Queen's Park 2020/21

Beyond the stadium stuff-  there's some really interesting chat in that article on the playing side. So much of it sounds sensible and there's a lot to commend it on the long-term planning, it's just the engagement is rotten. Got to question the value of Membership at the moment. Hopefully Bulgarian Facebook guy can shake things up. 

19 hours ago, Dooflick said:

I think that the members will be asked to e-mail questions to the club for the AGM. The ball is in your court, you guys who are members, to ask the right questions and not take no for an answer. If I remember correctly the AGM, when I was a member, was always held in May, so it will be only a few weeks away for you to get the answers you are looking for.

25th May is provisionally set. Applicants for committee closed some time ago so the opportunity for fresh air is gone.

I’m beginning to wonder if a coup d’etat is under way. I’ve said before, it’s incongruent to have a committee representing members also acting as a board of directors. And committees don’t have CEOs. This stadium fiasco would be enough to prove a significant change in the administration of the club is required urgently with a sweeping personnel change such as we’ve seen on the park.

I think that the members will be asked to e-mail questions to the club for the AGM. The ball is in your court, you guys who are members, to ask the right questions and not take no for an answer. If I remember correctly the AGM, when I was a member, was always held in May, so it will be only a few weeks away for you to get the answers you are looking for.
I assume that the AGM will take place via a zoom meeting as it did last year. From memory members were invited to send questions in advance of that meeting, but on the night something was said along the lines of 'we can't figure out a practical way to take questions via zoom, so we won't bother and if you sent one by email we'll email you back with an answer' (I may be mis-remembering that so please correct me if I'm wrong)
That to me seemed a bit of a cop out, as from my experience of zoom, it's not difficult to find ways to open up the meeting to questions.
Hopefully after another year of many of us becoming more familiar with meeting online, the same excuse won't be made this year.

5 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

I assume that the AGM will take place via a zoom meeting as it did last year. From memory members were invited to send questions in advance of that meeting, but on the night something was said along the lines of 'we can't figure out a practical way to take questions via zoom, so we won't bother and if you sent one by email we'll email you back with an answer' (I may be mis-remembering that so please correct me if I'm wrong)
That to me seemed a bit of a cop out, as from my experience of zoom, it's not difficult to find ways to open up the meeting to questions.
Hopefully after another year of many of us becoming more familiar with meeting online, the same excuse won't be made this year.

I can’t recall the detail but your spot on, no interaction with members. From memory there were 37, including committee and office bearers, on the call which was significantly low compared to the usual herd of blazers. I also recall thinking we charged through the main event and although the formal part was reporting on 2019 I was shocked that not a word was mentioned, especially during the President’s inaugural speech, of Willie Haughey. It was his introduction in the final meeting before the vote that implied financial security to what had been a debate based on “the lesser of two evils” previously.

21 hours ago, third lanark said:

Did Queens Park look at using Firhill until lesser Hampden was ready?

Firhill would be great for us fans, but if we are looking for somewhere to play for nearly a full season, not very practical on a grass pitch with the Scottish climate, but who knows.

5 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

My recollection is that there was no invitation to submit questions in advance; it was simply announced at the AGM that no questions would be taken. 

For the numbers that were online it was a strange decision.

What a blunder from Morrison against Stranraer. Preached it last year but I’ll repeat, he is half the player of Jamieson. Not fit for the squad as they progress to better leagues in my humble opinion. Even as a back up. Not sure why people defend him, standard defender but he’s got a talent of passing the ball to no one. 

Edited by QPSpider1867

11 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

What a blunder from Morrison against Stranraer. Preached it last year but I’ll repeat, he is half the player of Jamieson. Not fit for the squad as they progress to better leagues in my humble opinion. Even as a back up. Not sure why people defend him, standard defender but he’s got a talent of passing the ball to no one. 

There's always one idiot!!!

What about his overhead clearance against Stirling Albion or his great stretching tackle in the box against Elgin. 2 tackles that got us the 4 points that got us the title!

Jamieson wouldn't have made those challenges.

33 minutes ago, The man with no name said:

What about his overhead clearance against Stirling Albion or his great stretching tackle in the box against Elgin. 2 tackles that got us the 4 points that got us the title!

Why does having a (perfectly valid) opinion on the recent performances of a player make someone an idiot? 

Get a fucking grip of yourself. Also interesting that you seem to know how far Nicky Jamieson can stretch? Weird.

QPSpider1867, I completely agree with you (suppose that makes two idiots). He’s an okay young player but if we’re looking to make the progress that paid employees of the club keep telling The Sun and Daily Record we are going to make, then his long term future won’t be at Queen’s Park.

Edited by Big Badger

31 minutes ago, The man with no name said:

I must admit, it's quite refreshing to hear from a member of our committee again on this forum after they all went into hiding . We must have won the league or something

Got anything else interesting to tell us?  The shiteshow off the pitch isn't going away just because the players & coaches have done their bit on the pitch

Stuart Morrison is a decent lower league player. Is he good enough for a club trying to get to the Championship next season? Questionable. Was at fault for the equaliser against Edinburgh City at Hampden as well, if I recall. That doesn't mean he's a bad player, of course. I don't think he is a bad player at League Two level. 

There's going to have to be some borderline harsh decisions made in the summer after a great season. That's where we are now. No point in pretending otherwise. 

Edited by an86

9 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

I must admit, it's quite refreshing to hear from a member of our committee again on this forum after they all went into hiding . We must have won the league or something

Got anything else interesting to tell us?  The shiteshow off the pitch isn't going away just because the players & coaches have done their bit on the pitch

Now, now Mick you don’t expect the Committee to address their idiot supporters with regards any serious matters do you? 

Sure they’d rather just sit and congratulate themselves on their success this year while sending Ms Dempster out into the press on another shameless drive for self promotion.

As long as members of the committee are getting onto the pitch to celebrate with the players (seems COVID safe to me) whilst the fans are stuck at home; I don’t get the impression that they care whatsoever. 

Edited by Big Badger

10 minutes ago, an86 said:

Stuart Morrison is a decent lower league player. Is he good enough for a club trying to get to the Championship next season? Questionable. Was at fault for the equaliser against Edinburgh City at Hampden as well, if I recall. That doesn't mean he's a bad player, of course. I don't think he is a bad player at League Two level. 

There's going to have to be some borderline harsh decisions made in the summer after a great season. That's where we are now. No point in pretending otherwise. 

I’d be inclined to agree. There’s a selection of players who I’d say who are more than capable of playing in league 1, however whether they would be capable of winning or at least competing at the top end of league 1 next season is a different question all together

As it stands this how I’d view the squad going into next season:

Definitely keep- Muir, Doyle, Grant, Kilday, Robson, Carroll, Gillespie, Lyon, Quitongo, longridge, Murray and although I’ve not rated him, I’d imagine McHugh will still be around. 

Unsure- Maclean, Galt, Morrison, Baynham, Slater(too injury prone despite his ability). 

13 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Although it was certainly a short pass back and the main blame (if you feel the need to blame anyone) lies with Stuart Morrison I think if Wullie Muir had been on duty he would have got down to get the ball away from Yates's feet. 

I think we just paid the price for just a little bit too much tinkering ----hey ho ----we are the champions.

19 hours ago, Northsea80 said:

What about Scotstoun as a base for however long it takes to finish lesser hampden? With Glasgow's Pro 14 fixtures being spread across fri/sat/sun I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to work fixtures around that. 

Anywhere in Glasgow would be a bonus so definitely up for that. 

2 hours ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

I think if Wullie Muir had been on duty he would have got down to get the ball away from Yates's feet. 

Aye, Willie is very quick off his line and is great at anticipating through balls. He might have got there first - perhaps with his feet -  but it would have been asking a lot imo

Edited by Mick1867

2 hours ago, Big Badger said:

Why does having a (perfectly valid) opinion on the recent performances of a player make someone an idiot? 

Get a fucking grip of yourself. Also interesting that you seem to know how far Nicky Jamieson can stretch? Weird.

QPSpider1867, I completely agree with you (suppose that makes two idiots). He’s an okay young player but if we’re looking to make the progress that paid employees of the club keep telling The Sun and Daily Record we are going to make, then his long term future won’t be at Queen’s Park.

You're quite right, ya idiot. 

2 hours ago, The man with no name said:

Nice to hear from TMWNN and Mick has probably got it right. Regarding young Morrison he actually hit the Stranraer crossbar on two occasions with headers from corners which was the closest we came to scoring. He might not be as good as Jamieson, but Jamieson did not want full time football. Go on tell them TMWNN.

9 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Aye, Willie is very quick off his line and is great at anticipating through balls. He might have got their first - perhaps with his feet -  but it would have been asking a lot imo

Aye, it would have been. Felt for Heraghty. Would likely have been out on loan or definitely playing Strollers games in a normal world. Full-time training is great, but really need games at that age. A more experienced defender would not be giving him that ball to deal with.