3 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

The cashless payments is in regards to the payment of refs not punters paying in. Even at SPFL level the only part-time club I can re-call doing cashless admission is Clyde who iirc are cashless only.

I meant was he kidding that that was a problem. I knew he was talking about refs

From last night's FA Cup games, players came in cars (wearing masks, windows open supposedly)  some had 10 minute changing windows, team talk on the pitch. Fans mostly bought tickets online up to day before, track and traced, max 20 in clubhouse, distanced, all following a one way system. Showers were available afterwards but players were told to be quick - can't be 100% sure, just what I've been told 💣 from what I've seen, fans weren't distanced that much.

On the topic of cashless payments, Renfrew have just announced that they will be accepting card payments for admission next season. I'm sure we will see more offering it but given the demographics of this level in particular, we're a long way off making it totally cash free!

11 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

From last night's FA Cup games, players came in cars (wearing masks, windows open supposedly)  some had 10 minute changing windows, team talk on the pitch. Fans mostly bought tickets online up to day before, track and traced, max 20 in clubhouse, distanced, all following a one way system. Showers were available afterwards but players were told to be quick - can't be 100% sure, just what I've been told 💣 from what I've seen, fans weren't distanced that much.

😆😆😆

Edited by Crazy Feet

11 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

if thats the case be as well forgetting about the full thing , we are about to go into autumn and winter and lets have team talks on the pitch , just nonsense 

It is absolutely breathtaking how many folk on here absolutely raging at the possibility of having to make fairly minor and achievable adjustments to the matchday in order to actually get back to seeing their team play.

Having to send a bank transfer to the ref, which can be done in about 30 seconds? "IT'S JUST NOT FITBA".

Opening windows in the changing room? "AH IT'LL BE TOO CAULD".

It is absolutely breathtaking how many folk on here absolutely raging at the possibility of having to make fairly minor and achievable adjustments to the matchday in order to actually get back to seeing their team play.
Having to send a bank transfer to the ref, which can be done in about 30 seconds? "IT'S JUST NOT FITBA".
Opening windows in the changing room? "AH IT'LL BE TOO CAULD".
Complete fucking luddites that just want to moan. Basically arguing that team talks on the pitch or limited changing toom access are enough of a reason to call the whole season. Unsurprisingly it's all coming from the bitter old trolls who are just desparate to see the new setup fail.

If you were to offer every player, manager and fan a chance to play/watch football again in exchange for these concessions then it's a no brainer for anyone with a degree of sanity/rationality.

22 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

If you were to offer every player, manager and fan a chance to play/watch football again in exchange for these concessions then it's a no brainer for anyone with a degree of sanity/rationality.

Considering most of the back to training tweets that have gone about the past week that seems to be largely true. I'm sure there are some players that might sit out the season due to health concerns, as there are in other leagues/sports. Just not enough to derail a season being played.

Considering most of the back to training tweets that have gone about the past week that seems to be largely true. I'm sure there are some players that might sit out the season due to health concerns, as there are in other leagues/sports. Just not enough to derail a season being played.
Aye, definitely. They certainly won't be sitting it out in protest at the windows being kept open though!

Wonder how teams are getting round the training facilities headache?

Shared council Astros are still closed, private sites like Benburb and Renfrew fully booked.

Training at you own park will soon become impossible without lights.

Some " out the box "thinking required.

Edited by The Ilford Drummer

3 minutes ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

Wonder how teams are getting round the training facilities headache?

Shared council Astros are still closed, private sites like Benburb and Renfrew fully booked.

Training at you own park will soon become impossible without lights.

Some " out the box "thinking required.

The list of obstacles is endless. The just open the windows brigade can't see that though.

12 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

On the topic of cashless payments, Renfrew have just announced that they will be accepting card payments for admission next season. I'm sure we will see more offering it but given the demographics of this level in particular, we're a long way off making it totally cash free!

Buskers and Big Issue sellers are accepting cards - what's stopping football?

23 hours ago, rncaa said:

Its a total non starter. Clubs should look after long term future and pull out 2020-21.

No leadership here. 

Clubs wasting money on protocols for nothing,  no fans at friendlies, nightmare restrictions for any fan willing to chance any competitive game , most clubs wont meet requirements, shambolic league structure that many don't want and no proper credible alternative thats without the added problem of so many clubs not being be able to play this season. 

Most fans of a certain age wont be risking attending a game this season thats the reality.

A man 60 plus saying to his wife and or family i'm going to the non league football today , all that goes with it that will go down like a lead ballon in most sensible households. 

The mans wife is probably happy to sit in a bingo hall with 200 other folk! If fans are wearing scarfs/masks over their face then I see no reason why they wouldn’t attend

5 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

if thats the case be as well forgetting about the full thing , we are about to go into autumn and winter and lets have team talks on the pitch , just nonsense 

I fully concur. Absolutely diabolical that players won't be able to charge their phones in state of the art changing rooms that wouldn't look out of place in the SPL.