Berwick Rangers 2020/21

Pugsley

Since the lockdown, the off-field work at Berwick Rangers has been a ray of warm sunshine in these gloomy times. 

New Board working its socks off, new junior/ladies  connections, top notch social media and comms, big fundraising initiatives, 3 scrumptious new kits, and 18 players signed on including the retention of Kev Waugh, Lewy Barr, Dan Purves, Ali Forster & Euan Smith, the signing of 2 new keepers and several other new signings with perhaps a couple still to come. 

Others will spend a lot more than us so top 6 is the most realistic aim, but the important thing is that I'm hugely looking forward to watching the gers this season. For the last 3 years it was a painful chore. 

I'm hoping to make a weekend of Shire's next away game at Berwick whenever that is and what Covid politics are like.

My other half and I want to do the footy on Saturday with a trip to Lindisfarne/Holy Island, call it what you will, the day before. We're thinking of spending a night at Haggerston Castle (your old sponsor) as it's inbetween Berwick and Lindisfarne. What's the feasibility of this regarding public buses etc? Just curious.

Anyways, I miss the Berwick away trips and I hope you guys are all well 😊👍

Edited by come on shire

There is a bus service from Berwick to Holy Island via Haggerston, but it varies according to the tide times cutting off the causeway, so tends to be different each day. 

Borders buses 477. You can see if it is feasible once the fixtures are released. Seems they have taken the timetable offline for now, due to Covid but this was the 2019 timetable to give an idea. 

Screenshot_20200627-193258.png

16 hours ago, Redcar said:

There is a bus service from Berwick to Holy Island via Haggerston, but it varies according to the tide times cutting off the causeway, so tends to be different each day. 

Borders buses 477. You can see if it is feasible once the fixtures are released. Seems they have taken the timetable offline for now, due to Covid but this was the 2019 timetable to give an idea. 

Screenshot_20200627-193258.png

That's magic. Ta :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hoping that it won't be too long now until my new home shirt arrives, the government announce the restart date and the clock watching begins until futty returns once again. 

Meanwhile, the club continues to work hard behind the scenes with new initiatives and people joining the set up.

It's all building up very nicely ready for our big return...............🤞

9 hours ago, Pugsley said:

Hoping that it won't be too long now until my new home shirt arrives, the government announce the restart date and the clock watching begins until futty returns once again. 

Meanwhile, the club continues to work hard behind the scenes with new initiatives and people joining the set up.

It's all building up very nicely ready for our big return...............🤞

I take it if england were allowing crowds too football but Scotland wasnt berwick would be allowed too have supporters in the ground. The league woulsnt take exception to this

On 10/07/2020 at 19:40, Pugsley said:

There's plenty of room at Shielfield Park to achieve 1m+ spacing so I can't see why it would not be acceptable if supporters also wore a face covering?

Any thoughts anyone?

Not sure they'll mandate face coverings for an outdoor, socially distanced gathering. No probs if they do though. 

Definitely easy enough for Berwick to have a 750 crowd limit. 

As for English/Scottish rules, I guess we might have to adhere to Lowland League regulations AND English law if it is slightly different. 

On 12/07/2020 at 19:08, Redcar said:

Not sure they'll mandate face coverings for an outdoor, socially distanced gathering. No probs if they do though. 

Definitely easy enough for Berwick to have a 750 crowd limit. 

As for English/Scottish rules, I guess we might have to adhere to Lowland League regulations AND English law if it is slightly different. 

I'll wear my wife's keks on my head if it means I can go to a home game!😵☠️

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, gogsy said:

Somebody tell those nice people on everybodys favourite Berwick Rangers football facebook page that they can have supporters back in to games when the SFA tells them to. The fact that their pitch is in England has sod all to do with anything. 

f**k the SFA

• 2 weeks later...

You've signed Lewis Allan. Before anyone else comes charging in making assumptions, I'd like to get ahead of it. 

He started last season playing a lot of football for us, and then disappeared. John McGlynn made a comment that was essentially "It's not a physical injury, but I won't say anything more about it". There was no insinuation they there was a falling out or any hard feelings, but equally he didn't appear at any of the club events at the end of the season. 

Ultimately, there's been no publicly available information to say what's happened, and speculation is unhelpful at best and damaging at worst. 

In terms of his football, he wasn't a standout at League One, but neither did he look out of place. He's not the quickest, but he's big, and he's technically sound. I'd expect him to do very well in the Lowland League. 

4 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Somebody on everybodys favourite Berwick facebook page thinks they'll get 9 or 10 points from their first 5 games . Some folk are absolutely bonkers. 

Well I wouldn't say it's far fetched going by last season's results - they beat Edinburgh Uni twice, 4-0 v VoL, picked up four points v Braves, and weren't thrashed by EK or Spartans. http://scotscores.theroonba.com/clubrank/berwick rangers.html

Though that assumes their form improves from the HWU game...