Berwick Rangers 2020/21

Pugsley

Frustrating to lose that 1-0.

Visitors were on top opening half-hour, but we came into game, and should've been out of sight... 1-on-1 cusp of HT then hit post and flashed at least 2 headers over 2nd-half.

Sending-off then clinically taken winner the sucker-punch.

More than 150 paid £6 to watch which is excellent. While better than a fortnight ago the stream was very stuttery, particularly 1st-half, and sound very erratic 1st-half. Need to zoom in too.

It's going to be a cold and soggy affair tonight against Ed Uni. In a way, I don't mind watching the match from the comfort of my computer chair too much, and I live close enough to the stadium to feel the atmosphere from here! 😄

Best of luck on the pitch and with the live streaming. Here's hoping we can secure all 3 points tonight. 🤞

For fucks sake, the feed buffered at 30m 49s and I missed 2 bloody goals!!! Just not good enough - very angry!!!😡👎

I know people are giving their time for free to provide the feed but we are still paying good money to watch it!

Edited by Pugsley
add info

Another solid performance and a very good point away to BSCG.

Sort of game we'd have lost last season. Hosts had more possession and chances but amind difficult conditions we kept our focus and work-rate before surviving a late wobble.

Results so far suggest while we won't challenge for honours we have more ability and quality and should be aiming for top 1/2 perhaps pushing top 1/3. Certainly better defensively.

After some initial trouble an excellent free feed with suitably eclectic commentary. Not sure how many tuned-in.

Edited by HibeeJibee

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Sort of game we'd have lost last season. Hosts had more possession and chances but amind difficult conditions we kept our focus and work-rate before surviving a late wobble.

Results so far suggest while we won't challenge for honours we have more ability and quality and should be aiming for top 1/2 perhaps pushing top 1/3. Certainly better defensively.

After some initial trouble an excellent free feed with suitably eclectic commentary. Not sure how many tuned-in.

You won't be the push overs you were last season that's for sure. Definitely a  better organised team defensively. Top 3rd may be a bit ambitious judging on what i watched today. Created next to nothing going forward. I can only recall David Wilson making 1 save of note from a deflected shot and a shot on goal cleared by your own player. As for BSC, created enough chances in the first half to win the match. How Michael Anderson missed the target when he was one on one with the goalkeeper only he will know. A surprisingly entertaining game for a nil nil draw though.

4 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

I watched the full game. Excellent quality on Twitch, so well done to all concerned.

Thought we deserved the point. Defended confidently and whilst they had the better chances we looked just as good in midfield.

Decent ref for a change,too. 

Well done Berwick. You did us proud in very difficult conditions. I think BSC were surprised just how much improved you were compared to last season, very happy with the point.:thumsup2

The feed was better than we get from Shielfield, still buffered a few times but was easy to refresh without missing too much play. Commentry very good.👍Thank you.

https://berwickrangers.com/club-granted-permission-to-continue-at-shielfield-park/

Confirmed next 2 home games due Tuesday and Saturday can proceed as scheduled - since Berwick Rangers is considered an elite professional football club. As if you all didn't know it already 😎.

Edited by HibeeJibee

11 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Confirmed next 2 home games due Tuesday and Saturday can proceed as scheduled - since Berwick Rangers is considered an elite professional football club. As if you all didn't know it already 😎.

Yipee!! :bounce2

Sort of result I expected today: we're not being outclassed against the quality opposition now but still not got enough quality to do them real damage particularly upfront. That said it felt a harsh penalty and having got it back to 2-1 some late pressure might have produced a goal.

Big pair of home games in the next week. Stirling Uni went down 4-2 at tome to Dalbeattie - so they are beatable and like Caledonian Braves are the kind of side we need to beat for top half finish or better. 'Shire are going great guns and will be our toughest test thusfar.

Excellent footage from Bo'ness well worth its £5. Good quality, no streaming issues at all until stoppage time and having an additional camera for closeups as well as zooming in using the main camera really helps. Add a commentator and it would be the best I've seen all season.

Great result for Berwick v UOS. 3 - 2 at the death. Well done the Dream Team:thumsup2

Streaming much better - thanks to everyone involved👍

UOS players did seem sharper and quicker a lot of the time but Berwick's determination paid off in the end. Magic!

Didn't see their opener or us hitting crossbar due to 1st-half streaming issues. Didn't really see our goal due to camera panning.

Sort of scoreline I expected - 'Shire been flying then reacting to Cumbernauld shock midweek. Poor defending for their 2nd + 3rd goals.

Another level needed to compete with top-end.

On 27/06/2020 at 17:05, Redcar said:

Since the lockdown, the off-field work at Berwick Rangers has been a ray of warm sunshine in these gloomy times. 

New Board working its socks off, new junior/ladies  connections, top notch social media and comms, big fundraising initiatives, 3 scrumptious new kits, and 18 players signed on including the retention of Kev Waugh, Lewy Barr, Dan Purves, Ali Forster & Euan Smith, the signing of 2 new keepers and several other new signings with perhaps a couple still to come. 

Others will spend a lot more than us so top 6 is the most realistic aim, but the important thing is that I'm hugely looking forward to watching the gers this season. For the last 3 years it was a painful chore. 

🤣

Thought Berwick competed well in the 1st half and had a good spell of pressure just before the break.

I was expecting a very tough 2nd half but that never happened. The 1st 10 mins of the 2nd half Shire were comfortable then Berwick had the triple substitution changing their formation to a more attacking one only for Shire to immediately change formation to compensate. That was the pivotal moment of the game. Not long after Shire got our 2nd and then saw out the rest of the match.

Berwick are a big improvement on the team we played 6 mths ago and when they click they will give all teams in this league a tough game. They just need to play the full 90 mins. There are a lot of positives eg player attitude plus I saw a few players with that bit extra spark. I do think Shire will have a hard game in the return if Berwick can gel properly... hope not, at least against us :)