3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Try reading it again.

Ok … … In the middle of a global pandemic the Government is going to listen to some  non league football fans complaining that they canny get into a game …… Don’t think so

Peter Lawwell of Celtic has been lobbying the government, scientists and medical people to get fans back into games … … to no avail I may add

4 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Ok … … In the middle of a global pandemic the Government is going to listen to some  non league football fans complaining that they canny get into a game …… Don’t think so

Peter Lawwell of Celtic has been lobbying the government, scientists and medical people to get fans back into games … … to no avail I may add

I said it might not be right, but don't underestimate the shite housery of your elected representatives. They will respond to people who make a fuss.

Canny see the League starting at all and to be honest the fact  its ok to play contact sport with 22 participants at moment but you can't  visit another household  to me borders on insane  

Baws Burst for now 

Edited by holsten

46 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

Totally agree what your saying but if it’s true that only 7 managers/clubs are not prepared to play with no fans you would have to think that the other clubs players are prepared to turn up stripped and go home soaking wet and covered in mud🤷🏻‍♂️

It’s not the just turning up and playing, how do they get there if they don’t drive?  This is a health issue in the respect that you are not letting teams use dressing rooms, showers etc. But you expect them to go and stand outside and get a team talk in the pissing rain extreme cold then warm up change out out of their warm up gear into a wet playing kit.? (Worse case scenario). So you are protecting them from COVID-19 but letting them catch pneumonia?  Hypothermia?    Some teams have covered terraces, but I would not fancy going to Benburb on a winters day where there is no cover and be in nothing more than a t-shirt and shorts for nearly three hours.  

I want the games back as much as anybody but you have to be realistic about where we are right now. 

7 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:
11 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:
You really think experts are telling Nicola that nonleague football with spectators is a no no right now, while others are telling Boris it's OK down south? 

Fans attending games has been stopped in England as well now.

Still OK below National League level from what I understand, so not having that at a comparable level in Scotland is a case of deliberately using football to create a point of difference with what Westminster is doing. 

It's not that they would rather play without their fans.
It's more that they would rather play than not play.
If there are no fans, that's disappointing but not the end of the world.

If they cared that much for the fans of the club, they would all play for free this season
? Idiot !

You really think experts are telling Nicola that nonleague football with spectators is a no no right now, while others are telling Boris it's OK down south? 

I don’t think they have told her anything about non league football, they won’t be distinguishing it from any other spectator sport. Rightly or wrongly the government are not spreading the level or sports out.

Oh and by the way Boris just stopped sports fans in England with the National League considering suspending their season or perhaps cancelling altogether.

Wondering how we make people socially distance on the terraces? How we make them socially distance in toilets? Do we close off enclosures on wet days to give players somewhere to go?

Plenty of anecdotal evidence on Twitter of people not bothering their arse in England at the non-league games with crowds. The odd covid outbreak chucked in for good measure.

The demographic I'd have thought least likely to comply with covid restrictions are either onfield or watching... men young to middle aged.

Edited by cmontheloknow

39 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Wondering how we make people socially distance on the terraces? How we make them socially distance in toilets? Do we close off enclosures on wet days to give players somewhere to go?

I've seen the odd mention of bringing in portaloos to try and handle the toilet situation.

11 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I've seen the odd mention of bringing in portaloos to try and handle the toilet situation.

I avoid them like the plague, no pun intended, not had to answer that call since the 90s... they don't have running water do they? Doesn't really solve the handwashing thingy. Sanitiser no substitute for soap and water.

5 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

I avoid them like the plague, no pun intended, not had to answer that call since the 90s... they don't have running water do they? Doesn't really solve the handwashing thingy. Sanitiser no substitute for soap and water.

I wonder at what point the leadership of the WoSFL pulls the plug on this season.

1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:

Plenty of anecdotal evidence on Twitter of people not bothering their arse in England at the non-league games with crowds. The odd covid outbreak chucked in for good measure.

The demographic I'd have thought least likely to comply with covid restrictions are either onfield or watching... men young to middle aged.

You do have to be strict about it, suppose spray paint lines or something onto the terraces to show areas for standing/one way system, people flouting it get punted out regardless of how big a fan they are etc. Toilets etc well you need to hire those portable urinals they have at music festivals and have hand sanitiser at a few points around the ground. Its all eminently doable. Remember a contact is less than 2mtrs away for 15 minutes, theres so much room for letting fans in. The SNP (who ive voted for all my adult life) have never really seemed to be pro-football, i cant see that changing unless fans lobby msps etc and remind them of the election in may.