42 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

...The Scottish Government don’t want people to travel unnecessarily...

Didn't seem to stop all the friendlies from happening yesterday, so travel for grassroots level football is already very much happening with the SG's blessing. The only major sticking point at WoS level on having a season is getting spectators in. Transmission outdoors is less likely than indoors and plenty of riskier stuff is happening indoors at the moment with the SG's blessing, so this revolves around getting SNP politicians to explain/justify why Scottish nonleague is being treated differently from the comparable level in England. If enough people highlight the lack of logic in how they are handling this issue, common sense can prevail. We have a democracy rather than a one party state and that's how democracy is supposed to work

Edited by LongTimeLurker

10 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Didn't seem to stop all the friendlies from happening yesterday, so travel for grassroots level football is already very much happening with the SG's blessing. The only major sticking point at WoS level on having a season is getting spectators in. Transmission outdoors is less likely than indoors and plenty of riskier stuff is happening indoors at the moment with the SG's blessing, so this revolves around getting SNP politicians to explain/justify why Scottish nonleague is being treated differently from the comparable level in England.

Have you seen some of the changing facilities that have been put in place at some clubs 

Never going to work in wind, rain and sleet. Clubs have a duty of care to their players 

1 hour ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

There is no way restrictions are going to be relaxed 

Stop sitting on the fence and make the decision to start next spring 

We all know it the only sensible option.

As for the 12 non returns name and shame them!!

It's a fair point. 12 non returns and @Andy groundhopperthinks some clubs could run an advanced ticketing system. The only way it works here is convince SG hardly anyone goes and open the gates.

Didn't seem to stop all the friendlies from happening yesterday, so travel for grassroots level football is already very much happening with the SG's blessing. The only major sticking point at WoS level on having a season is getting spectators in. Transmission outdoors is less likely than indoors and plenty of riskier stuff is happening indoors at the moment with the SG's blessing, so this revolves around getting SNP politicians to explain/justify why Scottish nonleague is being treated differently from the comparable level in England.

We are taking about spectators here. Clubs and officials have guidance to follow which we have to follow to the letter. The issue seems to be around the travelling. The clubs can’t control fans travelling and having people travelling far and wide to visit games with other people possibly in the same vehicle. There is already evidence of increased transmission in car pools hence the announcement last week not to do it. Oliver Dowden has just said the same thing on Marr that it is the travelling that is the concern for elite level sport in England. And I know you will come back and say I am comparing apples and oranges (and I am) but the Scottish Gov have taken the view that we shouldn’t differentiate. They will have taken advice on this from PHS and I am guess the advice to the English authorities from PHE was different. That doesn’t mean it was political (as you keep suggesting) and has happened on many pieces of guidance that is already out there.

You are right that being outside dramatically lowers the chance of transmission but what happens when it starts raining and the 300 go under the small cover at the ground? How do clubs stop it other than fencing it off? Again this is something that needs to be factored in to any risk assessments that would need to be done. It’s not as simple as saying it’s outside and that’s it we can reopen.

As I have said if we can have a safe way of reopening then we should do it (if the numbers allow) but I think there are many unanswered questions to be resolved first.

4 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

We are taking about spectators here. Clubs and officials have guidance to follow which we have to follow to the letter. The issue seems to be around the travelling. The clubs can’t control fans travelling and having people travelling far and wide to visit games with other people possibly in the same vehicle. There is already evidence of increased transmission in car pools hence the announcement last week not to do it. Oliver Dowden has just said the same thing on Marr that it is the travelling that is the concern for elite level sport in England. And I know you will come back and say I am comparing apples and oranges (and I am) but the Scottish Gov have taken the view that we shouldn’t differentiate. They will have taken advice on this from PHS and I am guess the advice to the English authorities from PHE was different. That doesn’t mean it was political (as you keep suggesting) and has happened on many pieces of guidance that is already out there.

You are right that being outside dramatically lowers the chance of transmission but what happens when it starts raining and the 300 go under the small cover at the ground? How do clubs stop it other than fencing it off? Again this is something that needs to be factored in to any risk assessments that would need to be done. It’s not as simple as saying it’s outside and that’s it we can reopen.

As I have said if we can have a safe way of reopening then we should do it (if the numbers allow) but I think there are many unanswered questions to be resolved first.

Home fans only. And buy a brolly. I very rarely stood in any sheltered area. Home or away. 

Home fans only. And buy a brolly. I very rarely stood in any sheltered area. Home or away. 

Totally agree and that what I do, but clubs will have a responsibility to makes sure people social distance and I am posing the question how do clubs stop it from happening. As was pointed out in previous posts there are issues in games down south with making sure that people social distance and the only way we can hope to get fans back into grounds is to make it a secure as possible and answer the questions that will be asked.

8 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

FA Cup in midweek

120140390_10158935275184954_2753377296261862170_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=RWBWrBgs1TsAX87Wytv&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=e819a95887d89710004db6b8aca87ef7&oe=5F94A4D3

Fans will not do it up here either. Individuals might but if there are those that don't, who enforces it?

If you don't feel safe, don't go. There are much bigger issues to worry about on non-compliance elsewhere. Check out the numbers that are being reported on actual compliance with self-isolating, for example. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronavirus-self-isolation-uk-rules-symptoms-police-fines-b594240.html%3famp

Totally agree and that what I do, but clubs will have a responsibility to makes sure people social distance and I am posing the question how do clubs stop it from happening. As was pointed out in previous posts there are issues in games down south with making sure that people social distance and the only way we can hope to get fans back into grounds is to make it a secure as possible and answer the questions that will be asked.
We all know clubs aren't following the letter of the law.
How many photos have you seen with the manager and their new signing; arms round them or shaking hands while they hold the strip.
It's a small thing, but evidence of non compliance none the less.
Seen photos of a east Region juniors v EOS game. Maybe no fans but seemingly a massive committee, all standing next to each other.
These small things are being noticed. No chance of fans any time soon.

16 minutes ago, TheLad said:

We all know clubs aren't following the letter of the law.
How many photos have you seen with the manager and their new signing; arms round them or shaking hands while they hold the strip.
It's a small thing, but evidence of non compliance none the less.
Seen photos of a east Region juniors v EOS game. Maybe no fans but seemingly a massive committee, all standing next to each other.
These small things are being noticed. No chance of fans any time soon.

Committees are allowed though. Don't know numbers permitted at games. Might be a cap on that. 

3 minutes ago, TheLad said:

...These small things are being noticed. No chance of fans any time soon.

Meanwhile the pubs and schools are still open, so they have pretty much given up on elimination. You actually believe these small things in the outdoors at a football game matter in bigger picture terms if there has only been 18% compliance happening with self-isolation for 14 days upon developing symptoms? The UK has wound up with a curve on deaths per capita population that looks remarkably similar to Sweden's, so there is a genuine question mark over whether the stricter lockdown measures actually made much of a difference given how late in the day they were implemented.

The politicians love the limelight and want people to hang on their every word as if it makes a pivotal difference. It's quite possible none of this stuff has really mattered all that much if Ned and Senga from down the street haven't also been following through with it and were going to work, the pub and the shops and sending the bairns (oops weans it's the WoS board) to school in recent weeks when they knew they were symptomatic. The only person that can really make a difference to your own set of circumstances in all of this is yourself, basically.