Here we are again with harping back to how the juniors did it. That's not what I'm saying. Regardless of what you think of the poster currently known as ballermk, he has a point there when he refers to the fact that in a 20 club league there could be two or three games in a week. IMO standardising an adult and concession in the same league gives supporters of what is essentially grassroots football a simple gauge about what they can afford. Clubs can still choose to implement value measures if they wish but I see no harm in a standard price.

As for the "asking for bother" comment, perhaps that was a bit dramatic on my part!

Two or three games in a week is nothing unusual for this level of football in Scotland, and I don't think a £1 increase is going to have much (if any) effect on the crowd. The prices in the old WRSJFA leagues had been the same for a number of years, so I don't anticipate many complaints, especially as many clubs are upgrading their facilities as well now.

2 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Two or three games in a week is nothing unusual for this level of football in Scotland, and I don't think a £1 increase is going to have much (if any) effect on the crowd. The prices in the old WRSJFA leagues had been the same for a number of years, so I don't anticipate many complaints, especially as many clubs are upgrading their facilities as well now.

You're right but it's not the increase I'm talking about. It's the knowing how much it is going to be regardless of the opposition.

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

You're right but it's not the increase I'm talking about. It's the knowing how much it is going to be regardless of the opposition.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:
2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

As long as it's well enough advertised I don't think it'll be a problem.

This.    It should be very easy to find out in advance how much you expect to pay to get in.  We're not in 1950 anymore.  

Again most people in here detached from reality in a little bubble where everything sounds great in the online sphere. 
Prices will have went up twice in a short period of time for junior supporters some may say ah its not a lot but in a post pandemic world where money will be incredibly tight and prices for everything at a football match not just match ticket are going up as well as clubs looking for more and more supporter help in fundraising then its another blow to the supporter.
Who knows where it will end add to that two three games a week its a lot of extra money for some people to find for a product that isn't anything better than what they were watching before if anything worse as the lose of major cup for some and the juniors identity making the majority of supporters think is it worth even going now especially as general health concerns that will linger for a while thats not be even mentioning the general bland faceless inexperienced people of our west clubs supposedly leading us through everything. 
Very much worrying times. 

Is this name going to get to 2 weeks Trafford pmsl 3 games in a week lol, I remember teams 14 games in a month and it didn’t affect the crowd if you were a true junior fan that u claim u wud know that.
Juniors are gone be n the west let it go and find another hobby than trolling p and b

Doesn't this junior stuff ever end ? Just go and watch the North Juniors and enjoy yourselves. Suppose having just a few graders who won't embrace change isn't too bad - imagine if all the clubs came out with the same stuff all the time 😨 With the prices I'd like the leagues to say  prior to the season, the maximum that it's clubs can charge across the board. If anyone below the spfl charges £10 can anyone really complain ? Sure most clubs do concessions.

57 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Can anyone produce Bullshit Bingo cards for all the standard phrases of traffordab/ballermk/whatever name he's using today ? It'll make reading his posts even more entertaining than they already are.

Have at, but you owe me. That's two minutes of my life I'm not getting back.

Untitled.jpg

On 21/07/2020 at 08:54, glensmad said:
On 21/07/2020 at 08:37, jimbaxters said:

As long as it's well enough advertised I don't think it'll be a problem.

Do clubs have to charge same price for every league game once they decide  ? If so admission prices for every club could be posted on websites and on here so people would know in advance whether it's one pie or two from games that day.

51 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Have at, but you owe me. That's two minutes of my life I'm not getting back.

Untitled.jpg

I'd have added "boys club coach" in honour of @Bestsinceslicebread.

And "defiantly".

Edited by Sunrise

Do clubs have to charge same price for every league game once they decide  ? If so admission prices for every club could be posted on websites and on here so people would know in advance whether it's one pie or two from games that day.
Yes

1 hour ago, Marten said:

Thanks for adding "Dutch". 😀

Well, I remember one of his previous incarnations arguing the point that someone born outside Scotland couldn't understand the Juniors, because it wasn't in their DNA.

Or something.

He made a similar argument about English groundhoppers more recently, so they're in there too :)

No doubt he'll just ignore having the urine ripped right out of him and he'll come back saying the same stuff yet again. [emoji23]

I wonder which ex-junior stalwart he actually is, or who is pulling his strings ?

15 minutes ago, glensmad said:

No doubt he'll just ignore having the urine ripped right out of him and he'll come back saying the same stuff yet again. emoji23.png

I wonder which ex-junior stalwart he actually is, or who is pulling his strings ?

Who knows? Initially I imagined it might be that nutcase that started that "realjuniorfitbafurrealjuniormen" echo chamber forum that died on its arse...not even sure if it's still going.

I would say the smart money's on him being a disaffected supporter of one of the traditional big Ayrshire teams - not Kilwinning lol! - based on his particular disdain for Darvel, a club who let's be honest recently haven't really needed any help generating their own negative publicity, but whose recent coming into money and steadfast refusal to "know their place" perhaps threatens the established order down that way.