Just now, Marten said:

Yeah, because resigning to no football at all is definitely better than exploring the options there are... 🙄

Common sense need to prevail here clubs at this level should have fans in with social distance protocol etc no problem no more of a risk than pubs gyms etc and all the other things that can be done now there will be JR games etc on all over the place today with people in the social clubs in the grounds but can’t watch the game 😂😂

Surely got to give it a try it you write it off completely a lot of teams will never be seen again.
If you ask most players I'm sure they will be happy to get back and hopefully things will improve shortly in regards to dressing rooms and showers.

Time to end this farce and forget about 20-21 season put everyone out of misery and take the pointless pressure and stress off clubs and people involved. 
This is just painful now. 
The top flight in this country spending a fortune will struggle along and hopefully finish the season everything else forget it. 

54 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

You’ve already got one with Bellshill’s game v Newmains off as one of the Bellshill players has tested positive.

Just read that.

Be interesting to see if it happens to any others in their squad. A good test to see if their protocols at training sessions worked or not.

Hopefully it turns out to be just an isolated case.

Common sense need to prevail here clubs at this level should have fans in with social distance protocol etc no problem no more of a risk than pubs gyms etc and all the other things that can be done now there will be JR games etc on all over the place today with people in the social clubs in the grounds but can’t watch the game [emoji23][emoji23]

I think the difference between the pubs and the grounds are that in pubs you (should) have staff who control where people sit and make sure they abide by the rules but there are many clubs who wouldn’t have that at this level. At the end of the day I would feel safer at a ground than I would at the pub and people need to take responsibility for themselves and follow the rules that are set out. If we have fans back at the ground then it’s up to us as supporters to follow the rules. That also goes for across society.

In terms of the trolls point above. What is the harm in trying. Players and clubs are willing to give it a go so why not? Even if we have to start without fans then we can see where we can go, if it fails then what’s lost. I have been sceptical at points but if clubs feel that they can give it a go then great. I have already bought my season ticket this year to help the club out and I know that the club are still running the lotto and football cards so there is still some money coming in and it’s hopefully brought to get the through to (hopefully) we can get fans back.

It is still a serious disease and we need to take sensible precautions. If we can’t get the numbers back down more restrictions will come in and we can probably kiss good bye to fans in the ground and possibly the season but in the mean time let’s give it a go.

I think we are going to kiss goodbye to a lot of clubs who are treating their fans like shit ... why should they come back at any point ?  They`d be far better employed going to see the top amateurs ... FREE ..

What clubs are treating their fans like shit. It’s not the clubs that are not allowing fans in. Amateurs and youths are not allowed either!!

I see there was a little flare up on Twitter with one club saying they weren't allowed to give live updates under new guidelines. Which was then jumped on by everyone on how things are being handled. 

Except it seems the club has misunderstood something. As Kennie Young has said there's no such guidance.

Yip the guy from WOS news spat the dummy and Kennie Young put him in his place [emoji1787]

I see there was a little flare up on Twitter with one club saying they weren't allowed to give live updates under new guidelines. Which was then jumped on by everyone on how things are being handled. 
Except it seems the club has misunderstood something. As Kennie Young has said there's no such guidance.

Just out of interest, watching various sports, many of  the Rugby League games are being played at Leeds, are there many non league grounds that have modern changing facilities which could be used by different clubs ? seeing as it sounds like many junior grounds have old cramped changing rooms. Guessing that could work, maybe not , just an idea.

2 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Just out of interest, watching various sports, many of  the Rugby League games are being played at Leeds, are there many non league grounds that have modern changing facilities which could be used by different clubs ? seeing as it sounds like many junior grounds have old cramped changing rooms. Guessing that could work, maybe not , just an idea.

Our changing rooms are shut afaik. Oly 6 adults from 2 families allowed indoors, not aware non league having an exception.

4 minutes ago, Derry said:

Probably missed this but has there ever been a decent reason why fans can’t get into lower league games etc or is simply they don’t matter 

I don't think its as damning as they don't matter.  The guidelines for returning to football are set out by the SFA and the Scottish Government, presumably it will be somewhere down the line providing the virus is kept in check and clubs can prove that they can follow the protocols and fans can act responsibly. Football fans have never been the best at following rules. People standing up in all seater stadiums, not sitting at their allocated seats, swearing, singing songs they shouldn't be singing, being offensive, using smoke bombs, fighting each other in the streets etc etc.  Some of that isn't maybe seen as a big deal to football fans but it's just little bits of things where fans aren't seen to behave in the way they should vs something like Rugby, Ice Hockey, Cricket, Speedway etc. With the tighter restrictions on some local areas there probably isn't a massive appetite to bring the fans back. 

We know it can work, we've got the space and small numbers to handle, these friendlies are our acid test, we have to follow the rules to the letter with no exceptions in order to give us a fighting chance to move through the steps before getting fans back.

3 minutes ago, ibenji said:

I don't think its as damning as they don't matter.  The guidelines for returning to football are set out by the SFA and the Scottish Government, presumably it will be somewhere down the line providing the virus is kept in check and clubs can prove that they can follow the protocols and fans can act responsibly. Football fans have never been the best at following rules. People standing up in all seater stadiums, not sitting at their allocated seats, swearing, singing songs they shouldn't be singing, being offensive, using smoke bombs, fighting each other in the streets etc etc.  Some of that isn't maybe seen as a big deal to football fans but it's just little bits of things where fans aren't seen to behave in the way they should vs something like Rugby, Ice Hockey, Cricket, Speedway etc. With the tighter restrictions on some local areas there probably isn't a massive appetite to bring the fans back. 

We know it can work, we've got the space and small numbers to handle, these friendlies are our acid test, we have to follow the rules to the letter with no exceptions in order to give us a fighting chance to move through the steps before getting fans back.

Most parks at this level don’t even have have seats mate and that’s right cause we all behave like angels in pubs etc 🙄

28 minutes ago, Derry said:

Most parks at this level don’t even have have seats mate and that’s right cause we all behave like angels in pubs etc 🙄

It’s just an example of football fans not doing what they are supposed. Getting fans back will require everyone to follow strict rules. 

the other thing common is that the default to look at what other folk are doing. We need to take football in isolation, forget pubs, schools, shops or whatever. We’re football and have to work within our own area to get into a state we’re good to go with and not get distracted by what’s happening in other parts of society.