When are people going to realise that this season is a busted flush .

Till the new year we will be in and out of semi lockdown only today vast majority of central scotland one person cant go into another persons house yet semi professional football is going to come back in a month with fans aye right. 

Its ridiculous head in sand stuff from those clinging to something to help them get through this pandemic. 

Will come a point in december or new year where a decision will get made to just forget about this season as its far more hassle than its worth. 

Edited by rncaa

Absolute nonsense [emoji849]

When are people going to realise that this season is a busted flush .
Till the new year we will be in and out of semi lockdown only today vast majority of central scotland one person cant go into another persons house yet semi professional football is going to come back in a month with fans aye right. 
Its ridiculous head in sand stuff from those clinging to something to help them get through this pandemic. 
Will come a point in december or new year where a decision will get made to just forget about this season as its far more hassle than its worth. 

21 hours ago, jaggyness said:
23 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:
How many Glasgow Life Facilities are even opening up this weekend for games to be played? I know that doesn't effect the semi pros as such with them having their own private facilities but where are they going to train when the dark nights come in?
There's talk on twitter many of these facilities arent even planning to open.

Most teams have their own grounds so won't be an issue. Other than possibly getting grass cut. Gartcairn might be an exception but not in the know about their lease agreement.

I'll cut the grass at Gartcairn if they need help.

The Government are getting really worried about the rise in positive cases we are seeing. Looking at new lockdown measures which reduce the number of folk allowed to meet indoors.

I honestly think we are pissing in the wind here. I'll be astounded if grassroots football season kicks off as normal next month. It feels to me, reading between the lines of what the governments are saying, that we are closer to a more extreme lockdown again than measures being relaxed further.

Nobody's dying but you think we're heading for a more extreme lockdown [emoji849]

The Government are getting really worried about the rise in positive cases we are seeing. Looking at new lockdown measures which reduce the number of folk allowed to meet indoors.
I honestly think we are pissing in the wind here. I'll be astounded if grassroots football season kicks off as normal next month. It feels to me, reading between the lines of what the governments are saying, that we are closer to a more extreme lockdown again than measures being relaxed further.

7 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Nobody's dying but you think we're heading for a more extreme lockdown emoji849.png

Correct. Nobody is dying but over 1m people in Scotland have had additional lockdown measures imposed on them over the last week. The tone from Sturgeon and The UK Government is changing again, you can tell they are worried about the rise in cases.

If you're too thick to read between the lines about what comes next then I can't help you.

[emoji1787]

Correct. Nobody is dying but over 1m people in Scotland have had additional lockdown measures imposed on them over the last week. The tone from Sturgeon and The UK Government is changing again, you can tell they are worried about the rise in cases.
If you're too thick to read between the lines about what comes next then I can't help you.

Just give it a rest. You used to make some decent points but its same shit different day now.

Players and fans are desperate for football to resume if that's not for you them dont go when fans are allowed back.

Do the sensible thing close the gates for this season far more important things to be dealing with that non league football. 

4 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

Yes, being allowed to go and see a movie followed by a few beers and a bite to eat then jetting off abroad on holiday certainly sounds worse than what we had before. 

4 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

Thing is though this isn't rational if the number of deaths does not also undergo an uptick because all that's happening is that a far larger percentage of infections are being identified now than was the case back in April. Hopefully, what comes next is a bit like the Glasgow "lockdown". A cosmetic measure that keeps the hypochondriacs placated but doesn't get in the way of most things that have been opened up and doesn't get in the way of outdoor live events where social distancing for spectators can easily be achieved. If they are too draconian on that sort of thing there are votes to be lost amongst the silent majority and Nicola and co probably realise that as well.

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Thing is though this isn't rational if the number of deaths does not also undergo an uptick because all that's happening is that a far larger percentage of infections are being identified now than was the case back in April. Hopefully, what comes next is a bit like the Glasgow "lockdown". A cosmetic measure that keeps the hypochondriacs placated but doesn't get in the way of most things that have been opened up and doesn't get in the way of outdoor live events where social distancing for spectators can easily be achieved. If they are too draconian on that sort of thing there are votes to be lost amongst the silent majority and Nicola and co probably realise that as well.

I'm not saying I agree with further lockdown restrictions coming, I am just saying this is what I can see happening based on the number of positive test cases and the change in the tone from Sturgeon and the UK Government. There is no doubt they are really worried about the rise in cases, and they are looking at limiting the numbers of people meeting up indoors.

It has just been announced tonight that Bolton's hospitality sector is closing as of tonight and will only be opening for takeaways. Sturgeon looking at the rules around the numbers of people allowed to meet indoors also.

This will affect the grassroots game because there's no chance of us getting allowed inside a dressing room anytime soon. Turning up ready to play every week sounds lovely in theory but that simply won't work as we move into the winter months and it's pissing of rain most weeks.

You also have the social clubs impact if they start looking at closing down pubs again.

I genuinely think our game is f*cked for the foreseeable. If Darvel, Talbot and Pollok are all playing competitive league games next month I will be astounded. 

1 hour ago, andy25 said:

Just give it a rest. You used to make some decent points but its same shit different day now.

Players and fans are desperate for football to resume if that's not for you them dont go when fans are allowed back.

He wants the worst case scenario so that he can say, told you so, and blame it on the new committee.

This is tough for all people in positions of responsibility for others, not just Governments.

One thing which has improved is the identification of those people who have the disease and the way they are dealt with once this is known. Let's all hope that the number of deaths will be significantly reduced as a proportion to the numbers newly infected at this time and in future. It will still cause real damage to some people though.

In my view it is about at the stage where it is more important for people to be able to enjoy sport and leisure activities (whether participating or watching) than ever. If this means curtailing perceived over excesses in other ways e.g. partying and getting drunk etc so be it. Indeed. bring it on. 

Think everything depends on what sort of person you are, if it's 1) I demand to get bladdered before the game 2) I must stand with my 20 mates as close as poss 3) I'm not going to queue in the clubhouse and wait for a pint. Well that makes it difficult doesn't it. I realise that everything about the wonderful game isn't normal, and I'm willing to do whatever is required, whether I like it or not. Masks and distancing are 2 BIG factors, damn easy to follow 😷