Don’t know what the problem is. I’ve just played 90 in the rain, 10 mins at halftime, relax the rules around subs, enough time to get together for a drink and a team talk, maybe a change of top (or a smoke behind the goals) and away again. Everyone kept warm then a quick change into fresh shorts n T-shirt for the drive home to the shower. It’s not ideal but it was finally a game of football and no one was complaining. If it’s good enough for us Ammy’s then it’s good enough for tier 6-7... also a decent amount of passerby’s stopping to watch a game (not like they are allowed to go anywhere else to see a game) and keeping their distance.

As for paying refs, I’m sure if there’s no other option, between the committee and players they can stump up a few quid each to cover it. Surely players at this level aren’t too high n mighty to help their clubs out if it means getting a game on

1 hour ago, Spyro said:

Don’t know what the problem is. I’ve just played 90 in the rain, 10 mins at halftime, relax the rules around subs, enough time to get together for a drink and a team talk, maybe a change of top (or a smoke behind the goals) and away again. Everyone kept warm then a quick change into fresh shorts n T-shirt for the drive home to the shower. It’s not ideal but it was finally a game of football and no one was complaining. If it’s good enough for us Ammy’s then it’s good enough for tier 6-7... also a decent amount of passerby’s stopping to watch a game (not like they are allowed to go anywhere else to see a game) and keeping their distance.

As for paying refs, I’m sure if there’s no other option, between the committee and players they can stump up a few quid each to cover it. Surely players at this level aren’t too high n mighty to help their clubs out if it means getting a game on

The main problem for the semi pros is funding the wages without ticket revenue and revenue from the social clubs.

Amateur football doesn't have these issues as most guys pay a tenner a week to play amateur. I dont see any reason why the amateurs can't get their season up and running and have to just turn up ready to play. Ref will be covered by the players paying their dues.

How do semi pro clubs cover their operating costs though without income?

26 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

How do semi pro clubs cover their operating costs though without income?

I don’t know how true it is but it’s been mentioned that contracts don’t officially start until competitive games are back on. If there’s still no crowds allow in by then, it’s up to the players themselves (and their conscience) whether they are going to demand wages from clubs when it’s a 2nd wage/cash to do a ‘job’ they are supposed to love...

We are all struggling so I can’t see why it would be a huge problem for players to defer payments for a month or 2 until clubs are back on track. Again it’s not ideal but it’s non-league, part time football... any players who would rather let their club die than take a bit of the strain need to take a good look at themselves

Its a bigger problem for the smaller clubs who own their own grounds and have a lot of unseen costs to cover that clubs who play on council parks don’t.

Buildings /Contents/ Public Liability insurance,Water rates, electricity plus all the normal maintenance costs all add up.

All things that have to be paid and can’t just be put on ice until paying g punters come through the gates.

1 hour ago, Spyro said:

I don’t know how true it is but it’s been mentioned that contracts don’t officially start until competitive games are back on. If there’s still no crowds allow in by then, it’s up to the players themselves (and their conscience) whether they are going to demand wages from clubs when it’s a 2nd wage/cash to do a ‘job’ they are supposed to love...

We are all struggling so I can’t see why it would be a huge problem for players to defer payments for a month or 2 until clubs are back on track. Again it’s not ideal but it’s non-league, part time football... any players who would rather let their club die than take a bit of the strain need to take a good look at themselves

It’s not there club mate most are playing at that level for money and harsh reality is if they don’t pay there better players they will go elsewhere 

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Are France letting in more than 5,000 now? Otherwise, not sure you can call about 10% of the Parc de Princes packed.

Look at it looks a hell of a lot better than the shit show which is our game and 5000 is a lot more than in majority of all Scottish grounds every week lol 

Edited by Derry

18 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Our game's barely started again.

So u say but premiership is what 7 games in now teams have played in Europe and we have had international games and barely moved forward and make no mistake about it the Scottish premier will come long before our levels of the game infact lower leagues are barely ever in the powers that be thoughts if anything they would probably rather not have lower level teams in the structure at all and would be pretty happy if a few disappeared due to this 

and as I said the other day fans could be accommodated easily from league 1 down just now no problem   

Edited by Derry

1 hour ago, Derry said:

It’s not there club mate most are playing at that level for money and harsh reality is if they don’t pay there better players they will go elsewhere 

Guys easily on £8k a season, training twice a week and playing on a Saturday then saying to the wife “see that £8k a make that pays the holidays etc, I’m no taking it off the club this season” I can’t see many of the high earners playing for nothing, and why should they🤷🏻‍♂️

21 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

Guys easily on £8k a season, training twice a week and playing on a Saturday then saying to the wife “see that £8k a make that pays the holidays etc, I’m no taking it off the club this season” I can’t see many of the high earners playing for nothing, and why should they🤷🏻‍♂️

Correct I know everyone loves there club mate whatever level it is but can’t expect the players  to as well especially as there already playing and travelling for nothing to play and train at least 3 times a week until competitive games start at most teams just now and what if anything happens to them I’m sure club won’t pay them if can’t play and what if they end up off there own work due to playing etc some people are so naive I’m sure they all go to work for free 😂😂

I went along to a local game yesterday and watched from outside the ground. About 30 other folk had the same idea as me. Ridiculous that if we’d stood another 6 foot away the club could have charged us to watch, yet they made nothing from the game. Most WoSFL league games can be watched  from outside so you’ll still get fans “attending” yet the clubs won’t get a penny. 

I went along to a local game yesterday and watched from outside the ground. About 30 other folk had the same idea as me. Ridiculous that if we’d stood another 6 foot away the club could have charged us to watch, yet they made nothing from the game. Most WoSFL league games can be watched  from outside so you’ll still get fans “attending” yet the clubs won’t get a penny. 

Being a pedant, do most clubs charge for friendlies anyway?

We typically do donations at the gate.

2 hours ago, Ceejayar said:

That’s not what I said but ok 👍