Teams will be pulling out the season left right and centre,  shambolic league structure with no chance of finishing,  same for cups. 

Players having to change elsewhere,  drive home in car in gear? Clubs jumping through hoops, spending fortune to try complied with new rules with months of no games and guaranteed reduced crowds, the list goes on and on. Time to bin this season already for the sake of everyone. 

50 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I play fives with guys who get in their cars straight after the game and drive those sort of distances straight after year round without getting changed or showered. Wouldn't be for me but it's hardly impossible. 

When I used to referee at youth or amateur level I used to often do this if I thought there was even the slightest chance of getting hassle after the game, or if I wanted to get up the road to watch the football or whatever, or if the facilities weren't really up to it (f**k having a freezing cold trickling shower). It's not ideal, but if it was that or no game then I'd do it.

Absolute nonsense [emoji849]

Teams will be pulling out the season left right and centre,  shambolic league structure with no chance of finishing,  same for cups. 
Players having to change elsewhere,  drive home in car in gear? Clubs jumping through hoops, spending fortune to try complied with new rules with months of no games and guaranteed reduced crowds, the list goes on and on. Time to bin this season already for the sake of everyone. 

My first covid19 game today in Bristol was Almondsbury 2 Wincanton 1 in the Western League (step 6) players max 6 to changing rooms at one time, no showers. Half time team talk on pitch seemed ok. Fans on way in had temp check,hand sanitizer, and give your details. One way systems around the ground, only parents and children in the stand. Not the greatest distancing but I just found my space. No masks on fans except for me,almost the normal experience I'd say. 

So friendlies have to start with players not allowed in changing rooms , no showers and team talk in middle of the parks as well as no fans for now , never heard as much as nonsense in all my life , only thing that could be done is build a swimming pool next to park , everyone can get in there , watch the game , team talks could happen and players could shower and up the Road 🙄

Maybe clubs could install similar to airport scanners and sheep dips instead of turnstiles, found yesterday's game ok to attend. So long as the changing rooms and showers are thoroughly cleaned afterwards, no greater risk than being back at work or in a busy pub, supermarket.  Think the argument carries weight in the pro game if you're looking at 5,000+ people outside grounds, different situation requiring a different solution.

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

So friendlies have to start with players not allowed in changing rooms , no showers and team talk in middle of the parks as well as no fans for now , never heard as much as nonsense in all my life , only thing that could be done is build a swimming pool next to park , everyone can get in there , watch the game , team talks could happen and players could shower and up the Road 🙄

If players are happy to come stripped ready to play, if the managers are happy to do team talks on the pitch and if the players are then happy to go home without a shower well so be it........ but without fans there is no income and I think it’s a pipe dream if people think players are going to play for nothing. There will still be the issue of social distancing not just while watching the game but in the bar areas which generate income as well.

Edited by Ceejayar

4 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

How much money do Darvel have?

How many Glasgow Life Facilities are even opening up this weekend for games to be played? I know that doesn't effect the semi pros as such with them having their own private facilities but where are they going to train when the dark nights come in?

There's talk on twitter many of these facilities arent even planning to open.

How many Glasgow Life Facilities are even opening up this weekend for games to be played? I know that doesn't effect the semi pros as such with them having their own private facilities but where are they going to train when the dark nights come in?
Most teams have their own grounds so won't be an issue. Other than possibly getting grass cut. Gartcairn might be an exception but not in the know about their lease agreement.

3 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

Petetshill for one I would imagine will be struggling to train or play home games.

I'm sure a few Ayrshire teams will be affected by Greenwood being still closed 

4 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

Aye, if it's on Twitter it must be true.

Also been on Radio Scotland, I believe. The person who tweeted is a reporter with the Kilmarnock Standard.

Also, read the the COVID thread in the Premiership forum.

Edited by RedEd