Berwick Rangers 2020/21

Pugsley

2 hours ago, beano said:

rather than crying about your team trying to raise funds in unprecedented hard times maybe you could dip those tights fists in your pockets and help keep them afloat. fans like you dont deserve a club to be honest. show some perspective. embarassing !

hope the work berwick are doing that proper fans are backing does at least get them back on the right track. good big welcoming club and too big for this league.

Awwww Beano, I never knew Stirling cared about us !!

But to clarify you post slightly, If you read my post I have never moaned about the fact the club are finally engaging in the community and are trying hard to raise funds, My gripe is that someone has taken the time and trouble to put this on the website, why can't they put some team news on while they are there ?? Luddites like me don't do social media, so it may be nice to actually get some team news too, Is that embarrassing to ask for ??

Down here in Cambridgeshire its difficult any form of team news etc, So is it too much to ask for ??

Thank you for the sentiments of a big welcoming club, can we assume that Stirling wasn't one of the clubs' that closed shop for promotion/relegation from HL/LL ??

5 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Interesting how fans FB becoming overwhelmingly ex-players photos/recollecting league wins/glamour cup-ties/etc.

Retreating into fonder memories of better days?

It is indeed. Show any passion or criticism, and they release the hounds. I've given up on it.

Sadly, not enough people on here for a good debate either, so nowhere to get an answer to questions like, how is Jack Cook? Out for many weeks now with concussion, and now doesn't get a mention in the Club's minimalist match preview. 

As a tuppence worth, I reckon we have an issue playing Calum alongside Lewis. Wright in behind would be a better bet. Maybe a bit of competition would benefit them both. We miss Sinclair,Foster,Barr & Cook but that's how it is. What is very worrying is they seem to all have a real lack of confidence. Yano just doesn't inspire. We have had time to claw back games only a goal down but the some of the passing, tackling and urgency or lack of just doesn't come and our heads drop. There is no terrier or in your face player like other clubs seem to have. We have been beaten by some pretty poor & average sides so what does that say about us.
Started positively but now we are really off the pace. Be great to get a result v Kelty but realistically that's a big ask.

9 minutes ago, sammyreidloyal said:

As a tuppence worth, I reckon we have an issue playing Calum alongside Lewis. Wright in behind would be a better bet. Maybe a bit of competition would benefit them both. We miss Sinclair,Foster,Barr & Cook but that's how it is. What is very worrying is they seem to all have a real lack of confidence. Yano just doesn't inspire. We have had time to claw back games only a goal down but the some of the passing, tackling and urgency or lack of just doesn't come and our heads drop. There is no terrier or in your face player like other clubs seem to have. We have been beaten by some pretty poor & average sides so what does that say about us.
Started positively but now we are really off the pace. Be great to get a result v Kelty but realistically that's a big ask.

Indeed. Loads of effort, but it's all very predictable and there is nobody who is likely to do something a bit special. No surprise that we tail off in most games once the opposition defence realises there is not much to worry about. 

Lewis Allan looked a class above (as he should) against Annandale, but otherwise he has been really disappointing. But it is the passing that has been mind-bogglingly poor. Allan and Smith can do bugger all if the final pass is miles off target. 

Crap passing, no width and no flair is killing all the excellent energy, and the management team seem to have more excuses than ideas. 

We have had bad luck with injuries, but the teams we put out should still be doing better against the likes of the Strollers and Gretna.

13 hours ago, MAC THE KNIFE said:

SATURDAY WOULD BE A GOOD DAY FOR BERWICK TO GET BACK TO WINNING WAYS AGAIN !

Aye, good call. Still think this team has lots of promise, especially once the injuries are sorted. A few cute runs off the ball, sharper passing and shooting, and the confidence will flood back (on and off the pitch).

Today, we are the underdogs and we should play with a little more freedom. Hope The management team are in a position at the end to think *up yours" to team negative. 

Come on you feckers, er, I mean, Gers. 

Mighty Berwick Rangers 0-4 Johnny-come-Lately Kelty Hearts

Dear oh dear.

Scoreline kept respectable thanks to our 'keeper plus Kelty playing walking football 2nd half. Feared worse facing 90min with 10-men and 45min with 9-men.

Stream trouble-free and camera got zoom now. "Every cloud".

Onward to Dunipace... surely not... surely... surely...

Some decent defending (apart from the cock-ups) in the 2nd half. Though we'll never know how hard Kelty were trying.

But.... Struth. Another absolute horror show. We've had dodgy pitch, bad weather and injuries trotted out as excuses, presumably today will be the ref. 

Truth is that the team find new ways of handing the advantage to our opponents. A decent manager makes a team better than the sum of its parts - currently we are a lot worse. 4 points out of 21 now and a big Banana skin waiting next week. Some of these players need a huge bollocking, but the first rocket needs sending up the collective arses of our management team. A bit of humility, even a bit of anger would be nice, but instead we'll likely get another list of excuses delivered in a coma inducing interview, followed by big Kev lashing out in Yano's defence. 

Edited by Redcar

It's the new ways of destroying all hope that frustrates us Berwick fans. Today, it happened after just 20 seconds.  

But the footage shows that Finnie didn't touch him, (Finnie's reaction confirms it), there was a covering defender, and the ref was miles away but made a game changing decision anyway. Instantly.

The 2nd  yellow for Wright probably deserved a stern talking to rather than the subsequent red. After that, you have to applaud a masterclass of defending by David Ferguson (despite his OG) who staved off a cricket score (with a bit of assistance from Horne and co.) 

Since the game, I've been given honest reassurances that there is plenty still to be optimistic about in the dressing room. Players and management are hurting but will come back together, and with players like Sinclair/Waugh/Barr/Cook to come back, I'll take that. 

It's hard, but I'll be keeping the faith. 

Edited by Redcar