James Anderson Monies

I see a number of Premier teams have donated their allocation to charity.As the money was intended to support football why was it not distributed throughout the other league teams?
Come to think of it,I have read nothing about the money being allocated.

7 minutes ago, Harry Haddock said:

I see a number of Premier teams have donated their allocation to charity.As the money was intended to support football why was it not distributed throughout the other league teams?
Come to think of it,I have read nothing about the money being allocated.

It wasnt allocated. It was paid to the SPFL Trust and clubs have to apply for it

Rather than take this money and give it to their in house charities the clubs concerned should have declined to take the payments and let the money be given to clubs who want to use it for the intended purpose.

Giving the money to club associated charities is one of the intended purposes.

7 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Rather than take this money and give it to their in house charities the clubs concerned should have declined to take the payments and let the money be given to clubs who want to use it for the intended purpose.

Giving the money to charity is all very noble, but if this had been the intention I'm quite sure James Anderson would have done so himself !!

1 minute ago, macclyde+ said:

Giving the money to charity is all very noble, but if this had been the intention I'm quite sure James Anderson would have done so himself !!

You can be as sure as you want but it was one of the intended purposes which was an acceptable use of the funds when applying for it from the SPFL trust.

1 minute ago, the snudge said:

Say if Celtic for example didn't take it, that would be an extra grand + in struggling clubs coffers. Could have made all the difference. 

Instead it's an extra £50k into a community charity where it will no doubt make even more difference. If Anderson didn't want money to go to charities then he wouldn't have specifically specified community charitable projects as something which the money could be used for.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Instead it's an extra £50k into a community charity where it will no doubt make even more difference. If Anderson didn't want money to go to charities then he wouldn't have specifically specified community charitable projects as something which the money could be used for.

Aye fair enough and something is better than nothing. I shouldn't be complaining. 

3 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Say if Celtic for example didn't take it, that would be an extra grand + in struggling clubs coffers. Could have made all the difference. 

No, I don't think that's right.

Each grant was worth £50k and clubs had to apply for them.

If a club didn't apply then that doesn't mean one of the grants would then be shared out among the other clubs.

No, I don't think that's right.
Each grant was worth £50k and clubs had to apply for them.
If a club didn't apply then that doesn't mean one of the grants would then be shared out among the other clubs.

What would have happened to the unclaimed funds?