Celtic in Europe 2020/21

Antony

3 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

No, it's bad for Scottish football. Appalling result, and the only time I ever want them to win, an aw. 

Absolutely shocked to read that a St Mirren fan is gutted by Celtic's shameful defeat. 

Just to let everyone know, Celtic have a chance to skip the 3rd Qualifying round of the Europa League and go to the Play off Round. This year only 8 out of the 10 Champions League 2nd Qualifier round (Champions Path) will go into the Europa League 3rd Qualifying round (Champions Path). The 10 teams will be put into a draw and the first 2 out will skip the 3rd round and be placed in the play off.

The draws for the Europa League 2nd and 3rd Qualifying round will take place on the 31st August and 1st September respectively so we will know which stage Celtic will be in by Tuesday.

That was fantastic after it went 2-1, nobody wanted to take responsibility, they were over or under-hitting passes, doing dummy's to leave it for folk who weren't there.  

They can certainly rattle in goals against the likes of Ross County and St Mirren who like all the other provincial teams are literally beaten before they start. If some of these outfits actually went into their encounters with the Old Firm with a bit more self belief that might actually give themselves a fighting chance. These bang average European sides come to Glasgow and are not intimidated by the name and treat the match as 11v11 and invariably compete very effectively. I honestly can’t bear to watch Celtic and Rangers beating these teams 3 or 4-0 when the opposition can barely venture out of their own half.......and I include Aberdeen in that as well.

1 minute ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Because they have won the Scottish league nine years in a row, but can't qualify for the Champions League. It's not a good portrayal of Scottish football, is it? 

It's an accurate portrayal of Scottish football, but at least it means their financial gap over the rest of Scottish football is a bit less than it would otherwise have been.

Willy.jpg.23886b82c788751eb39cac4ee5794b00.jpg

On 05/07/2020 at 22:34, wastecoatwilly said:

18/08/2020–19/08/2020 First qualifying round
25/08/2020–26/08/2020 Second qualifying round
15/09/2020–16/09/2020 Third qualifying round
22/09/2020–30/09/2020 Play-offs

Thanks for that, Willy.

2 minutes ago, Staggie_93 said:

Lennon is just dreadful. £8m worth of strikers on the bench and he sticks one on the 75th minute after going 1-2 down :lol:

Celtic were worse after they brought on the striker which might suggest the 'false nine'  or whatever its called wasn't working too badly.  I only caught the 2nd half but Celtic were fine and extremely unlucky

1 minute ago, Rjc-1988 said:

They can certainly rattle in goals against the likes of Ross County and St Mirren who like all the other provincial teams are literally beaten before they start. If some of these outfits actually went into their encounters with the Old Firm with a bit more self belief that might actually give themselves a fighting chance. These bang average European sides come to Glasgow and are not intimidated by the name and treat the match as 11v11 and invariably compete very effectively. I honestly can’t bear to watch Celtic and Rangers beating these teams 3 or 4-0 when the opposition can barely venture out of their own half.......and I include Aberdeen in that as well.

They scored two goals in 180 minutes against Kilmarnock and Dundee United. Anybody who saw how turgid they were on Saturday could have seen that this outcome might happen to them, they're garbage.

4 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Because they have won the Scottish league nine years in a row, but can't qualify for the Champions League. It's not a good portrayal of Scottish football, is it? 

Not a good portrayal to who?

Was it a 'good portrayal' of Scottish football when Celtic drew with Kilmarnock?

2 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

There are two words you clearly don't know the meaning of; 'provincial' and 'literally'.