9 hours ago, rncaa said:

Glasgow only today had the highest cases in the UK. 

Noises about top tier 1 wont have fans this season at all. 

If it works out well they will finish season with no fans. 

All the while we still have utter morons at clubs like linlithgow going on about let fans in blah blah blah on social media. 

Totally deluded the type of people and clubs who pose far more of a risk to all clubs future than anything else. 

Ditch the league campaigns. 

Those players who want to tick over play closed doors for free till march. 

Review things in march if possible play some kind of competitive regional cup comps then. 

Let clubs regroup and rebuild with less pressure and uncertainty. 

If anybody is home at the intern west of scotland WAKE UP before you proceed over the death of several clubs. 

Why don't you send an email to the linlithgow secretary. venting your anger towards the club. I'm sure he will give you a valid reply. 

I’m guessing that they are saying the can get every player changed in a reasonable amount of time, and not they can fit both squads in at the same time.   Are the possibly taking into account using other areas that they wouldn’t normally use?   I doubt even the bigger changing rooms can do it without players taking turns. 
It was a two part question relating to changing rooms, as can be seen in the list below. No mention of players taking it in turns or the time it would take to get them all changed. Like Jamie, I've been in plenty West Region changing rooms over the years where you would struggle to fit 4 or 5 players at a time if you stick to 2m distancing. I could only guess that clubs are saying yes based on part 2, that they have access to more facilities that could spread the players out.Screenshot_20200928-102814_Samsung%20Internet.jpg

4 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Two issues here.

Not sure what the difference is between this and football. Someone mentioned that football isn’t played in cars, which isn’t an argument in the first place when you think about fans attending an event.

The main issue however, is that if this photo represented a match at non-league football match, then it would be the last! The crowd is not social distancing. The whole argument of allowing fans into football in a reduced capacity is that clubs would/must ensure fans stay apart from each other.

Anyone using this photo as an positive argument, to persuade Scottish Ministers and SFA to let into football, would be laughed at, at the first hurdle and are the reason why we are still having this debate!

Agree with no masks and they are not distanced at all but this is third week of them attending lol we can’t even get a chance to baws it up 😂😂

1 minute ago, Derry said:

Agree with no masks and they are not distanced at all but this is third week of them attending lol we can’t even get a chance to baws it up 😂😂

I agree with you!

i know it is very hard to give ultimate do’s and don’t, but there are clear indications to two rules with same conditions, where one can get go ahead but the other cannot; which make people like me so exasperated!

for example -

this; fans can attend stock car racing but not football. What is difference though?

nhs not allowed to carry out injections / fillings which involve ‘spray’ - BUT - you can sit in the same chair and have the same dentist do both of these procedures when done privately. My own dentist shook his head at the ludicrous nature of one allowed - one not allowed. 

I know this is within the WoSFL, but this thread seems to be gaining the most traction.

With the Lowland League due to start a week on Saturday, and the EoSFL, Highland and NCL the week after, if there was any propsect of fans being allowed in you'd have heard something.

If there's to be no fans as would seem the case, it decision time on what to do. (Cancel the leagues for the season presumably)

9 minutes ago, Steven W said:

I know this is within the WoSFL, but this thread seems to be gaining the most traction.

With the Lowland League due to start a week on Saturday, and the EoSFL, Highland and NCL the week after, if there was any propsect of fans being allowed in you'd have heard something.

If there's to be no fans as would seem the case, it decision time on what to do. (Cancel the leagues for the season presumably)

I think at the moment the indicative date for opening things up is still October 5th(?). So it would be this week that the SG will give an announcement and presumably set a new indicative date extending things. At which point decisions get made and fixture lists probably get ripped up.

15 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I think at the moment the indicative date for opening things up is still October 5th(?). So it would be this week that the SG will give an announcement and presumably set a new indicative date extending things. At which point decisions get made and fixture lists probably get ripped up.

Ah OK. But of course, the notion that SG will give the green light at the next review to having crowds back of any description is fanciful.

But until you have it in black and white, I guess the leagues can't do anything

Should also bear in mind that this 'Circuit Breaker' which states 'no crowds in stadia', will, I guess, start from Sat 10th through to Sun 25th

Edited by Steven W

2 hours ago, Steven W said:

Things could look very different a month from now if the "second wave" has peaked and has clearly started to decline, so it's better to put things in a holding pattern for a bit.

5 hours ago, Sancho Panza said:

Can you meet the 2m social  guidance in changing rooms ?-  yes 52.7%

do you have supplementary facilities ?-   no 63.6%

would you players be willing to forego changing/washing ?-no  51%

remember the dirty dozen who never bothered to vote.

Would suggest a few people filling in the survey might need to consider what 2m actually is!

Why Thibaut Courtois Must Up His Game At Real Madrid

a flipping big keeper!

Edited by cmontheloknow

20 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Things could look very different a month from now if the "second wave" has peaked and has clearly started to decline, so it's better to put things in a holding pattern for a bit.

I sincerely hope you're right. Even if the second wave had peaked, the third wave woudn't be far away no doubt

Edited by Steven W

10 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

I am not sure about permitted numbers in  England, but whether it's 50 or 500, people standing within whispering distance without masks is not something that should be done (afaik). This whole 'let them play' stuff is all well and good, but it's rights without responsibility.

But the numbers make a difference because clearly with more people it's more likely they will be closer together. The first picture you posted was of a 417 crowd inside a 2,000 capacity ground (21%). Which is well above what anyone on here has been calling for (10%) to be allowed in to begin with.

Anything over 150 - basically half the amount of the distance around the spectator barrier - and then it becomes more complicated as you've got to have raised standing areas. But less than 20% of non-league clubs in Scotland had that attendance last season so that restriction wouldn't affect them.

There's a Sky report on Hendon, who I think are limited to 600 (30%): https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12084242/efl-could-replicate-fan-protocols-from-grassroots

This tweet shows a more sparse 14% crowd:

Edited by Ginaro

3 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

But the numbers make a difference because clearly with more people it's more likely they will be closer together. The first picture you posted was of a 417 crowd inside a 2,000 capacity ground (21%). Which is well above what anyone on here has been calling for (10%) to be allowed in to begin with. Anything over 150 - basically half the amount of the distance around the spectator barrier - and then it becomes more complicated as you've got to have raised standing areas.

There's a Sky report on Hendon, who I think are limited to 600 (30%): https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12084242/efl-could-replicate-fan-protocols-from-grassroots

This tweet shows a more sparse 14% crowd:

But people still group together - unless it's a crowd of socially awkward people, they will be with their mates.

Even the one you link shows that. Very few are on their own, or even masked. Who enforces it? And if I go to a game, touch an unsantised barrier and catch covid can I sue the club for not keeping me safe?

Edited by cmontheloknow

12 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

...And if I go to a game, touch an unsantised barrier and catch covid can I sue the club for not keeping me safe?

How could you possibly prove that's how it happened in a manner that would stand up to scrutiny in a court of law? Your scrambling to find obstacles on this is becoming a wee bit bizarre now.

48 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

At last a,sensible post,  the problem since March is everyone wants to make quick snap decisions,  let it play out and everyone stop panicking ffs....