I went along to a local game yesterday and watched from outside the ground. About 30 other folk had the same idea as me. Ridiculous that if we’d stood another 6 foot away the club could have charged us to watch, yet they made nothing from the game. Most WoSFL league games can be watched  from outside so you’ll still get fans “attending” yet the clubs won’t get a penny. 
Proud of yourself?
You're the type that will solve the problem of no fans being allowed in when Queen Nicola stops all games at our level.

7 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I went along to a local game yesterday and watched from outside the ground. About 30 other folk had the same idea as me. Ridiculous that if we’d stood another 6 foot away the club could have charged us to watch, yet they made nothing from the game. Most WoSFL league games can be watched  from outside so you’ll still get fans “attending” yet the clubs won’t get a penny. 

And clubs were asking fans not to do that as reports of it could see the return of fans delayed. Good one!

Guys easily on £8k a season, training twice a week and playing on a Saturday then saying to the wife “see that £8k a make that pays the holidays etc, I’m no taking it off the club this season” I can’t see many of the high earners playing for nothing, and why should they[emoji2371]
If he takes a season out, his 8k is gone anyway.

20 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:
9 hours ago, Ceejayar said:
Guys easily on £8k a season, training twice a week and playing on a Saturday then saying to the wife “see that £8k a make that pays the holidays etc, I’m no taking it off the club this season” I can’t see many of the high earners playing for nothing, and why should theyemoji2371.png

If he takes a season out, his 8k is gone anyway.

Let's be brutally frank games with no fans ain't happening, just need the WOSFL to come out their slumber and make the shout.

8 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

Let's be brutally frank games with no fans ain't happening, just need the WOSFL to come out their slumber and make the shout.

They will do what LL, HL, EoS and SoS do in terms of that. Can't see it being anything different. HL have already cut games. WoSL rumoured to be doing likewise in top flight at least.

The SPFL's part-timers will benefit from being under that umbrella. I'd have though trials of fans would happen there before at say Annbank. With covid on the rise again (as predicted - although earlier than thought) the seaon's screwed anyway IMO.

Edited by cmontheloknow

10 hours ago, Derry said:

It’s not there club mate most are playing at that level for money and harsh reality is if they don’t pay there better players they will go elsewhere 

Yip. A lot of boys will just go and play amateur with their mates if they aren't getting paid the cash they want to play at the higher level.

1 hour ago, Sancho Panza said:

Don't think you can call it a slumber when the main talking point last week was the apparent change in structure to the Premier and Conferences. These friendlies also aren't just about getting players match fit, they're also giving the clubs the opportunity to work out the kinks in how to operate under these new guidelines. Organising a longer distance away match day I imagine is going to be a bit different in a time of social distancing. Its not like everyone drives.

They, like everyone else outside the Premiership, are just trying to get everything ready for the start date in hopes that when the time comes fans are allowed in.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Don't think you can call it a slumber when the main talking point last week was the apparent change in structure to the Premier and Conferences. These friendlies also aren't just about getting players match fit, they're also giving the clubs the opportunity to work out the kinks in how to operate under these new guidelines. Organising a longer distance away match day I imagine is going to be a bit different in a time of social distancing. Its not like everyone drives.

They, like everyone else out the Premiership, are just trying to get everything ready for the start date in hopes that when the time comes fans are allowed in.

I suppose most teams in the non league are given a 25 mile radius to play teams within that area but then the problems start for teams in areas which are in lockdown.
Right now its about trying to get ready and get by under the constraints in the hope that it will open up, (personally I cant see things opening up if pubs are still allowed to be open). Noticed a few Glasgow teams had to cancel games against teams outwith their area and the same for teams in East dumbartonshire, North lanarkshire etc..  so it will be hard to get it worked but sure everyone is working together to try and come to a solution

20 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I suppose most teams in the non league are given a 25 mile radius to play teams within that area but then the problems start for teams in areas which are in lockdown.
Right now its about trying to get ready and get by under the constraints in the hope that it will open up, (personally I cant see things opening up if pubs are still allowed to be open). Noticed a few Glasgow teams had to cancel games against teams outwith their area and the same for teams in East dumbartonshire, North lanarkshire etc..  so it will be hard to get it worked but sure everyone is working together to try and come to a solution

While the WoS Premier changes got the headlines, there was mention of the Conferences being looked at as well. It wouldn't surprise me if they move to regional ones instead. Look to cut down on the travel concerns for players and fingers crossed fans.

EDIT: Although moving to 4 Conferences as i've seen suggested to cut down on games, has the added issue of how to handle promotion. Which is probably a factor in why nothing was announced yet.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

9 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

And there we have it folks  there will always be people who think they above the rules and guidelines no matter how much you tell fans to stay away. Utter joke that anyway turns up at a game chancing their luck trying to see a match they aren’t allowed to watch. Every club will have these types of people.

Question? Why did you think it was ok to go and try and see a game on Saturday? Most clubs put out statements saying not to attend yet you went against that exact message so you could selfishly see the game? 

15 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

While the WoS Premier changes got the headlines, there was mention of the Conferences being looked at as well. It wouldn't surprise me if they move to regional ones instead. Look to cut down on the travel concerns for players and fingers crossed fans.

EDIT: Although moving to 4 Conferences as i've seen suggested to cut down on games, has the added issue of how to handle promotion. Which is probably a factor in why nothing was announced yet.

Yeah I suppose and expect the WOSFL and Lowland league to a certain extent have been looking into all permutations and they have been coy, quite rightly, about not advertising changes as the government are changing the route map daily so no point in informing everyone only to change again

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

What rules was he breaking by standing outside watching it?

And there we have it folks  there will always be people who think they above the rules and guidelines no matter how much you tell fans to stay away. Utter joke that anyway turns up at a game chancing their luck trying to see a match they aren’t allowed to watch. Every club will have these types of people.
Question? Why did you think it was ok to go and try and see a game on Saturday? Most clubs put out statements saying not to attend yet you went against that exact message so you could selfishly see the game? 

5 minutes ago, andy25 said:

What rules was he breaking by standing outside watching it?

No spectators at games, anyone trying to watch it whether they paid in or watched from a car park is attempting to be a spectator. 

we all want football back with fans for the reasons many have already stated and if you get people constantly trying to watch games from a vantage point outside the ground it’s only going to risk getting things back to normal. What if 40 other folk had a similar view and all turned up to the same game and the team had a gathering of fans trying to watch the game. Not going to help, the whole mentality of thinking it’s ok to go and try and sneak a watch when everyone else is doing their bit and staying at home is the one that will spoil it for everyone. But I guess that’s what society is like in all walks of life and people are just out for themselves 

Wait till the Leagues start behind closed doors and see the number of people that turn up.
You'll have your work cut out then[emoji846]

No spectators at games, anyone trying to watch it whether they paid in or watched from a car park is attempting to be a spectator. 

we all want football back with fans for the reasons many have already stated and if you get people constantly trying to watch games from a vantage point outside the ground it’s only going to risk getting things back to normal. What if 40 other folk had a similar view and all turned up to the same game and the team had a gathering of fans trying to watch the game. Not going to help, the whole mentality of thinking it’s ok to go and try and sneak a watch when everyone else is doing their bit and staying at home is the one that will spoil it for everyone. But I guess that’s what society is like in all walks of life and people are just out for themselves 

9 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Wait till the Leagues start behind closed doors and see the number of people that turn up.
You'll have your work cut out thenemoji846.png

Aye no doubt, will be class when they all turn up and get football stopped! Then everyone will blame the government 

1 hour ago, Sancho Panza said:

Why don't the clubs band together and say games behind closed doors will kill us and is a non starter.

A least that clears it up and if we start in Nov or Jan or next July at least clubs will have survived.

Other than playing behind closed doors competitvely being a non-starter, I'm not sure what exactly is clear about that.