The thing I find a bit strange is that you have all this social distancing /wearing masks when inside a changing room yet when the players go out onto a park that goes oot the window.
How do you man mark, set up a wall at a free kick, defend a corner etc without coming into close proximity with other players.
You’re  just as likely to catch the virus on the field as off it.
Its a crap shoot.
It's believed that the transmission rates outdoors are incredibly small. Hence all the publicity around indoor gatherings being curtailed if the current trend for increasing cases continues. The changing room issue is a far larger one I believe.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Check out what has happened on daily deaths for a clear picture of the real trend on COVID infections:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

New case numbers are a misleading measure of what's happening because you had to have severe symptoms to get tested back when the main peak was happening. Now a far larger percentage of new infections are being diagnosed.

Unless Nicola S goes completely mental there should be a season.

More tests = more cases. 

The main metric is number of deaths and people in ICU. Even though number of cases is looking high now, nobody is dying or in ICU. 

1 hour ago, jaggyness said:
2 hours ago, santheman said:
The thing I find a bit strange is that you have all this social distancing /wearing masks when inside a changing room yet when the players go out onto a park that goes oot the window.
How do you man mark, set up a wall at a free kick, defend a corner etc without coming into close proximity with other players.
You’re  just as likely to catch the virus on the field as off it.
Its a crap shoot.

It's believed that the transmission rates outdoors are incredibly small. Hence all the publicity around indoor gatherings being curtailed if the current trend for increasing cases continues. The changing room issue is a far larger one I believe.

I still think you’re more likely to catch it by standing 6 inches away from someone at a corner who is shouting the odds in your face than sitting 6 feet away from someone in a dressing room with a mask on

21 minutes ago, Juniorfootball123 said:

Oh dear 🥴

Hard to believe that some people still don't grasp the implications of 53 out of 67 WoS clubs being SJFA members and the entire north region being on the verge of tier 6 pyramid entry, i.e. you can now be junior and senior at the same time making the distinction largely meaningless. Being junior revolves around entry into a nonleague national cup competition similar to the FA Trophy or FA Vase in England something many/most pyramid enthusiasts have always wanted in a Scottish context. Time for people to finally turn the page on this stuff and start to move on.

4 hours ago, rncaa said:

The above is typical of on here where they play football on a internet webpage.  To suggest identify grounds suitable then try play multiple games at these grounds for 'first few round of games ' what kind of fantasy nononsense is this totally underestimating the size of this problem and totally not getting what non league football is all about. 

Dozens and dozens of non league clubs have no chance of starting this season in turn making it totally pointless for any team that can which will be lucky to be in double figures to play this season. 

Anyone with any common sense knows this we don't need to see goverment guidlines to know this. 

With cases rising as lockdown is easing football at this level has no chance this season as in the grand scheme of things its a minor issue. 

Praise indeed!

14 minutes ago, santheman said:

I still think you’re more likely to catch it by standing 6 inches away from someone at a corner who is shouting the odds in your face than sitting 6 feet away from someone in a dressing room with a mask on

A lot of the restrictions we have now are about stopping hypochondriacs from flipping their lids in huge numbers as much as anything else as that means losing votes at the next election. It isn't being driven by rationality a lot of the time. 

9 minutes ago, ToffeeTalbot said:

The news got me thinking. How do leagues manage if local lockdowns start to happen?

Hope the weather's awful and games would be postponed anyway :)

In the EoSFL update they were saying they're looking to have plans in place for a contingency. I'm sure the same will be true for the WoSFL.

The Highland League went the half-season route knowing they should be able to complete that in the time allowed. Doubt they could afford Aberdeen going into another lockdown with all the other considerations they have to factor in.

8 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Hope the weather's awful and games would be postponed anyway :)

In the EoSFL update they were saying they're looking to have plans in place for a contingency. I'm sure the same will be true for the WoSFL.

The Highland League went the half-season route knowing they should be able to complete that in the time allowed. Doubt they could afford Aberdeen going into another lockdown with all the other considerations they have to factor in.

Thanks for the info

I think the half season seems most sensible option as these outbreaks could happen regularly in different areas

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

A lot of the restrictions we have now are about stopping hypochondriacs from flipping their lids in huge numbers as much as anything else as that means losing votes at the next election. It isn't being driven by rationality a lot of the time. 

Really.  Please name all those absurd restrictions which are doing nothing.

13 minutes ago, ToffeeTalbot said:

Thanks for the info

I think the half season seems most sensible option as these outbreaks could happen regularly in different areas

Don't know how much these new restrictions will see them rethink things a little. Wouldn't surprise me if they stick with the full season plan and the contingency idea is to use any lockdown period to pivot to a half season.