Queen's Park 2020/21

11 hours ago, an86 said:

I note that Lord Haughey's Glasgow Labour associate, James Kelly, will not be returning to Holyrood after today's results. I also note that we have not yet filled that community gig that was advertised. Maybe 2+2=5. Crossed my mind a few weeks ago when I saw he was miles down the list. 

Quite often nowadays, people have to give three months' notice when leaving a job and you would never announce a new employee until they were in the building and their notice period at their old job were up.  If you're thinking that Kelly would be the community person, I reckon your 2+2 might be well away from 5.

17 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

Sign Hester or is that too much of a gamble?

assuming Hester is part-time, he'll live in Inverness or Aberdeen. It's a big commitment to make anyway. Shame though, as he's clearly prolific for L2 level

Edited by DundeeSpider1867
Info

On 08/05/2021 at 12:25, Francesc Fabregas said:

From the outside looking in, I get the impression Mr Raymond McKinnon never really fancied David Galt but was obliged to keep him around for the season because he's the club captain and generally well-liked around Hampden. I think Queen's Park have probably outgrown him over the past 12 months.

If he's let go, I'd like to see Stenhousemuir make a move for him. I like him as a player and he seems like a superb ambassador for the club.

I'll speak on behalf of many QP fans and state he is still wanted. His assists are impressive considering the tinkering done this season and his minutes played. I believe there is 100% a place for David Galt at Queen's Park in L1. 

Edited by QPSpider1867

If any of the committee are reading, and I know you are, Malky Mackay must not be allowed within a mile of our football club. We're aiming to reach out to one of the most diverse communities in Scotland. Such a move would piss all over that.

Any reason for McKinnon going ? He's well down the list of competent full time managers clubs would go for, There aren't any open jobs apart from Falkirk and I doubt very much he'd be applying for that one. 

So I am assuming he's been pushed?

From an outsiders point of view, you won a part time league with a full time team comfortably, maybe not as stylish as it could have been?  Has the football been good to watch or was it like Rangers coming through the league and a bit of a slog ? The squad doesn't look like the old sledgehammer to crack a walnut analogy used for Rangers so it looks like he's done a decent job and deserves some credit for what he's done. 

Probably far too early to know but I'm interested to see what this means for the make up of your squad. I had expected "Sugar" Ray to sign a lot of the dross released by the likes of ourselves and retain some of the better players you had from last year, but the way the statement is worded sounds like the entire football model of the club might change.

If he isn't out of a job for too long this has probably panned out as well as it possibly could for McKinnon. To an outsider it looks like he was a major success and he hasn't had to go into what may be a very competitive League One where his cowardly tactics may well have been exposed.

3 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

It’s going to be someone like Stubbs but let me dream about having the chance to give Neil Francis Lennon a piece of my mind four times a season pls

Can't see him working with Dempster.....