2 hours ago, Shanner said:

You're a weirdo, go away please. 

I'm not sure what I've posted to offend you and why you are trying to start an online fight so I'll put you on ignore and you can go on shouting at various randoms online in an attempt to make yourself look like a big man. Instead you are coming across as aliquis qui indoctior.

Cheerybye wee man!

Edited by Junior Pub League

2 hours ago, Brooklyn said:

Glasgow lockdown  (but pubs are to remain open)

You are welcome

Two points.

1. The virus is spreading most in household situations.  Track and trace makes this rather easy to confirm.

2. It’s the simplest and least damaging step to make.  If it isn’t effective, then pubs, gyms, etc will follow.

The beauty of this situation is that if the number drops, I’ll be correct and you can apologise, and if they don’t, then it wasn’t effective enough on it’s own, and you still won’t be correct.

Also, holding the position that the restrictions are ineffective/pointless whilst arguing that it’s a “lockdown” is a remarkable pursuit of outrageous logic.  Lots of points for taking on that fight.

Edited by HuttonDressedAsLahm

3 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

Two points.

1. The virus is spreading most in household situations.  Track and trace makes this rather easy to confirm.

2. It’s the simplest and least damaging step to make.  If it isn’t effective, then pubs, gyms, etc will follow.

The beauty of this situation is that if the number drops, I’ll be correct and you can apologise, and if they don’t, then it wasn’t effective enough on it’s own, and you still won’t be correct.

Also, holding the position that the restrictions are ineffective/pointless whilst arguing that it’s a “lockdown” is a remarkable pursuit of outrageous logic.  Lots of points for taking on that fight.

Point 1. Does your home have track and trace?  Supermarket?  Local Greggs?  Park?  Bookies?  Bingo hall?   How do you have the faintest idea how/where folk have become infected?

2.  A citywide lockdown for an infection increase of 0.08% is the simplest and "least damaging" step you think could be taken?  

Explain whats the outrageous logic?  Feel free to take the points you feel you will get 

1 hour ago, Innocent bystander said:

Any feedback from last night’s zoom meeting?

There is a real possibility that some clubs won't make the strict protocol on facilities.

This could lead to them having to ground share with ones who do.

Could see a scenario where it may be better for a club  to take a season out rather than ruin themselves trying to play under theses conditions.

In my humble opinion has to be  "all or nothing"

5 minutes ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

There is a real possibility that some clubs won't make the strict protocol on facilities.

This could lead to them having to ground share with ones who do.

Could see a scenario where it may be better for a club  to take a season out rather than ruin themselves trying to play under theses conditions.

In my humble opinion has to be  "all or nothing"

I think we are reaching the stage now were they need to just come out and tell us football is done until next year. There's simply too many obstacles in the way of grassroots football to get started and up and running again.

I think we are reaching the stage now were they need to just come out and tell us football is done until next year. There's simply too many obstacles in the way of grassroots football to get started and up and running again.

What are the obstacles can anybody provide a list?

10 hours ago, Brooklyn said:

Point 1. Does your home have track and trace?  Supermarket?  Local Greggs?  Park?  Bookies?  Bingo hall?   How do you have the faintest idea how/where folk have become infected?

2.  A citywide lockdown for an infection increase of 0.08% is the simplest and "least damaging" step you think could be taken?  

Explain whats the outrageous logic?  Feel free to take the points you feel you will get 

1.  Track and Trace.  The basics are that an infected person states who they have been in close proximity to recently.  This may include a workplace, pubs, home etc.  The tracer then makes contact with those people who are then tested.  Positive tests from those people are then triangulated to identify where transmission occurs.  

Hint: it's generally not in pubs, hence why they remain open.

I don't have the faintest idea - after all, it's literally not my job as I'm not in charge of Public Health Scotland.  And even more thankfully, neither are you.  The conclusion that it is within people's homes, has been shown quite widely and the FM has tweeted that detail this morning.  You are of course welcome to ignore it as your prerogative, but don't claim the information isn't available.

2. It's not a city-wide lockdown.  You just can't go to yer pals.

The restrictions can't both be ineffective whilst being a 'lockdown'.  Lockdown *literally* means no movement at all - you can't escalate a lockdown.  That is where your logic fails.

Anyway, a better Wednesday than a Tuesday for you.