29 minutes ago, ibenji said:

It’s just an example of football fans not doing what they are supposed. Getting fans back will require everyone to follow strict rules. 

the other thing common is that the default to look at what other folk are doing. We need to take football in isolation, forget pubs, schools, shops or whatever. We’re football and have to work within our own area to get into a state we’re good to go with and not get distracted by what’s happening in other parts of society. 

So as I said no evidence whatsoever that mostly less then 100/300 people standing outside with masks not in groups would cause any issue at all lower levels of Scottish football can’t be treated the same as premier league 

Time to end this farce and forget about 20-21 season put everyone out of misery and take the pointless pressure and stress off clubs and people involved. 
This is just painful now. 
The top flight in this country spending a fortune will struggle along and hopefully finish the season everything else forget it. 

This is a parody account, right?

9 hours ago, Derry said:

So as I said no evidence whatsoever that mostly less then 100/300 people standing outside with masks not in groups would cause any issue at all lower levels of Scottish football can’t be treated the same as premier league 

When you look at how localised lockdowns have been used by the different governments, I think part of the concern is over how those people get to and from the ground. Even if you restrict attendance to season ticket holders, that doesn't mean they're going to be local. It's the one issue where the pub argument doesn't compare. You don't have thousands of pub goers travelling tens to hundreds of miles by organised buses or public transport to go to their local.

Think we also have to take football in various stages, you can't compare the Premier Lge with 40,000 SPFL  with average say  12,000 crowds  v the non league with crowds of  300. People seem to get confused, main sticking point seems to be changing rooms at lower level - while it's mass gatherings at highest level. If Scottish non league has a month of friendlies with very few cases, everyone feel safe to go back ?

Noticed Lanark United are switching to squad numbers for fairly obvious reasons this season. Any other clubs planning on doing this?
We started using squad numbers a few seasons ago under our old manager kieran mcanespie dunno the reason why lol. Talbots friendly v annbank they had players starting that werent 1-11 dunno if they r doing squad numbers or just grabbing a jersey as its only a friendly

Mon the papers

Social media was terrific yesterday. It was fantastic to see so many people buzzing to get back playing football again. I'm sure if the players need to turn up ready to play as the alternative is no football then they will be more than happy to do that for the foreseeable future.

I hope the Scottish Government think about the mental health impact of putting the breaks on this now. All of the science points to transmission of the virus outdoors being extremely difficult. Let's use some common sense here.

Edited by Crazy Feet

30 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

I refereed three games back to back yesterday and as much as it is a total pain in the arse not having access to changing rooms in the pissing rain, it's not enough of a reason to prevent a restart of football.

Will you do it for free til the fans get in ?

The clubs...
Andy, i appreciate your desire to see teams playing again, I really do, but, i honestly think clubs will go out the game because of this pandemic, I'm not smart enough to know the answer to all of this but with teams training again and matches proposed to start, where's the money to come from if no fans, hospitality, bar areas not open. Maybe a few could cope, Talbot, Darvel, Pollok spring to mind but most teams including my own would struggle to survive! I sincerely hope I'm wrong but I'm with the man of many names on this one!

where do the clubs get the money if no crowds no shop no hospitality?  i accept some clubs have money in the bank [not many]  but even these clubs would struggle after a  few weeks of no income. if no supporters are allowed the only teams surviving will be be the two or three with  "sugar daddies" or the bottom clubs run on a basically amateur status.  would you accept this scenario or prefer to wait  until it is possible to return to something like normal and allow clubs to survive.

If clubs can find the money to pay players then no excuse about a ref shouldn't even be debated 
Clubs aren't paying players at the moment. Contracts this year only start paying wages when competitive games are underway. Some clubs might be paying wages or covering expenses, but they are under no obligation to do so just now.

I want football back, but I don't actually see the point of playing competitively until fans are allowed into games.

Re: dressing rooms. I understand what is to happen before and after games, but what about half time? Obviously the players can't all go into the dressing room, and as we head into late autumn and winter they will be standing around getting cold and IMO will be at increased risk of muscle injuries when the game restarts.

3 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Clubs aren't paying players at the moment. Contracts this year only start paying wages when competitive games are underway. Some clubs might be paying wages or covering expenses, but they are under no obligation to do so just now.

I want football back, but I don't actually see the point of playing competitively until fans are allowed into games.

Re: dressing rooms. I understand what is to happen before and after games, but what about half time? Obviously the players can't all go into the dressing room, and as we head into late autumn and winter they will be standing around getting cold and IMO will be at increased risk of muscle injuries when the game restarts.

A would say thats quite an easy fix , instead of taking 15 minutes of a break at ht take 10 or even 5. If coaches are organised and ready with the teamtalk which I'm sure most will be then dont see that being an issue. No different from when someone goes does injured and theres a lengthy stoppage.