At last someone with a common sense approach with the lowland league delaying the start of their development league. As part of their reasons, they are citing the health and well-being of the players due to the dressing room/ showers situation. Should the WOSFL not follow suit rather than run their member clubs into the ground with no income through the gates for the foreseeable future?

1 hour ago, Innocent bystander said:

At last someone with a common sense approach with the lowland league delaying the start of their development league. As part of their reasons, they are citing the health and well-being of the players due to the dressing room/ showers situation. Should the WOSFL not follow suit rather than run their member clubs into the ground with no income through the gates for the foreseeable future?

Citing a child-safety issue is quite sensible.  Unfortunately, the same consideration is not being made for players and officials at non-league and senior level.

Having to drive home muddy and soaking wet is not going to be pleasant in September.  It is inconceivable in January.

3 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:
3 hours ago, andy25 said:
Players dont get tested at this level.

Quite easily could spread among players and staff then, i think supporters would be fine socially distancing etc...

You have to trust them to socially distance and how do you police it? In the SPFL, seats are being used with sections /seats cordoned off. Really hard to do that sort of thing on terraces. Also the fact that ground standards are non existent in the ex Juniors / Juniors etc... hygiene measures for starters are lax.

The Scopttish government have a far bigger bat to wield when it comes to non-compliance than the populist muppets down south who seem to now be reaping what they've sown. Really can't see it being open season on our terraces any time soon. But hope is always good.

Edited by cmontheloknow

More chance of social distancing than people standing outside grounds watching which can be done at quite a lot of grounds.

You have to trust them to socially distance and how do you police it? In the SPFL, seats are being used with sections /seats cordoned off. Really hard to do that sort of thing on terraces. Also the fact that ground standards are non existent in the ex Juniors / Juniors etc... hygiene measures for starters are lax.

The Scopttish government have a far bigger bat to wield when it comes to non-compliance than the populist muppets down south who seem to now be reaping what they've sown. Really can't see it being open season on our terraces any time soon. But hope is always good.

32 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Don’t think fans on the terracing is a problem for our grade.

The real problem is changing facilities and no one is coming up with how we get round this !!!

We’ve just went too only 6 people from 2 households meeting indoors and were expecting 20 odd guys from all over the west of Scotland to meet up and get changed indoors … … It ain’t happening anytime soon and the sooner some people accept that and put a plan in place that is going to protect the majority of clubs at our level the better. Only a few and I mean a very small number will be able to meet any of the protocols that will be put in place.

And before the normal suspects start shouting about football being played in the SPFL there are testing on a weekly basis and are only allowed 6 in a dressing room and are using hospitality boxes and gyms to achieve this.

Oh and by the way just look at the numbers starting to rise exponentially and some areas got different lockdown rules from others 

Some people on here need to get a reality check football at our level ain’t starting anytime soon 

As we haven't heard it happening in England, I presume things have been okay, but surely the big risk is a player coming down with virus (or manager, or official), which then wipes out 1/2+ fixtures for that team, and everyone they've played in recent days.

I don't know if Track and Trace would consider those who have shared a football pitch with? (Changing rooms, cars, clubhouse etc. being different)

Its starting tomorrow....

The real problem is changing facilities and no one is coming up with how we get round this !!!
We’ve just went too only 6 people from 2 households meeting indoors and were expecting 20 odd guys from all over the west of Scotland to meet up and get changed indoors … … It ain’t happening anytime soon and the sooner some people accept that and put a plan in place that is going to protect the majority of clubs at our level the better. Only a few and I mean a very small number will be able to meet any of the protocols that will be put in place.
And before the normal suspects start shouting about football being played in the SPFL there are testing on a weekly basis and are only allowed 6 in a dressing room and are using hospitality boxes and gyms to achieve this.
Oh and by the way just look at the numbers starting to rise exponentially and some areas got different lockdown rules from others 
Some people on here need to get a reality check football at our level ain’t starting anytime soon 

Just now, Lobby Dossar said:

They aren't testing below the SPFL right now (training and friendly games).  I don't know if/when a decision will made for competitive senior football.

Officials have to be tested only if they are refereeing a match in which an SPL team is playing.

I.e Betfred Cup - Dundee Utd v Peterhead, officials tested.  For Peterhead v  Brechin they won't be

As it currently stands 

I honestly think fans could socially distance at our level, it's the players and staff that's the issue, players obviously will have close contact on the pitch and changing facilities would be difficult to manage, if a few players catch the virus my fear is the whole season could be wiped out.

As much as we all want football back for the right reasons as it’s all part of our lives there is too many ifs and butts which nobody can guarantee unfortunately no matter how hard we all try to put the correct protocols  etc in place . I think a lot of clubs are thinking the same thing especially with this being a new league set up and there is no point trying to kid on otherwise. It will only take 1 club to say we have serious reservations and there will be a load that will follow as that is the most sensible solution to the current situation 

Being pessimistic for a change,number of cases v number of deaths, and a probable return of a flu virus this winter - further lockdowns over Xmas will reap its own loss/rewards. Don't think covid19 will ever be gone totally, do we just manage things in future ? My other sporting loves of cricket and speedway both lose the entire season at what costs.  Maybe each club buys  a Larger washer and line the muddy players up against a wall 🛀

A vaccine that could be years away [emoji849]

Obviously the hope is mass antibody testing and a vaccine and until they are in place everything else is really just crossing fingers and toes and everything else crossable.

is it still the intention to begin non league on 11th october or is it put back three weeks like everything else. i would like other posters opinion but really want something official.
There was an article today in which Dave McKenna said the intention was still to start on 10th October but would be behind closed doors.