All systems go down here in England, fixtures coming out fairly soon for some leagues. Conditions in place for clubhouses, catering stuff and distancing around grounds. Not sure how players are turning up changed etc, but most clubs look keen to restart soon. Think they are erring on the side of caution and hoping that no club gets an increase in cases around the area after a game. Time will tell I guess. Was planning a return to Scotland in November but doesn't look positive so far 👎

Was hearing fans might be allowed in to the rugby

It’s a limited capacity test event (if it gets signed off) at murrayfield between Edinburgh & Glasgow with only Edinburgh ticket holders being allowed in a spread all over the stadium. There was supposed to be 2 with the other one being Scotland v Israel but UEFA have kiboshed that one.

It's good they are making the distinction between elite sports and recreational and our non league system in Scotland should fall under recreational, same goes for other sports with clubs with close local connections.

Getting Scottish football going at this level with the supporters back is a no brainer and with the precautions and with proper systems in place, why is this not the case already? At this level Football clubs should have their players back training preparing for the new season and supporters should be looking forward to getting back to watch and support their club. There is a complete lack of understanding the various circumstances and levels in sport around this country and it we are well past this one shoe fits all mentality.

It’s not the case already as it is not a priority right now. Having been involved in getting a sector back up and running its not as simple as people make out.

Clubs will have to consider the following

Overall risk assessment;

Individual risk assessments for all staff;

Health and Safety of all players and supporters;

How bringing supporters back in can be monitored;

How all of this links with Test, Track & Trace;

What mitigation’s can be put in to lessen the 2m rule;

A full cleaning routine with guidance provided.

An example being the that home teams will be unable to use only the home dressing room without mitigation’s as it would be almost impossible to have everyone in the changing rooms. So they will need both changing rooms and that means where do the away team change and what facilities would they have access too.

I’m not saying it’s impossible or that we should wait until it is 100% safe, but for clubs at our level there are a lot of hurdles to cross before we can get to a position of opening back up. I would expect that the SFA will wait until they have had some test events or maybe a month of having the SPFL Prem having small amounts of fans in and see if there is any lessons that can be filtered down.

Edited to add: You only have to look at the issues baseball is having with 2 team effectively having to sit out for weeks due to not having proper processes in place.

How are they doing it in England then, if it's so difficult up here ? They have about ten times the infection rate.

Because the Scottish Government are pursuing an elimination strategy and in England and Wales are going for a live with the virus strategy.

Because the Scottish Government are pursuing an elimination strategy and in England and Wales are going for a live with the virus strategy.
The Scottish Government will be onto a loser then, with travel between Scotland and the rest of the UK so open and easy.

How are they doing it in England then, if it's so difficult up here ? They have about ten times the infection rate.

No idea. The key thing for anything to reopen is the risk assessments especially the individual ones.

Clubs (and business in general) would leave themselves wide open if something was to happen and these things weren’t done.

49 minutes ago, glensmad said:

In a previous post I set out what the SPFL teams have in place re changing facilities, until this is relaxed and new regulation put in place for them we are not going to see any football

Tell me what’s the difference between 22 players kicking a ball about at Parkhead/Ibrox than 22 players kicking a ball about at say Auchinleck/Arthurlie 

6 minutes ago, stuart87 said:

An SNP government will always tend to do something different from Westminster just for the sake of having Scotland different from Ingerlund. They will be playing it very safe as much as possible over the next few weeks to try to have the coronavirus numbers a lot lower than in England to be able to push a look we would be better off independent agenda. Once one country is doing something in a way that's proving to be popular though the other government is likely to soon be doing the same because all politicians really care about is approval ratings and geting reelected. Enough emails and phonecalls to SNP MSPs to show them that the issue of getting part-time fitba up and running is a hot button one should do the trick. New virus clusters that get linked by the media to what's happening down in England that way could still slow things down a bit but probably not drastically.

In a previous post I set out what the SPFL teams have in place re changing facilities, until this is relaxed and new regulation put in place for them we are not going to see any football
Tell me what’s the difference between 22 players kicking a ball about at Parkhead/Ibrox than 22 players kicking a ball about at say Auchinleck/Arthurlie 

The players, coaches and officials at Parkhead/Ibrox are being tested twice a week.

1 minute ago, paul-r-cfc said:
41 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

The players, coaches and officials at Parkhead/Ibrox are being tested twice a week.

All the more reason that they shouldn’t have to go through all the palaver wi the changing rooms 

I would say them getting tested and having all the restrictions in place regarding changing rooms makes it worse for us !!!

All the more reason that they shouldn’t have to go through all the palaver wi the changing rooms 
I would say them getting tested and having all the restrictions in place regarding changing rooms makes it worse for us !!!

Testing isn’t required in most workplaces, but the risk assessments for the staff are. These can look at mitigations to working a safe manor. The point is that if clubs can show through these risk assessments that they can minimise the risks (you cannot make things completely safe) and then we can get back to enjoying football. The difficulty I see is how they can minimise the risks sufficiently when the costs could be prohibitive.

The South West Peninsula League announce fixtures for September with Max crowds of 150  rising to 300 after a month or so. A 33% of capacity being allowed. Think clubs are trying clubhouses as per pubs, 2m signs on the pitch barrier, with cleaning stuff at the entrance. Trying to find out what they're doing with changing rooms etc.