I would suggest a solution would be to limit the numbers in changing facilities to a number which can adhere to social distance rules. So maybe 4,5 or 6 in the facility at any one time depending on the size of the room. Clean in between groups entering and leaving the facility. Nothing going to be ideal and extra time may be required for certain measures but we need to think outside the box sometimes if we truly want the football to survive.  
Does the 'dont meet indoors with members of more than 3 households' apply here?

So I believe. Arse covering paper exercise. Aware of amateur leagues over the years where facilities were inspected prior to acceptance into their league. Is the WOSFL not deemed  to be professional league?
Pretty sure those checks would not have been to cover reasonable adjustments in the event of a pandemic.

You dont really the WOSFL officials do you?

Does the 'dont meet indoors with members of more than 3 households' apply here?
Doesnt that guidance relate to social gatherings though. Clubs are more likely to be constrained by the rules covering employers and being able to demonstrate that they can put suitable mitigations in place.

The inconvenient truth of the matter is there are a number of clubs out there whose facilities simply aren't up to scratch and who must run the risk of being unable to compete this season.

Doesnt that guidance relate to social gatherings though. Clubs are more likely to be constrained by the rules covering employers and being able to demonstrate that they can put suitable mitigations in place.

The inconvenient truth of the matter is there are a number of clubs out there whose facilities simply aren't up to scratch and who must run the risk of being unable to compete this season.

It will be the rules and guidance covering buisness for the clubs (https://www.hps.scot.nhs.uk/web-resources-container/covid-19-guidance-for-non-healthcare-settings/) I am sure that any guidance from the SFA would be based on this which is used in any setting that is not healthcare related. Any industry specific guidance that has been created is based on this.

17 hours ago, santheman said:

Going to be a bigger problem for any teams who play in council owned grounds that need upgrading to meet criteria.

Will the councils be prepared to spend the money required or let clubs carry out any work themselves at their expense?

In terms of reopening these facilities it’s all very well saying games can recommence on a certain date but that would be subject to Councils being on board with it and I would also assume that it would be their protocols that would have to be followed in terms of sanitisation and social distancing in order to protect their employees.

Exactly its a none starter for the majority of non league. 

Even the proper senior leagues will struggle to get every club to finish the season. 

We have some games set for September in the Bristol and Suburban League ((below county level) with games for Reserve teams, whose 1st teams are in the County League. These dressing rooms aren't massive, so must be a plan of the maximum 6 at one time. Will look further into the Suburban League rules etc to find out their guidelines.

8 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

When are they planning to start ? 16 games is about 4 months football give or take a bad winter. Common sense as 32 games is a bit stiff starting after October.

17th October start. For their champion to finished in time for the SPFL playoff they'd be targeting a 17th April finish. Gives them 27 weekends to work with.

On 29/08/2020 at 13:17, Junior Pub League said:

This is a senior league champ, all those clubs that left the cesspit of the Juniors behind to further themselves with better opportunities and less racism.

oh dear, I'm getting creepy private messages from this oddity.

15 hours ago, Burmah Oil said:

South of Scotland meeting was today. Plan 10 October start. Home and Away league and two cups. Maybe more cups after Easter. From twitter.

East of Scotland update on their Facebook. October start. Home and Away league and one cup. Another cup for the conferences. Maybe more cups after Easter.

I think people really need to keep their powder dry here I don't think any leagues should even be providing provisional dates at the moment until the Scottish Government actually come out and detail in plain English exactly what measures need to be adhered to that will allow grassroots football to be played. 

In England I don't think council facilities are up and running yet and we are generally quite far behind them with the lifting of restrictions. 

My gut feeling is that we are more likely looking at next year. I think the governments are scared of a potential second wave coming in the winter.

Edited by Crazy Feet

I think people really need to keep their powder dry here I don't think any leagues should even be providing provisional dates at the moment until the Scottish Government actually come out and detail in plain English exactly what measures need to be adhered to that will allow grassroots football to be played. 
In England I don't think council facilities are up and running yet and we are generally quite far behind them with the lifting of restrictions. 
My gut feeling is that we are more likely looking at next year. I think the governments are scared of a potential second wave coming in the winter.

I don’t think it is impossible to get started now but it depends on how what the guidance is and if clubs can meet the guidance. For some clubs it may be difficult and there is going to be an expense (at a minimum they are going to have to have plenty of hand sanitiser and cleaning products).

The other thing to consider is that players, staff or committee members may wish to opt out. For example those with underlying health conditions may wish to not be involved in this season if they think the risk is to great which for clubs with smaller committees and playing pools could be an issue.

Hopefully the guidance gives some clarity but it will be a tight turn around for clubs.

1 minute ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

I don’t think it is impossible to get started now but it depends on how what the guidance is and if clubs can meet the guidance. For some clubs it may be difficult and there is going to be an expense (at a minimum they are going to have to have plenty of hand sanitiser and cleaning products).

The other thing to consider is that players, staff or committee members may wish to opt out. For example those with underlying health conditions may wish to not be involved in this season if they think the risk is to great which for clubs with smaller committees and playing pools could be an issue.

Hopefully the guidance gives some clarity but it will be a tight turn around for clubs.

The main issues I see are around the changing facilities. There's zero chance anytime soon you will be allowed to have 20 bodies inside a changing room at the one time, so how do we work around that? You could maybe allow 6 to go in at a time, but it's going to be farcical that way. Guys given 5 min slots to go in and get changed. What happens to the managers team talk if he can't get into the dressing room with all of his players? 

After the game, there might be guys who need to get away quickly to get to work for example. Do they get priority for getting into the changing room after the game? What if it's pissing down and you have 20 bodies standing outside waiting for their slot to go in for a shower / get changed?

Then, perhaps even more importantly, how will clubs fund themselves when they can't fill their social clubs with punters? Will they be able to survive on ticket revenue alone? Have all these clubs making signings all summer budgeted for the reduced revenue?

There's just many more questions than answers for me and we aren't getting clarity from the authorities, it's all very vague.

The main issues I see are around the changing facilities. There's zero chance anytime soon you will be allowed to have 20 bodies inside a changing room at the one time, so how do we work around that? You could maybe allow 6 to go in at a time, but it's going to be farcical that way. Guys given 5 min slots to go in and get changed. What happens to the managers team talk if he can't get into the dressing room with all of his players? 
After the game, there might be guys who need to get away quickly to get to work for example. Do they get priority for getting into the changing room after the game? What if it's pissing down and you have 20 bodies standing outside waiting for their slot to go in for a shower / get changed?
Then, perhaps even more importantly, how will clubs fund themselves when they can't fill their social clubs with punters? Will they be able to survive on ticket revenue alone? Have all these clubs making signings all summer budgeted for the reduced revenue?
There's just many more questions than answers for me and we aren't getting clarity from the authorities, it's all very vague.

All the issues there are valid and the only way to get a restart is with guidance and until they get the guidance out there to the clubs then we don’t know what the solutions are to these. I am sceptical that we can restart now but until we know what is in the guidance (which will have to have input from Public Health Scotland) then we are stuck guessing.

There are some practical solutions for some of these issues that hopefully will be included in the guidance but there will be bigger issues that may be insurmountable for some clubs.

Look at rugby league as an example. Some grounds are unable to meet the guidance so games are being played in central venues at the moment. At the weekend there all the games were played at Warrington, with Leeds and St Helens being used previously. I’m not suggesting this for football btw just showing that grounds can be ruled out at any level due to not meeting the conditions of restarting.

The changing room issue is going to be a big issue to deal with having visited many of the clubs changing rooms in the west not many would be able to accommodate any more than 6 safely with many not even at that number.