Berwick Rangers 2020/21

Pugsley

1 hour ago, Redcar said:

It's the new ways of destroying all hope that frustrates us Berwick fans. Today, it happened after just 20 seconds.  

But the footage shows that Finnie didn't touch him, (Finnie's reaction confirms it), there was a covering defender, and the ref was miles away but made a game changing decision anyway. Instantly.

The 2nd  yellow for Wright probably deserved a stern talking to rather than the subsequent red. After that, you have to applaud a masterclass of defending by David Ferguson (despite his OG) who staved off a cricket score (with a bit of assistance from Horne and co.) 

Since the game, I've been given honest reassurances that there is plenty still to be optimistic about in the dressing room. Players and management are hurting but will come back together, and with players like Sinclair/Waugh/Barr/Cook to come back, I'll take that. 

It's hard, but I'll be keeping the faith. 

They may well be hurting BUT have we not heard it all before. Sadly once bitten twice shy.

Berwick had made great strides in engaging the community but affairs on the pitch seem to be going the other way. I really hope one is not at the detriment to the other

5 hours ago, Redcar said:

. A decent manager makes a team better than the sum of its parts - currently we are a lot worse. 4 points out of 21 now and a big Banana skin waiting next week. Some of these players need a huge bollocking, but the first rocket needs sending up the collective arses of our management team. A bit of humility, even a bit of anger would be nice, but instead we'll likely get another list of excuses delivered in a coma inducing interview, followed by big Kev lashing out in Yano's defence. 

Must admit I'm surprised yous are only finding fault wi yer manager now especially wi his LL record at ww. The cracks on the wall are there for everyone to see. 

Just caught highlights there and although I think kelty would’ve still got max points the ref Fecked the game in the first minute , not a lot in the tackle and a bit common sense and a booking would’ve sufficed I think 

second one was a rash first challenge defo booking but to send him off for that is mind boggling ?????

still happy with points and hopefully get to see Berwick in the flesh next year at Kelty 

2 minutes ago, RampantFM said:

That's brilliant news. 

Early this year some of our fans were moaning over only having 1 home league game after Feb (due to few call-offs/bombing out of cups) - it looked rosier when all fitba stopped early Mar and only Spartans game lost! No doubt that helped. More importantly: new board has cut spend and grown income. Vital given national emergency and parachute halving then stopping.

Pleasing result today. Only seen the first 2 goals, the first was a superb move and the second a screamer of a free kick. 

Reports so far suggest it was a pretty even game, so it's good to get the win with some quality finishing. Should give the side a big confidence boost after a tricky few weeks. 

H v Camelon in last night's South Challenge Cup R3 draw (tie Saturday 6th February). Tough opponent - they pasted Deveronvale 4-1 on Banff today - but home advantage and time help.

Formidable array in tomorrow's Scottish Cup R1 draw (tie Boxing Day). Frankly few I'd favour us against currently. Preston / Hawick, Haddington... then maybe Braves, Cumbernauld, CSS, Huntly, perhaps BoD.

Edited by HibeeJibee

2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

H v Camelon in last night's South Challenge Cup R3 draw (tie Saturday 6th February). Tough opponent - they pasted Deveronvale 4-1 on Banff today - but home advantage and time help.

Formidable array in tomorrow's Scottish Cup R1 draw (tie Boxing Day). Frankly few I'd favour us against currently. Preston / Hawick, Haddington... then maybe Braves, Cumbernauld, CSS, Huntly, perhaps BoD.

Agree, there's few there that I'd be confident of beating at the moment. Wouldn't mind home to Brechin or 'Beath though!

31 minutes ago, Dumb yatt said:

SC Boxing Day BRFC v SAFC . Will the game be postponed due to travel restrictions between nations?

We continued playing during England's shutdown last month - being classified an elite/professional football club. Players also carry police letters.

All our players are Scottish-based, incidentally.

13 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

We continued playing during England's shutdown last month - being classified an elite/professional football club. Players also carry police letters.

All our players are Scottish-based, incidentally.

Good to hear. I would imagine, like Stirling, a lot of your players are from the central bellt.

1 hour ago, Dumb yatt said:

Good to hear. I would imagine, like Stirling, a lot of your players are from the central bellt.

Squad largely Lothians-based nowadays... will only be a few further afield than that. Quite a few East Lothian players and a couple from the Borders.

Our budget and horizons have strunk.