2 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Nothing there to suggest cases are currently doubling every day as sweep claims is there'?

if we are playing pick a graph heres one

https://www.travellingtabby.com/scotland-coronavirus-tracker/

Go to daily positive cases by council area. 

bookmark my link and keep an eye on it over the next wee while. I will stick to official data when available.

Cases aren't doubling every day, but they are doubling every 7-10 days (J Leitch, yesterday).

3 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

bookmark my link and keep an eye on it over the next wee while. I will stick to official data when available.

Cases aren't doubling every day, but they are doubling every 7-10 days (J Leitch, yesterday).

I stand corrected. So that means it is safe to start playing football?

7 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Has anybody caught coronavirus from playing football?

Whether people catch covid from playing football is immaterial. The amateur game goes on. What is being discussed here is the sense of PAID players playing without any income (and officials need paying too on top of that).

That said, it is a gathering of 50+ workplaces (two squads, two management teams, two sets of committee members, however limited, maybe 3 match officials). It is a chance for the virus to spread (without supervision). People are not following protocols. I saw players last weekend breaking social distancing guidelines. I watched people hanging over the wall during Musselburgh v LTHV last night.

My avatar is John Bishop playing for Southport in 1990. Today's opponents have cancelled because of Covid in the team. It's the latest example of many down there. We have had various matches off up here and that will continue. Disruption, chaos, mayhem, stress - for what?

Edited by cmontheloknow

2 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Whether people catch covid from playing football is immaterial. The amateur game goes on. What is being discussed here is the sense of PAID players playing without any income (and officials need paying too on top of that).

That said, it is a gathering of 60+ workplaces (two squads, two management teams, two sets of committee members, however limited, maybe 3 officials). It is a chance for the virus to spread. People are not following protocols. I saw players last weekend breaking social distancing guidelines. I watched people hanging over the wall during Musselburgh v LTHV last night.

My avatar is John Bishop playing for Southport in 1990. Today's opponents have cancelled because of Covid in the team. It's the latest example of many down there. We have had various matches off up here and that will continue. Disruption, chaos, mayhem, stress - for what?

You are 100% correct. It is beyond my comprehension why anybody would put sport before the health of the nation

1 hour ago, qwerty said:

What about the fans? Obviously the clubs that voted to start without the fans don't give a fk about their fans, 

Rubbish. The clubs have two options at the moment - start without fans, or don't start at all.

The fans are not affected either way.

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

Where are they doubling everyday?

In Darvel which is a small village we have now got an outbreak which started on Wednesday and is growing daily and is now between 15-20 people, a lot of these guys would be following the team home and away, some are showing no symptoms.

I cant see any club being penalized for a season out from the league this season from fans.

Questions though;
What happens to the players who are signed, are they still retained as I suppose its a year contract or would those clubs be duty bound to release them as players didn't sign p to it.

The clubs that withdraw for this season, I take it they will go into the fourth division of the WOSFL if there is promotion and relegation through this season and if there is no relegation, promotion, will it go back to another 3 conferences.  (suppose both questions can be hypothetical as it depends on the government suspend football again at a later stage

Has the SFA or the individual associations made anything public about coming with a  plan for all grounds to allow fans in or a certain number of fans

Personally

I believe there will be an outright winner of the tier 6 division but I cant see there being promotion, relegation from the other divisions, a quagmire to try and work out.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

CLUB STATEMENT
It is with regret that the Committee of Whitletts Victoria FC have decided that the Club should not participate in the inaugural season of the West of Scotland Football League (WoSFL) due to the uncertainty as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic.
The WoSFL asked all member clubs whether or not they wished to participate in the league in the season ahead given the uncertainty surrounding supporters, finance, facilities and the pandemic and after giving the matter serious consideration the Club Committee have decided that to participate in the league would severely jeopardise the Club and that it was in the best interests of the Club to withdraw from the league for the 2020/21 season.
Club Secretary John Dalton said “Society let alone football has not known circumstances like the present for decades and this has badly affected the game.”
“Last season was cut short and the start to this season delayed to 24th October because of the pandemic.”
“We have no idea as to how the Coronavirus pandemic is going to interfere with the fixture list. A number of clubs, including Whitletts, have had to postponed pre-season matches and cancel training sessions as a result of Coronavirus and the figures are on the rise again and in the opinion of the Committee, will result in fixtures being postponed throughout the season.”
“The outcome of the ballot of member clubs has meant that there will be no promotion this season from the conferences to the WoSFL Premier League. Despite having all the advised procedures in place we’ve already had players who have had to self-isolate through no fault their own. In these circumstances, as a club we can not ask players to play potentially with the possibility of missing out on work and income.”
“Players are being asked to travel to matches in their own cars, dressed in their strip and return home after the match wearing a wet, sweaty, dirty strip without having been able to have a shower and with no access to a dressing room. It’s not right and the Club has a duty of care to our players and coaching staff.”
“Then there is the key factor that no supporters are allowed into the grounds to watch games. The game without fans is nothing and having no fans in the ground greatly affects the income of the Club in terms of gate receipts, half time draw tickets, café and bar sales and sponsorship but we still have the expenditure necessary to train and play games.”
“The income generated from having fans at matches is vital to the Club and whilst there may be discussions between the Scottish Government and the UK Government regarding compensation for Clubs at our level, there doesn’t appear to be any immediate prospect of the offer of a financial package. As a Club we have investigated a variety of ways to access Government grants and loans during this pandemic to no avail and as a result of all these factors, have taken the decision that to compete this season would put the Clubs’ financial future at risk.”
“As a result of this decision, we will also be withdrawing our development squad from the Lowland Development League this season.”
“I feel for the players and the management and coaching staff who have worked so hard to prepare for the current season and while I know they will be deeply disappointed by this decision, I thank them for their understanding.”
“This decision was not taken lightly and it is a deeply disappointing day in the history of Whitletts Victoria FC. However our absence from the game is only temporary and we will return to compete in the WoSFL Conferences in 21/22 season.” [/quote[

I cant see any club being penalized for a season out from the league this season from fans.
Questions though;
What happens to the players who are signed, are they still retained as I suppose its a year contract or would those clubs be duty bound to release them as players didn't sign p to it.
The clubs that withdraw for this season, I take it they will go into the fourth division of the WOSFL if there is promotion and relegation through this season and if there is no relegation, promotion, will it go back to another 3 conferences.  (suppose both questions can be hypothetical as it depends on the government suspend football again at a later stage
Has the SFA or the individual associations made anything public about coming with a  plan for all grounds to allow fans in or a certain number of fans

Personally
I believe there will be an outright winner of the tier 6 division but I cant see there being promotion, relegation from the other divisions, a quagmire to try and work out.

I know I am going to go against my own advice here and talk about the juniors....but when a club went into abeyance the players were all released from their contract so would guess it would be a similar situation.

My two sense in all this is that if clubs are happy to start and not putting themselves at risk financially and follow all the protocols to limit the risk of transmission then they should start but as I said yesterday clubs shouldn’t take a risk with their history. Fans won’t forgive committees who throw away their clubs futures. Also I think if clubs start they shouldn’t be allowed to opt out in December as it makes a mockery of the league. If you start your don’t stop until either it finishes or the government shuts it down. If you are starting in the hope fans are back by December then you shouldn’t start. The comments from Bonnyrigg are strange if you are that worried about it why start and risk financial ruin. I don’t get that.

Regarding the players - they have signed a contract with a certain amount to be paid each week. If they are now going to have a gentleman's agreement to play for expenses only, if at some point they fall out with the manager for not getting a game surely they can walk and go to a club (probably nearer home) that will give them a game. Simply claim the club are in breach of the signed contract and walk.

11 minutes ago, Burmah Oil said:

... You could put any Premier teams that sit out in to Division 1 next season and any conference teams in to Division 4. Can teams switch back before tomorrow?

On the last bit, obviously yes. That's the whole point of having a Sunday 5 pm deadline.

On the first bit, if you do that there is a penalty to sitting out. More likely premier and conferences stay and there is no relegation. Not so clear why some people think there can be no promotion.