What the ordinary punters can't afford an extra £1?    Think this is the recommended price for the WOSFL
There is no "recommended price for the WoSFL". The clubs can charge whatever they want as long as it is the same for every home league game.

I think you'll probably find most Premier clubs charging £7 and £4 or similar. 

Vale of Leven in the conferences will be charging £6 and £3, which I imagine will be pretty similar throughout the conferences as well, but yeah, teams can set their own prices, no more league requirements 

1 hour ago, glensmad said:
2 hours ago, Nikos K said:
What the ordinary punters can't afford an extra £1?    Think this is the recommended price for the WOSFL

There is no "recommended price for the WoSFL". The clubs can charge whatever they want as long as it is the same for every home league game.

I sound like I'm traffordab these days but that's another cop out. Surely there should be an agreement across the board. At least within tier 6 and maybe a bit lower within tier 7. Leaving it up to clubs is just asking for bother. It's not the EPL.

Maybe clubs will get together and decide if the management committee has no desire to.

2 hours ago, Nikos K said:

I was just being a sarcastic dick. The prices are a clear bargain but there was always discontent because people were scared we'd be paying through the nose when turning senior. 

13 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

I sound like I'm traffordab these days but that's another cop out. Surely there should be an agreement across the board. At least within tier 6 and maybe a bit lower within tier 7. Leaving it up to clubs is just asking for bother. It's not the EPL.

Maybe clubs will get together and decide if the management committee has no desire to.

As far as i'm aware league fixtures for the SPFL, LL, HL, EoSFL and SoSFL don't set a ticketing price across the board. Its entirely up to the clubs.

It's not a cop-out at all. It's the way things are done at senior level from the SPFL to the tier 7 leagues throughout the country. Just because the juniors did it differently it doesn't mean that's the way we have to keep doing it.

5 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

I agree with others that clubs should decide for themselves. There won't be a massive difference amongst clubs. Clubs won't suddenly start charging £ 10 for tier 6/7 football as that will clearly not help attract enough people. In the same way clubs won't suddenly start charging only £ 2 as they need to make some money, but some flexibility for the clubs so they can make their own choice seems fair enough to me.

15 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

As long as clubs don't rip off travelling fans from the well supported clubs. So if its £7 for one set of supporters then its £7 for every other teams travelling support.

The tier A/B/C pricing of games you get in the SPFL Premier won't happen. A club is bound to the prices they've set regardless of who they're playing that week.

5 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

There is agreement across the board - the agreement is that all senior clubs can set their own prices for the season ;)

Only the Juniors set prices for each league (now £6 for everyone in what's left of the East Region). But what bother has this freedom caused for the senior clubs?

Four EOS clubs had gone up to £7 last season (maybe we need a list of WOS prices...)

As long as clubs don't rip off travelling fans from the well supported clubs. So if its £7 for one set of supporters then its £7 for every other teams travelling support.

Why do the clubs in each league not get together and agree admission prices for their league they could do this before the start of each season

Why do the clubs in each league not get together and agree admission prices for their league they could do this before the start of each season

The clubs have discussed prices and possibly standardising it across the leagues, but there was no agreement to change the rules which state that the clubs can charge what they want as long as it is the same for every league match all season. 

Again most people in here detached from reality in a little bubble where everything sounds great in the online sphere. 

Prices will have went up twice in a short period of time for junior supporters some may say ah its not a lot but in a post pandemic world where money will be incredibly tight and prices for everything at a football match not just match ticket are going up as well as clubs looking for more and more supporter help in fundraising then its another blow to the supporter.

Who knows where it will end add to that two three games a week its a lot of extra money for some people to find for a product that isn't anything better than what they were watching before if anything worse as the lose of major cup for some and the juniors identity making the majority of supporters think is it worth even going now especially as general health concerns that will linger for a while thats not be even mentioning the general bland faceless inexperienced people of our west clubs supposedly leading us through everything. 

Very much worrying times. 

1).  You can’t IMO just box every club the same just because they play in the same league.  Clubs are in different positions on facilities etc.

2). It allows greater flexibility for clubs. Want to charge a student rate, go ahead.  Discounts for local SPFL ticket holders, your choice.  Free u5, u12, u16. Part of the boys club, in you come.   Different clubs might have different scenarios and different demographics they want to target.

3). Clubs at this level are mostly democratic , turn up to you AGM and have your say on what the price should be.   Having individual clubs set their own price allows fans voice listened to more.  Changing your own clubs price involves convincing 1 committee,  under the junior system you need to convince 30+

Edited by parsforlife

16 hours ago, glensmad said:
17 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

It's not a cop-out at all. It's the way things are done at senior level from the SPFL to the tier 7 leagues throughout the country. Just because the juniors did it differently it doesn't mean that's the way we have to keep doing it.

Here we are again with harping back to how the juniors did it. That's not what I'm saying. Regardless of what you think of the poster currently known as ballermk, he has a point there when he refers to the fact that in a 20 club league there could be two or three games in a week. IMO standardising an adult and concession in the same league gives supporters of what is essentially grassroots football a simple gauge about what they can afford. Clubs can still choose to implement value measures if they wish but I see no harm in a standard price.

As for the "asking for bother" comment, perhaps that was a bit dramatic on my part!

Edited by jimbaxters

11 hours ago, ballermk said:

Again most people in here detached from reality in a little bubble where everything sounds great in the online sphere. 

Prices will have went up twice in a short period of time for junior supporters some may say ah its not a lot but in a post pandemic world where money will be incredibly tight and prices for everything at a football match not just match ticket are going up as well as clubs looking for more and more supporter help in fundraising then its another blow to the supporter.

Who knows where it will end add to that two three games a week its a lot of extra money for some people to find for a product that isn't anything better than what they were watching before if anything worse as the lose of major cup for some and the juniors identity making the majority of supporters think is it worth even going now especially as general health concerns that will linger for a while thats not be even mentioning the general bland faceless inexperienced people of our west clubs supposedly leading us through everything. 

Very much worrying times. 

As you despise the "grade" traitor former Junior clubs who have bettered themselves by becoming senior and leaving behind the cesspit of the Juniors, why do you care?

Its not like you'll be attending any of the games.