I think it would be prudent to have a capacity set for each ground and just advance ticket it to that limit. There is always the danger of the odd club unused to decent crowds seeing a potential payday going to waste, just saying "f**k it" and letting the floodgates open however - the league may have to initiate spot checks on pain of a hefty fine for clubs that have just ripped up the playbook.

How do we do that but? Would a league official have to attend every game being played to ensure this was being adhered to? I mean there's always the old method of trusting clubs to do the right thing but Scottish football is full of controversy and scandals so there would be clubs covering up any wrongdoing if left in charge I'd think

as i have said before letting supporters in is not the problem at this level. social distancing in changing rooms , hospitality and refreshments are .   without the last  two it is impossible  to keep clubs solvent as gate receipts are not enough to  cover outlay.
Aye that's the difficult part , obviously theres no way players can social distance , but could measures be put in place for social clubs or would that not be enough income when limiting numbers?

6 minutes ago, LeeKRR1878 said:

How do we do that but? Would a league official have to attend every game being played to ensure this was being adhered to? I mean there's always the old method of trusting clubs to do the right thing but Scottish football is full of controversy and scandals so there would be clubs covering up any wrongdoing if left in charge I'd think

Easy enough, I'd have thought with a couple of officials visiting two or three grounds each matchday with no prior warning - you wouldn't need an official at every game, just the knowledge made common that if you happen to be one of the ones spot-checked and are over the numbers you've been cleared for you'll be fined whatever you made at the gate that day and a fair bit on top of that.

Easy enough, I'd have thought with a couple of officials visiting two or three grounds each matchday with no prior warning - you wouldn't need an official at every game, just the knowledge made common that if you happen to be one of the ones spot-checked and are over the numbers you've been cleared for you'll be fined whatever you made at the gate that day and a fair bit on top of that.
Aye well right enough, would mean clubs who were thinking about going against the advice would think twice if they were unaware who might turn up

And toilets are also an issue anyway at non-league grounds, let alone in a health pandemic!

What seems to be missed time and again as well about SPFL restarting is that they are testing all players twice weekly in top flight and the 3 lower tiers have been given £50k to do their testing this seaon - we cannot do that and until that is no longer a requirement we are not kicking any balls competitively.

Is it just me ? . I’m fed up listening to people complaining about getting a start date for football. There are people dying all over the world and other people putting there self at risk trying to keep the country  running and help save lives and all some can moan about is a game if fitba . There is nobody loves there football as much as myself but come on guys give it a break. I seriously think that there should be no football to next season now and make sure everybody gets through this safely. Keep safe everybody 

10 minutes ago, timeforchange said:

Is it just me ? . I’m fed up listening to people complaining about getting a start date for football. There are people dying all over the world and other people putting there self at risk trying to keep the country  running and help save lives and all some can moan about is a game if fitba . There is nobody loves there football as much as myself but come on guys give it a break. I seriously think that there should be no football to next season now and make sure everybody gets through this safely. Keep safe everybody 

there are also people going on long haul flights to foreign beach holidays and getting pissed in pubs, and playing competitive football presents no impediment to anyone who is working to keep the country running. 

Also, no football until next season will see scores of clubs wiped off the map never to return. 

Folk are bored and just wanting to talk about these things instead of thinking about covid , if league 2 can start what's the big difference in our league starting

Players keep their own kit, turn up alone in their cars, go home to shower. Fans buy tickets in advance, socially distanced around the ground, behave properly at snack bars etc. As with St.Mirren recently, makes testing a bit of a mockery when it can't be trusted. Personally I can't see grassroots,non lge with supporters coming back until next year, after say  15 games have been played - no problems found.

Players keep their own kit, turn up alone in their cars, go home to shower. Fans buy tickets in advance, socially distanced around the ground, behave properly at snack bars etc. As with St.Mirren recently, makes testing a bit of a mockery when it can't be trusted. Personally I can't see grassroots,non lge with supporters coming back until next year, after say  15 games have been played - no problems found.
Do you think alot of clubs could go under by that time?

Be interesting, guessing most clubs still have expenses to pay somehow. Looks like the Donate a ticket had best keep going until we're allowed back in ! Am surprised we haven't heard of clubs on the brink, even now. Quite a few have moved to a lower level down here in England, finances dictate.

3 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:
10 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Do you think alot of clubs could go under by that time?

The main problem is going to be with clubs overly reliant on gate receipts - they clearly will struggle. Well-sponsored clubs that haven't overextended themselves in terms of wages over and above their actual pulling power will be fine, I'd imagine.

Running costs aren't as much of an issue for most junior clubs at the moment, when compared to the senior teams. Run by volunteers so no need to worry about paying staff to allow things to keep ticking over while play is suspended. Most clubs also either own their ground or rent a facility from another club or the council, money they won't be paying while they aren't using it. Some clubs also received small business grants of thousands.

In terms of wages, most clubs were able to take advantage of the furlough scheme and are under no obligation to top up the remaining 20%, meaning their outgoings aren't massive right now. That will obviously change in the event of playing behind closed doors, which is of course, not viable at this level.

Obviously I'm well aware that plenty of clubs will be struggling, but like every sector of the economy right now, the full scale of the damage won't be apparent until the furlough scheme ends.

1 hour ago, Talbot supporter said:
2 hours ago, timeforchange said:

Folk are bored and just wanting to talk about these things instead of thinking about covid , if league 2 can start what's the big difference in our league starting

They have to test their players at £1000 a week! We cannot. It is not rocket science.

8 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

you_three_gentlemen.png

6 hours ago, Shanner said:

Could not be as simple as getting a couple of extra portacabins in for extra changing facilities and hospitality? 

Don’t think social distancing is a problem it’s toilets even in top level football. Money coming in to clubs from sponsors must be dependant on whether they are up and running full pelt during covid

Be interesting, guessing most clubs still have expenses to pay somehow. Looks like the Donate a ticket had best keep going until we're allowed back in ! Am surprised we haven't heard of clubs on the brink, even now. Quite a few have moved to a lower level down here in England, finances dictate.
Maybe the donate a ticket scheme is going to have to be the best way forward at present to have football played and to reduce numbers in the ground and not cripple clubs.

It might piss off a few people paying each week and not getting to actually watch their team, however I think most supporters would actually understand that it would help their clubs.

Maybe clubs could set up a sort of periscope sort of thing so fans could still watch?