Cigar Enthusiasts

I mostly only smoke the tabs but had a cigar my mate brought back from Portugal at a wedding last year, it was absolutely brilliant. The done thing I was told was not inhale but just let it linger and definitely free to stub it and go back to it.
Don’t know anything about cigars though so will stick to cigarettes and being no help here, sorry.
Yeah it's the flavour in your mouth. I have accidently had some go into the lung and by f**k it wasn't pleasant. Strangely enough it only puts me off even more ever wanting to try cigs.
Got 50 hamlets one year for Xmas, they were smoked by the night of Boxing Day, never wanted another after that 
I don't blame you. They're bogging.

47 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Jim Prior of Broxburn Athletic used to run the line at games while smoking his pipe.

A quick Google search shows that not so very long ago, it wasn't uncommon to see footballers  in cigarette ads. Stanley Matthews and Dixie Dean among others. Here's Jimmy Greaves enjoying a wee toot.

Tottenham Hotspur and England footballer Jimmy Greaves pictured smoking a pipe and reading a James Bond novel at his home in Upminster, Essex. 3rd April 1964.

Edited by Shotgun

7 hours ago, Shotgun said:

A quick Google search shows that not so very long ago, it wasn't uncommon to see footballers  in cigarette ads. Stanley Matthews and Dixie Dean among others. Here's Jimmy Greaves enjoying a wee toot.

Tottenham Hotspur and England footballer Jimmy Greaves pictured smoking a pipe and reading a James Bond novel at his home in Upminster, Essex. 3rd April 1964.

He might be trapped under the weight of that cardigan.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a box of Coronas (aye I know). Not had one yet because I've not a clue how to do one justice. One of my pals got a large box of cigars for his 16th from his mad uncle and we had a couple of them between joints when we were teenagers but I can't remember them doing much other than me feeling like a gangster.

Might have one with a whisky and see how I get on.

I've got a box of Coronas (aye I know). Not had one yet because I've not a clue how to do one justice. One of my pals got a large box of cigars for his 16th from his mad uncle and we had a couple of them between joints when we were teenagers but I can't remember them doing much other than me feeling like a gangster.
Might have one with a whisky and see how I get on.
Have one after food. A cigar after a meal really is wonderful.

• 3 months later...

Hope you are safe during this period and congratulations on choosing this delicious hobby. There are countless options out there and I believe you should start with milder cigars and then build up your experience. This way you will be able to see exactly what you enjoy and which are your aroma preferences. In terms of recommendations, I would suggest reading this article: https://www.swisscubancigars.com/guides/best-cigars-to-smoke/. It includes a selection of some of the best cigars on the market. I think it is a good starting point in choosing the perfect cigar for your taste. Hope my input will be useful!

4 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I remember in the early 80's at the Disco occasionally treating myself to a plum cigar with my southern comfort. With my pastel blue suit and that duo I was fighting off the lassies with a shitty stick .......if only !!

Jacket sleeves rolled up?

No socks?

Chicks dig it man 👍

I can remember people going on about a cigar with whisky and I thought it would be a stupid idea as the cigar would just overpower the whisky but now I do love the odd cigar with a whisky. Have no idea about which ones are good and often just have cigarillos as often its an impluse decision so get them from the local tiny corner shop.

I can remember people going on about a cigar with whisky and I thought it would be a stupid idea as the cigar would just overpower the whisky but now I do love the odd cigar with a whisky. Have no idea about which ones are good and often just have cigarillos as often its an impluse decision so get them from the local tiny corner shop.
Similarly I heard having a cigar after a big meal was pleasant. With the taste of food still in my mouth I was skeptical but have to admit it's definitely true.

• 3 years later...