parent development team will have to pull out of the development league.

Heard that the dev league was supposed to start on the 6th of November but unsure

7 minutes ago, ToffeeTalbot said:

I feel they would have made a sensible decision and delayed until they can safely get fans into the grounds. Legal threats and bullying is the only reason this league has started now with some huge teams now pulling out. 

Could have sworn the WoSFL decision went to a membership vote.

EDIT: Just to say some of the WoS Premier divisions pulling out probably makes things easier for those that have pushed for the league to start. Likely lowers the number of games needed to be played and could make the pathway to the title easier if some of the favourites like Talbot and Pollok do withdraw for the year.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

4 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Here's a thought, smaller in the scheme of things but still an important issue.
If the 14 clubs who pull out for this season, does this mean that if they run a development team that the parent development team will have to pull out of the development league.

Heard that the dev league was supposed to start on the 6th of November but unsure

Whitletts have said in their statement that they have also pulled out the development league

1 minute ago, Burmah Oil said:

Shotts, Kilbirnie, Nock, Talbot, Pollock:- all the teams who were dead against leaving the juniors?

Lot of teams will lose lot of there players if shut down for year?

Dumb to have no promotion. Can they not put four up. East of Scotland League had twenty four teams in Division one last year. All the teams seemed to like it. Thirty four games not as long as thirty eight and all.

Pollok were not EVER "dead against" leavingthe Juniors.

10 minutes ago, ToffeeTalbot said:

Who made legal threats. Is there anywhere this can be proved?

1 minute ago, Burmah Oil said:

Shotts, Kilbirnie, Nock, Talbot, Pollock:- all the teams who were dead against leaving the juniors? ...

Whittlets don't fit that trend and not sure Cumnock do either given the timing of their licensing application. The no promotion thing is as yet uncomfirmed. 

Away for a wee while and return to find the West of Scotland League appears to have lost it's head, no promotion or relegation, clubs withdrawing. WTF is going on.

I notice some are talking about no changing rooms being a factor, we used ours today as authorised by the league.  Takes a bit of planning, but it's not a blanket ban.

Someone needs to get a grip.