The virus isn't going away guys. So we get football back soon with the relevant measures in place and learn to live with the virus.
The alternative is our game dies. It's really that simple.

Not disputing any of what you have said other than clubs could suffer a financial hit anyway as most supports are of the older (more vulnerable) age group who may stay away and I fear we may loose some clubs no matter what.

I do agree that if clubs can reopen using the measure set out by the SFA/SG then they should but I do wonder how many clubs will be able to meet it after speaking to someone at my club.

Not disputing any of what you have said other than clubs could suffer a financial hit anyway as most supports are of the older (more vulnerable) age group who may stay away and I fear we may loose some clubs no matter what.

I do agree that if clubs can reopen using the measure set out by the SFA/SG then they should but I do wonder how many clubs will be able to meet it after speaking to someone at my club.
How do you or they know ? The Scottish Government and the SFA haven't issued any instructions or guidelines on what needs done to re-open stadiums at our level yet.

20 hours ago, Steven W said:

I don't who you are, but you're coming across as a bit of a bell end. Probably a nice person in real life though

Anyway, rather than let the thread be steered off at a tangent, I'll call it quits at that. Have a good day👍

I mean, you have him 100% banged to rights about being a bellend but his overarching point is valid. 

3 hours ago, glensmad said:
4 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

How do you or they know ? The Scottish Government and the SFA haven't issued any instructions or guidelines on what needs done to re-open stadiums at our level yet.

There a huge disparity between the standard of facilities across the West Region.  Frankly, the facilities at a number of grounds, particularly for officials was unacceptable before, never mind under the SPFL pyramid and COVID-19 regulations (which I grant we don’t yet know).

(Thinking of Kilwinning and Yoker until recently, never mind the likes of Largs...)

1 hour ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

There a huge disparity between the standard of facilities across the West Region.  Frankly, the facilities at a number of grounds, particularly for officials was unacceptable before, never mind under the SPFL pyramid and COVID-19 regulations (which I grant we don’t yet know).

(Thinking of Kilwinning and Yoker until recently, never mind the likes of Largs...)

Yoker’s facilities are almost on a par with Clydebank’s now.

Well, I believe some things have been discussed around changing rooms and temperature checks being carried out but there will obviously be more than that.

My point is that if there are restrictions on numbers in changing rooms and more space being required then some clubs might struggle knowing the size of some changing rooms. If it turns that facilities aren’t an issue then that is a major hurdle to restarting.

I listened to David McCraken (Falkirk co-manager) being interviewed last night and he was saying that they had to hold their team meetings while sitting in the stand and not in the changing rooms.

53 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Well, I believe some things have been some discussion around changing rooms and temperature checks being carried out but there will obviously be more than that.

My point is that if there are restrictions on numbers in changing rooms and more space being required then some clubs might struggle knowing the size of some changing rooms. If it turns that facilities aren’t an issue then that is a major hurdle to restarting.

I listened to David McCraken (Falkirk co-manager) being interviewed last night and he was saying that they had to hold their team meetings while sitting in the stand and not in the changing rooms.

Having been in the Falkirk Stadium's dressing rooms  I would reckon they are significantly bigger than those at most, if not all, West of Scotland League club grounds.

1 hour ago, TheLad said:

I would bet that, for any pre season games at least, there will be no use of changing facilities for games at this level.
Players will have to turn up ready, no showers after etc.
Arrive, play, go home.

How does that work if it's pissing of rain on a coo field? Just jump back in the car bogging and drive up the road? 

So no fans for test event this week at celtic,  cases will rise and we will still get deaths now and again which will result in no non league football before january as fans at non league level simply wont be allowed in its almost september after all. 

4 hours ago, TheLad said:

I would bet that, for any pre season games at least, there will be no use of changing facilities for games at this level.
Players will have to turn up ready, no showers after etc.
Arrive, play, go home.

Can we stop treating this as if they are kids going to a training session on a Wednesday night?  Either the facilities will need to be offered, and the guidelines adhered to, or the guidelines will need to be adjusted due to the fact that the facilities won’t support it.

Or, football below the Lowland League just might not happen in October.  

On 25/08/2020 at 13:13, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

The facilities at yoker and Iargs are particularly bad for social distancing and laughable not in a good way. 

31 minutes ago, glazer said:

So no fans for test event this week at celtic,  cases will rise and we will still get deaths now and again which will result in no non league football before january as fans at non league level simply wont be allowed in its almost september after all. 

West Juniors are still dead.

Third different new name this week. [emoji849]

3 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Aye, they can have a bath on Sunday if they still need one.

Maybe we could make use of  redundant farmers and have sheep dips for players after the game. Down in 'get on with it' England, players are turning up and then going straight after the game, mud and all, taking their kit home to wash or burn.

21 hours ago, glazer said:

The facilities at yoker and Iargs are particularly bad for social distancing and laughable not in a good way. 

New changing facility for match officials in place at Holm Park and ( hopefully ) ready for start of season. 

Edited by BANKIEBILL

https://wosfl.co.uk/restart-update-27th-august/

A productive and informative meeting was held on Tuesday morning between the Scottish FA, SLFL, SHFL, EoSFL, SoSFL, WoSFL and Affiliated National Associations.

Clubs have been reminded of the importance of the new Covid Officer role and the need to maintain the basic hygiene rules which are still 100% in place.

The indicative date for a decision on “local” friendlies is 11th September, with effective date of 14th September. All friendly game requests must be approved by relevant organisation prior to taking place. Guidelines in respect of what “local” means will be issued shortly.

We are now in process of agreeing the match day protocols around these games. Once agreed they will be issued to explain the detail and the absolute necessity to follow these to the letter.

There will be a validation process – basically clubs will need to be approved to play these games. There are major issues around the use of changing rooms and the question of spectators has still to be addressed.

We have also agreed a provisional start date for competitive matches of 10th October and fixtures will now be compiled. As ever this is subject to any changes in the overall picture.

However , the main message from the meeting is to remind everyone that we are in first instance dealing with a public health issue, with legal ramifications and then mandatory football protocols, all of which need to be followed.

We can get our game back, which will be very different, at least in the short term, and we all need to work together to achieve this.