We have a no leadership here west junior clubs left wondering what the hell is going on and 'run' by people who have no clue on what these clubs are all about and basically spokesman unofficially on here who has been tasked with trying frantically to clear things up which isn't working at all. 

We have a no leadership here west junior clubs left wondering what the hell is going on and 'run' by people who have no clue on what these clubs are all about and basically spokesman unofficially on here who has been tasked with trying frantically to clear things up which isn't working at all. 

The only lack of leadership is from the SJFA. The WoSFL don't need to inform anybody about anything to do with the SJC as it's none of their business.

20 minutes ago, glensmad said:
29 minutes ago, ballermk said:

The only lack of leadership is from the SJFA. The WoSFL don't need to inform anybody about anything to do with the SJC and it's none of their business.

True. The SJFA couldn't run a bath. Everyone knows it will be badly organised. I assume the SJFA will wait until the fixture list is out from the WoSFL and then try to fixture it.

True. The SJFA couldn't run a bath. Everyone knows it will be badly organised. I assume the SJFA will wait until the fixture list is out from the WoSFL and then try to fixture it.
And they'll probably find no free Saturdays.

37 minutes ago, glensmad said:
40 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

And they'll probably find no free Saturdays.

Of course not. Why would there be? Unless there is some dialogue between the two associations. Are relations in a good state?

Of course not. Why would there be? Unless there is some dialogue between the two associations. Are relations in a good state?
I don't know if there are any communications. Normally the SJC dates are set by the SJFA and the region's fixtures were built around them. That won't be the case this time.

2 hours ago, glensmad said:
2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

I don't know if there are any communications. Normally the SJC dates are set by the SJFA and the region's fixtures were built around them. That won't be the case this time.

The SJFA could presumably set dates by which the SJC fixtures need to be played and if teams don't manage, then they'd be deemed to have scratched from the competition. Not ideal, but a pragmatic way to keep the competition moving, otherwise it will never get finished if they're waiting for free Saturdays.

6 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

The SJFA could presumably set dates by which the SJC fixtures need to be played and if teams don't manage, then they'd be deemed to have scratched from the competition. Not ideal, but a pragmatic way to keep the competition moving, otherwise it will never get finished if they're waiting for free Saturdays.

And following on from that, the historical precedent is that when a club fails to fulfill a fixture they are automatically disqualified from entry from the following year's competition.

Will that still be the case, or will allowances be made at the expense of the rump junior clubs in order to keep the West big hitters part of things?

11 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

And following on from that, the historical precedent is that when a club fails to fulfill a fixture they are automatically disqualified from entry from the following year's competition.

Will that still be the case, or will allowances be made at the expense of the rump junior clubs in order to keep the West big hitters part of things?

I see your thinking but what would be the point of that? The only reason the SJFA are doing this is to keep a semblence of relevance so to impose that rule at the risk of the new WoSFL clubs breaking them would be folly.

31 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

I see your thinking but what would be the point of that? The only reason the SJFA are doing this is to keep a semblence of relevance so to impose that rule at the risk of the new WoSFL clubs breaking them would be folly.

I personally think they'll U-turn on that rule for that reason, but I've no doubt doing so will alienate the remaining  "proper" junior clubs in the North and East, so the SJFA are in a no-win situation in that respect.

With the top division having that crazy 38-game schedule to fit into what will of necessity be a truncated season in 20-21, there simply won't be spare Saturdays to fit in SJC games.

On 16/07/2020 at 00:04, DanMan said:

It would need to get moved to 1.45 .. So what is the point ??

Eh? If you're saying it shouldn't be 2.30 or 3pm because it will need to get moved to 1.45 or 1.30pm in the winter - then surely it can't be 2pm either? Since that also needs to be moved, according to your logic why not just play 1.30 all season long!

19 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

Bit of a trek for Darvel but they can play midweek at Broughty, as can Auchinleck with their new lights!

Though given that the Tayside clubs will be playing in a 17 team league (unless they also go for a split or two divisions) will the East and North even have space for a Junior Cup in 20-21? Could see it taking a year off and the semis/final played a year after they were supposed to.

34 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Though given that the Tayside clubs will be playing in a 17 team league (unless they also go for a split or two divisions) will the East and North even have space for a Junior Cup in 20-21? Could see it taking a year off and the semis/final played a year after they were supposed to.

I'm pretty sure the East / North Juniors & SJFA will want a 2020-21 Junior Cup, the clubs will be eyeing those guarantees.

They don't usually have their first round until September and they've just lost a round through the number of clubs that have left. I think they also scrapped replays as part of the changes so that minimises disruption as well. The East will have lost a round from some of their cup competitions with the departures on top of that. Plus they've the option of not having one of their cups for the year as well.

Other than the East Region Champion play-off, league wise there isn't that great a concern of finishing at a certain time.

I'm pretty sure the East / North Juniors & SJFA will want a 2020-21 Junior Cup, the clubs will be eyeing those guarantees.
They don't usually have their first round until September and they've just lost a round through the number of clubs that have left. I think they also scrapped replays as part of the changes so that minimises disruption as well. The East will have lost a round from some of their cup competitions with the departures on top of that. Plus they've the option of not having one of their cups for the year as well.
Other than the East Region Champion play-off, league wise there isn't that great a concern of finishing at a certain time.
The east will be down one cup already as can't exactly have a Fife & Lothian Cup without any Fife teams.

1 minute ago, GNU_Linux said:
8 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The east will be down one cup already as can't exactly have a Fife & Lothian Cup without any Fife teams.

If they were thinking long-term. Which doesn't really exist in the East Region, as they're having to adjust season to season.

But they're still clinging on to being Junior, I thought they might keep the F&L Cup going as winnable trophy. They've only got 24 league games to worry about in the South, which will be 22 games with Livingston United one foot out the door.

On 16/07/2020 at 12:14, ballermk said:

West Juniors are still dead, not sure how many times you need to be told to have this fact sink in - they all left the cesspit behind and are now thankfully senior clubs.

one problem playing outstanding scot cup ties is player registration. players may have moved teams  and    are  inelligible  . if your team had signed a player from one of the semi-finalists would they let him return to his former club to play a game or maybe two and risk injury. only way out is to cancel this years cup .