Queen's Park 2020/21

5 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Yeah, heard that as well. It made no sense to me either. Considering our players have been training on the artificial surface at Lesser every day all season. Now training at Broadwood of course because Lesser is out of bounds.....even though Lesser was getting used back when the construction work was actually taking place 🤷‍♂️

I was hoping the reason the team had moved out of lesser was to allow the work to be completed quicker but I could be wrong. 

So now we know about Craig Slater. I hope his operation was successful and wish him all the best for a speedy return (probably next season). Still no explanation for Robson and Murray who both looked fit as fiddles against Stranraer. Carroll was certainly injured in that game and we must assume that is keeping him out, but for how long?

Maybe a hint of things moving at lesser Hampden today. Noticed some people out having a look at the existing stand that’s being brought down to track level, looking at the sections that haven’t been completed yet. Also an excavator and some trucks inside the ground as well.

Maybe a hint of things moving at lesser Hampden today. Noticed some people out having a look at the existing stand that’s being brought down to track level, looking at the sections that haven’t been completed yet. Also an excavator and some trucks inside the ground as well.
Hopefully that's a step in the right direction. Keep the updates coming please, because we're not likely to get any news from the club.

The quickest route to playing at Lesser would be to abandon for the time being the stand opposite the existing one, get that finished. That gives you 750 or seats. Then with the amount of space behind the goal at the Somerville drive end, they could put up a temporary stand for visiting league 1 fans and have toilet block, food kiosks etc back there etc.

The quickest route to playing at Lesser would be to abandon for the time being the stand opposite the existing one, get that finished. That gives you 750 or seats. Then with the amount of space behind the goal at the Somerville drive end, they could put up a temporary stand for visiting league 1 fans and have toilet block, food kiosks etc back there etc.
I beleive that was always the original plan, although at some point that changed to doing the whole project in one go.
I dont know the practicalities of doing it in phases, especially as the work on the Hampden side has already started, but if it's possible it would be preferable to playing somewhere else at the start of next season.
You raise a good point however about the potential of larger league one away support, so I could see that as a good reason to complete both stands before we're back in.
I could see the additional cost of a temporary setup, plus the hassle of providing safe access and exit etc making this a far less appealing solution.

If the ground preparation work is complete, and there is a design specification and  steelwork fabricated, then there is more than enough time to complete construction of both stands before the start of the season. I suspect any delay would be down to re-tendering and contractor selection (if re-setting is the case). As has been said by others, getting to a court case stage would be very last resort, and as time goes on, the outcome loses value for both parties.

10 hours ago, Velvet Donkey said:

If the ground preparation work is complete, and there is a design specification and  steelwork fabricated, then there is more than enough time to complete construction of both stands before the start of the season. I suspect any delay would be down to re-tendering and contractor selection (if re-setting is the case). As has been said by others, getting to a court case stage would be very last resort, and as time goes on, the outcome loses value for both parties.

There’s two floor levels in the farmhouse plus the barn to be fitted out plus the new balcony on the pavilion, all with structural involvement. Plus floodlights upgraded to satisfy the licensing. Car parking within the boundary plus escape routes, entrance gates, concession stands, plumbing, heating, electrical and all the final finishes. And that’s assuming there’s no major defects by the first contractor or design errors by the architect that need resolved. We can’t use the ground until a) building control sign-off plus b) license from the SPFL is granted. Season starts 10th July. Tight!

Whether it’s ready or not for the new season, our final home game this season when we get to hoist the champions flag won’t be at our new home. The players and coaches have done their bit and are double-shifting to get the season completed and with some style. Let’s see if the President and his Ten Guitars can redeem themselves and match the efforts of the playing group.

BYOS, we don't see too many of them, but I think you get the trophy to wave about at the last game and the flag to wave back at the first game of the next season.

But let's not be too presumptuous here. Best laid schemes etc etc.

On not being told about player injuries, most managers don't talk about them. Gus was a nightmare for that. Going back a few years, Joe Gilroy used to invent "injury worries" on a Friday simply to get Queen's a mention in the papers, back when the papers took an interest in us. The players involved used to phone him up asking what injury it was they were supposed to have.

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

On not being told about player injuries, most managers don't talk about them.

You're right. I think it's just been a crappy 12 months trying to guess what was going to happen next, being shut down in January, with the whole of P&B mewling about Null-and-Void, and in a season when we actually have something to be excited about.

2 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

BYOS, we don't see too many of them, but I think you get the trophy to wave about at the last game and the flag to wave back at the first game of the next season.

Funny this should be mentioned, last night a few of the lads on our WhatsApp group (our new virtual social club) were reminiscing about our tussles with Berwick around 1999/2000. Gall's glorious diving header down there to win 2-1, then pipping them to the title on the last day at Central Park (in the last half hour of the game) and getting the trophy on the pitch 😊 (7 weeks previously their fans had been singing Championees after beating us at Hampden to go top)

First game of the following season was, of course, against Berwick at Hampden. We unfurled the flag while they stayed in the dressing room. Beat them 1-0 (Marshall with the goal) and they got two sent off 😂

Still find it hard to take that we ended up relegated on goal difference that season despite winning at Dumfries on the last day 😭    

Edited by Mick1867

5 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Whether it’s ready or not for the new season, our final home game this season when we get to hoist the champions flag won’t be at our new home.

I know it's been 21 years but do you not raise the Championship flag at your first league game of the following season?