28 minutes ago, TheLad said:
On 27/09/2020 at 12:57, lithgierose said:
Committees are allowed though. Don't know numbers permitted at games. Might be a cap on that. 

I know committees are allowed. My point was there was about 40 folk there. Some size of committee?

They may be "allowed"(?), but they're still ubject to the rule of six and social distancing.

Re changing rooms, the FA have said that it's 6 in one go, then next 6 etc. Looking at non league photos it seems as though masks are not required and there's very limited distancing. Just go to the game, wear a mask and stand 2m apart, if wearing masks was mandatory then loads of people wouldn't bother - claiming freedom or some other crap. Always hoped fans could be sensible, having my doubts now. Some really good fans in England and Scotland,a shame for them.

Re changing rooms, the FA have said that it's 6 in one go, then next 6 etc. Looking at non league photos it seems as though masks are not required and there's very limited distancing. Just go to the game, wear a mask and stand 2m apart, if wearing masks was mandatory then loads of people wouldn't bother - claiming freedom or some other crap. Always hoped fans could be sensible, having my doubts now. Some really good fans in England and Scotland,a shame for them.

Watched the sky sports piece on Hendon and they said they are allowed 11 in at one time plus their manager. Their dressing room was smaller than many I’ve seen in the west region there was barely half a metre between the players and no masks. They did do other mitigation’s such as QR codes and wearing masks into the ground but these things won’t do much if 11 people are cramped into the changing rooms without anything.

Did the FA do any checks before allowing games to proceed?

22 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Watched the sky sports piece on Hendon and they said they are allowed 11 in at one time plus their manager. Their dressing room was smaller than many I’ve seen in the west region there was barely half a metre between the players and no masks. They did do other mitigation’s such as QR codes and wearing masks into the ground but these things won’t do much if 11 people are cramped into the changing rooms without anything.

Did the FA do any checks before allowing games to proceed?

Know that all clubs did risk assessments prior to starting, but letting in all the 11 players at once,how stupid. Think clubs in England are just getting on with playing -gambling that there won't be a surge in cases to stop football again. The majority of fans I've seen pictured, arent wearing masks or distancing. Be easier if it was mandatory to wear one.

Know that all clubs did risk assessments prior to starting, but letting in all the 11 players at once,how stupid. Think clubs in England are just getting on with playing -gambling that there won't be a surge in cases to stop football again. The majority of fans I've seen pictured, arent wearing masks or distancing. Be easier if it was mandatory to wear one.

Thanks for that. Couldn’t believe they were that brazen about it. Personally don’t think masks outside are a huge issue it’s the maintaining social distancing of 1 metre which didn’t seem to be happening at the game.

Was just listening to the secretary of the highland league on Clyde 1 and his comments were unsurprising in that they won’t start without fans. They think they will have to make a decision by the middle of the November. But he did say something about some trials or tests that they will announce in the next 36 hours so will be interesting to see what they are saying. The other interesting thing for me would be it what if the lowland league starts and the highland league didn’t would there be promotion or could the highland league still nominate someone (maybe Brora after they missed out last season).

4 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

The other interesting thing for me would be it what if the lowland league starts and the highland league didn’t would there be promotion or could the highland league still nominate someone (maybe Brora after they missed out last season).

(f)In the event that one of the Champion Clubs in the SHFL or the SLFL fails to comply with the Membership Criteria in circumstances where it is required to do so as the Candidate Club in terms of the SPFL Rules, and the SPFL Board has not granted any waiver, relaxation or period of grace in respect of that club’s requirement to comply with the Membership Criteria, there will be no Play-Off Match in terms of rule III(a) and, the other Champion Club will automatically go forward to the Pyramid Play-Off Match in terms of rule III(b).

If the Lowland League completes a season and the Highland League doesn't, then the LL Champion should go straight to the playoff final against Club 42.

(f)In the event that one of the Champion Clubs in the SHFL or the SLFL fails to comply with the Membership Criteria in circumstances where it is required to do so as the Candidate Club in terms of the SPFL Rules, and the SPFL Board has not granted any waiver, relaxation or period of grace in respect of that club’s requirement to comply with the Membership Criteria, there will be no Play-Off Match in terms of rule III(a) and, the other Champion Club will automatically go forward to the Pyramid Play-Off Match in terms of rule III(b).

If the Lowland League completes a season and the Highland League doesn't, then the LL Champion should go straight to the playoff final against Club 42.

Thanks. It was sheer laziness on my part to not go looking for it!

Edited to add: that seems to link to membership criteria not who a league can put forward (unless I am reading it wrong) and it would seem to me that the HL could still put forward a team if they choose to (as could the LL if they don’t play).

I asked that on the HL forum, say the LL champions win the title easily, while the HL doesn't finish,  how would that affect play offs ? Also the SOS restart, are fans part  of the decision ? Any news on whether the West and EOS are definitely going to have a go starting ?

SoS are starting without fans but, and maybe I am wrong here, I wouldn’t have thought the finance from gates would have that much of an impact on them. I know someone who played at that level and he ended up moving to the bottom tier of the west region and received more money there than he did for playing in the SoS.

No news on what is happening with either the east or the west but unless players and match officials are playing for free I just don’t see how it starts. I know how much it can cost to run a team and there is no way most if not all clubs could afford it.

Listened  to The Highland League Secretary on  Radio Clyde tonight and I think he is spot on. With the cases still currently rising there is no way we will be starting anytime soon with another 2 week semi lockdown about too be announced also. At least they gave there selves a fighting chance with their league voting for less games if they go ahead. We voted for more 20 team league ? Nonsense. Time to just get a vote done and call it instead of hanging on with the polishing cloth and crystal ball hoping something is gonna change. Save our clubs that don’t have sugar daddies and are having to fork out weekly sums to play meaningless friendlies in the hope that there is a change . The life belt has already been cast adrift and is floating away already. Not letting fans in is just a red herring , no changing facilities is here for a while, with the worst weather  months of the year still  to come. Nobody will blame you for trying but it just ain’t going to happen. 

9 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Not if there's a qualifying SOS champion.

Informative post from Larkhall Thistle on Facebook today:

Thought it was time we posted an update on the current situation at the club.
Clubs were given permission supposedly after they had submitted the proper paperwork to say that they met all the required protocols and guidelines to start training.
Lets just say as newspaper photos have proved many clubs didn't or couldn't meet the criteria but started training in all sorts of places. We have been training for roughly 8 -9 weeks and apart from the last two weeks when the light faded the players have used Gasworks Park where we as a club could control everything in a secure environment. The down side is that the park has suffered real damage and this coupled to a disease called red thread which resulted in many bare patches on the grass . We took advice and have treated the pitch accordingly which was not cheap. All this has resulted in a lot of extra work for Malcolm and Davy who look after the ground and the surrounds and I as someone who prior to his illness knew how time consuming and sometimes exasperating it could be.
Again after doing a risk assessment which was accepted by the authorities we were then give permission to play friendlies at Gasworks Park . To date we have played two drawing one and winning one. We have now moved to our normal venue for training in the dark nights Dalzell and have played two friendlies there losing both. As we were classed as the home team because we booked the referee we also had to supply a risk assessment for Dalzell.
We have had a variety of possible indicative start dates and information and we have just received the latest details of a survey all clubs were asked to complete and the answers are below.
First thing to note of the 67 clubs in the set up only 55 replied - unbelievable.
Question about the start date 49.1% for October 10th. same for October 31st.
FANS- would your club support return without fans YES 29.1% NO 70.9 %.
IF we do start how long could your club continue without this associated income
9.1 % could last the season 70.5 % could only last 4 weeks. Can't understand why any club would not answer this question.
CHANGING FACILITIES - if these became allowable would your facilities meet the 2 metre social distancing. 52.7 % YES 47.3 % NO
We answered no to this question as you have a minimum of 18 players plus coaching staff in the dressing room and ours doesn't measure up nor does the shower area.
Do you have access to supplementary facilities like a leisure centre or school.
Yes 36.4 % NO 63.6%.
PLAYERS - Are your players willing to return home from a game without showers or changing facilities YES 47.27% NO 50.91% mixed response from played within club 1.82%. Remember folks players arrive at ground ready to play and whilst some clubs like ourselves would be able to use the enclosure to house both teams and the officials socially distanced if it is raining this is not the case for every club . Our players to a man have indicated they would be willing to play under these restrictions.
Still an awful lot of work and planning needed by all clubs and the league who have now said earliest start date would be 24th. October to allow time for the SFA/Scottish Government to have discussions on a possible financial package .
Be interesting to see what develops if anything.
As far as our own direct financial situation is at the moment we as a club have lost all our income streams. Our last home gate income was on the 12th. February and our other two main income sources the Accumulator and other fundraising weekly events stopped when lockdown set in and as they are mainly football related with the total number of games played over a weekend being a crucial part of how they operate this gives us a problem as regards start up.
We have also lost income from special nights and private bookings in the clubhouse lounge. Unfortunately unlike some clubs as we own the ground so although we have no games to gain income there are fixed costs such as insurance , water rates, electricity plus building and ground maintenance costs that have still to be met.
We have already contacted our season ticketholders to offer a £50 club membership for adults and a £25 one for senior citizens mainly in the beginning to help us should games with spectators not become a reality and the response has been overwhelming and the committee would like to record our appreciation. .We will be writing to thank everyone individually for their contributions.
Should anyone reading this post wish to take out a membership to help the club please contact Hugh Kerr on 07746875347 or message this page for further details.
Stay safe folks we are still very much in difficult times for us all.

Having seen the dressing rooms of the majority of clubs in the Premier Division I find it strange that over 50% have stated that their facilities will comply with social distancing taking into account occupancy for a minimum of 21 people.

9 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

Informative post from Larkhall Thistle on Facebook today:

That really puts things into perspective.  I don’t think any clubs, L1, L2, LL, or WoS really believe that football can make it through the season without fans.  It just isn’t viable at all is it?

The season starts, players have to be paid along with officials etc,so really can't see any point having anymore than 2 or 3 home games without fans - that's just to make sure all the players etc are catered for. Clubs would have played enough friendlies by then to know if things are working, and I feel they believe that it's safe for fans now. What comes first, vaccine or almost zero cases/deaths ?

22 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Thanks. It was sheer laziness on my part to not go looking for it!

Edited to add: that seems to link to membership criteria not who a league can put forward (unless I am reading it wrong) and it would seem to me that the HL could still put forward a team if they choose to (as could the LL if they don’t play).

Its looking like if the Lowland League don't complete the season they'll put Kelty up again since they've never got the opportunity at the play-off in 2019-20.