11 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

yet the traffic light system leaked today suggests a ban incoming on non professional sport.

The Guardian

^^^read the article and it becomes clear that this is only at the most serious alert level which may never be activated. People who know the score have long since realised that Boris is going for herd immunity by stealth (ideally before Christmas) and these sorts of measures are just window dressing to obscure that from the plebs.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

^^^read the article and it becomes clear that this is only at the most serious alert level which may never be activated. People who know the score have long since realised that Boris is going for herd immunity by stealth (ideally before Christmas) and these sorts of measures are just window dressing to obscure that from the plebs.

Think they are needing a good feed 😂

Went to Lebeq v Oldland on Saturday, the host club built around the black community and pub in Bristol, with a fantastic history. Attendance only 50+ but no names written down, or hand sanitizer on entry, reliant on people's phones to scan the barcode thing ! Just a few masks in sight, think people believe it's carry on as normal. Not sure if the restrictions in the NE and NW are based on football evidence.

There is no realistic way that football at our grade can return behind closed doors. Financially non viable for all the ‘bigger’ teams.

Judging by the direction of travel of Covid cases, it’s also increasingly unlikely that the Scottish Government is going to green light a return of spectators.

I’d love to see Talbot play. Haven’t been at a match since our away win at Clydebank, and suffering severe withdrawal symptoms. Yet the realist/pessimist in me just can’t see the season starting any time soon, if at all

32 minutes ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

Does anyone know if the clubs in  South East and LL are paying their players thief full contracts.

Must be some sugar daddies around if they are, see half of you next July.

South is largely amateur. So its little different than all the other amateur leagues looking to start.

Everyone in the Lowland League and 20 clubs in the EoSFL are members of the SFA. They're due at least the £5k from likely missing out on the Scottish Cup and typically get the annual payout for SFA membership. At the lowest end of the WoSFL and EoSFL you also have clubs that are basically ran as amateurs. Plus you've got a couple of university sides in the EoSFL & LL.

I think there's just a majority that can get by hoping things will open up. It's not likely to be one thing for everyone like a sugar daddy. There's likely a mix of sponsorships, committee contributions, fans finding ways to continue support clubs, and possible negotiations on payments to the playing/coaching staff that will be looked at to help tide them over.

27 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Question can be turned around why does it  seem the WOS clubs seem to be more scared of starting the season than the EOS/SOS/Lowland league teams?

Because the committees are not prepared to play Russian Roulette with the future if their clubs.

I really can't get this let's get started without fans and just go til the money runs out, them what?

So what ur saying is talbot is a amateur team lol thats the best yet

South is largely amateur. So its little different than all the other amateur leagues looking to start.
Everyone in the Lowland League and 20 clubs in the EoSFL are members of the SFA. They're due at least the £5k from likely missing out on the Scottish Cup and typically get the annual payout for SFA membership. At the lowest end of the WoSFL and EoSFL you also have clubs that are basically ran as amateurs. Plus you've got a couple of university sides in the EoSFL & LL.
I think there's just a majority that can get by hoping things will open up. It's not likely to be one thing for everyone like a sugar daddy. There's likely a mix of sponsorships, committee contributions, fans finding ways to continue support clubs, and possible negotiations on payments to the playing/coaching staff that will be looked at to help tide them over.

I still haven't had anybody come up with a good suggestion as to what the point of playing with no fans would be, that's before you look at the financial implications of no matchday income for an unspecified period of time.

I did make a suggestion to one of our top table that we should look to start the leagues in February/March, and play right through until April/May 2022. That would give enough time to fit in the full league campaigns as originally planned for all 4 divisions/conferences, and fit in cup ties.

Edited by peasy23

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

I still haven't had anybody come up with a good suggestion as to what the point of playing with no fans would be, that's before you look at the financial implications of no matchday income for an unspecified period of time.

I did make a su higgestion to one of our top table that we should look to start the leagues in February/March, and play right through until April/May 2022. That would give enough time to fit in the full league campaigns as originally planned for all 4 divisions/conferences, and fit in cup ties.

Finally somebody that can smell the coffee.

Maybe that's what the pause option means??

Could be comedy Central this week with a vote to start with no fans and  then incomes a two week travel ban

Edited by The Ilford Drummer

11 hours ago, gogsy said:

Don't see how, I think the three teams I named are probably reflective of the majority of clubs in EOS/SOS and Lowland league.

(pretty sure reflective isn't the word I'm looking for but it ps late and i can't be bothered changing it)

And what of the clubs that are not ran along amateur lines? Just f*ck 'em?

11 hours ago, gogsy said:

Question can be turned around why does it  seem the WOS clubs seem to be more scared of starting the season than the EOS/SOS/Lowland league teams?

Starting without any promise (or likelihood) of additional funds seems reckless to me.

Fans are not returning any time soon - Jason Leitch has not even talked about the lower SPFL sides getting their crowds back, let alone us.

Edited by cmontheloknow

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:

I did make a suggestion to one of our top table that we should look to start the leagues in February/March, and play right through until April/May 2022. That would give enough time to fit in the full league campaigns as originally planned for all 4 divisions/conferences, and fit in cup ties.

The virus will still be here in February/March. It will also still be here in 2022.

It's time to adapt or die. It really is that simple for the semi pro game.

More pressure needs applied to the government around letting crowds back in at that level. They love to quote ''the science'' when it suits their agenda. How many outbreaks have happened in an outdoor environment were social distance measures have been in place?

Edited by Crazy Feet

The virus will still be here in February/March. It will also still be here in 2022.
It's time to adapt or die. It really is that simple for the semi pro game.
More pressure needs applied to the government around letting crowds back in at that level. They love to quote ''the science'' when it suits their agenda. How many outbreaks have happened in an outdoor environment were social distance measures have been in place?

Do you really think that pressure right now is going to work when there is talk about further restrictions?

Ireland just banned all spectators and all sport that is not at elite level. Nicola Sturgeon is always quoting what is happening in Ireland as examples for Scotland so it wouldn’t surprise me to see similar happening here.

26 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Do you really think that pressure right now is going to work when there is talk about further restrictions?

Ireland just banned all spectators and all sport that is not at elite level. Nicola Sturgeon is always quoting what is happening in Ireland as examples for Scotland so it wouldn’t surprise me to see similar happening here.

It's basically proven that transmission of the disease is extremely difficult in an outdoor environment. Countries all over Europe have had spectators at ourdoor sporting events, didn't Dortmund have 12k in their stadium just last weekend? 

Look at the hundreds of thousands of people who protested during the height of the pandemic for the BLM Movement as well. There was no increase in positive cases due to this.

The Scottish Football Authorities believe it's politically driven rather than scientific driven (the decision not to let football fans in).

Let us see the science / data that backs up that it is unsafe to let small crowds in to watch sport in a safe, outdoor environment. 

Edited by Crazy Feet

It's basically proven that transmission of the disease is extremely difficult in an outdoor environment. Countries all over Europe have had spectators at ourdoor sporting events, didn't Dortmund have 12k in their stadium just last weekend? 
Look at the hundreds of thousands of people who protested during the height of the pandemic for the BLM Movement as well. There was no increase in positive cases due to this.
The Scottish Football Authorities believe it's politically driven rather than scientific driven (the decision not to let football fans in).
Let us see the science / data that backs up that it is unsafe to let small crowds in to watch sport in a safe, outdoor environment. 

The science is sketchy to say the least. The virus is not even a year old yet.

The CDC in America have stated that they now believe droplets hang longer in the air than thought before and are saying exercise can exacerbate this. They have caveated that there is higher risk indoor settings such as gym rather than outdoors but my point is that the science is constantly changing and it is one scientist opinion against another’s. Someone is going to be right and someone is going to be wrong.

How did so many Kilmarnock players catch the virus if they are only outdoors? We don’t know currently but maybe it relates to the exercise point above.

Personally I think there is too much of an abundance of caution from the SG and I believe that they should publish all the evidence (it’s not all science related it is actually more public health advice that they are taking) to say why we should have further restrictions. There needs to be a grown up, adult discussion with the public as to why changes are coming and not just saying the numbers are going up so we need more restrictions, all that does is sow anger, division and anxiety amongst the population.