Queen's Park 2020/21

22 minutes ago, NathanQP said:

This move really doesn't matter as others have stated, it's essentially saying you'll have a different camera angle to watch the game from. 

It does matter. We don't know what's happening with our new home and we're being told we're playing at a different venue from the one announced last week. It's not really the location that's the issue, it's the fact that the club is simply refusing to engage with the support on any meaningful level on the big issues. 

Just now, an86 said:

It does matter. We don't know what's happening with our new home and we're being told we're playing at a different venue from the one announced last week. It's not really the location that's the issue, it's the fact that the club is simply refusing to engage with the support on any meaningful level on the big issues. 

The club can't comment on lesser atm due to legal issues. Yes, the news of which stadium we’re finishing has been botched but my point is if it's Broadwood or Falkirk, it doesn't really matter.

3 minutes ago, NathanQP said:

The club can't comment on lesser atm due to legal issues. Yes, the news of which stadium we’re finishing has been botched but my point is if it's Broadwood or Falkirk, it doesn't really matter.

Communication being botched or non-existent definitely matters. We're a professional football club now and that shouldn't just be on the pitch. As my earlier post said, this isn't just about Lesser. There are a number of issues that we have been left to guess on. 

53 minutes ago, NathanQP said:

Its a temporary measure, well have a good stadium down the line.

When is "down the line" though? The remainder of this season is one thing but where are we gonna play next season? Will Lesser be read for the end of July? I don't think so. Let's just pray it's not Falkirk next season as that would be a fuckin dreadful venue for fans to get to every second  week ( if we're allowed) In fact anywhere outside of Glasgow is pish, it'll be hard core support only making the effort, no matter how well we're doing

I hear the team will still be training at Broadwood while we play at Falkirk.

Just checked the home games scheduled for pre-split. One fixture clash with Clyde, no fixture clash with Falkirk.

Well that explains the switch but could we not have checked that out before rushing into making that announcement last Saturday? 

Edited by Mick1867

2 hours ago, Big Badger said:

Of course it matters. A club having a stadium to call its own is one of the fundamentals to any success. You don’t need to play devil’s advocate for the club any time some dissent is expressed. 

AC Milan and Internazionale seemed to do alright sharing ..

5 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Cumbernauld Colts aren't playing either so what's the difference between us playing the rest of this season at Broadwood or Falkirk?

Heard a rumour that Colts objected to us using Broadwood...but why would they do that? 

The Colts have caused a couple of problems for Clyde, I believe, re their youth training as they are the main tenants.

Broadwood changed to Falkirk - not too much to get excited about. Both plastic, which will be where the wishes of the coaching staff will come in.

24 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

The Colts have caused a couple of problems for Clyde, I believe, re their youth training as they are the main tenants.

Broadwood changed to Falkirk - not too much to get excited about. Both plastic, which will be where the wishes of the coaching staff will come in.

Yeah I've heard since I last posted that the Colts weren't prepared to move their midweek community sessions. Fair enough, they have every right not to.

I heard McKinnon wanted a grass pitch but none  available for various reasons. As I said before, not an issue this season but it will be a big issue if we can't get somewhere better when fans are allowed back. 

4 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

When is "down the line" though? The remainder of this season is one thing but where are we gonna play next season? Will Lesser be read for the end of July? I don't think so. Let's just pray it's not Falkirk next season as that would be a fuckin dreadful venue for fans to get to every second  week ( if we're allowed) In fact anywhere outside of Glasgow is pish, it'll be hard core support only making the effort, no matter how well we're doing

Spot on Mick. Pretty sure there are fans of other teams that can tell us what happened next following their spells of ‘temporary’ homelessness.

Dempster has made massive noises about ‘community engagement’ but how is that meant to work when we’re playing home games/training in Cumbernauld, Falkirk or Airdrie?!

Edited by Big Badger

22 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

I hear the team will still be training at Broadwood while we play at Falkirk.

Just checked the home games scheduled for pre-split. One fixture clash with Clyde, no fixture clash with Falkirk.

Well that explains the switch but could we not have checked that out before rushing into making that announcement last Saturday? 

The new Chief Executive was tasked with auditing venues. Deary me!

23 hours ago, NathanQP said:

The club can't comment on lesser atm due to legal issues. 

That’s insulting to people’s intelligence. Of course they can comment to some degree.

For example “We are in dispute with our chosen main contractor. Unfortunately works have now ceased and we are unable to predict when they will resume. The option to employ an alternative contractor is not being considered as significant sums may be liable by QPFC against the existing contract. Furthermore, any new contractor will demand additional costs and settlements plus transfer of liability to QPFC for works already completed. Plus the no-small matter of legal costs. Following The Value Triangle principle it’s inevitable timescales are disrupted; costs will rise; quality of the final product will be compromised..”

Oh look, a squirrel!😃

7 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

No idea why Falkirk might have been chosen over Broadwood....

https://www.falkirkstadium.co.uk/business-facilities/meeting-rooms/brockville-lounge

There's a chandelier in the backrooms at Broadwood. Apparently it's where North Lanarkshire Council meet sometimes.

The impending visit to Cliftonhill got me thinking about Ray’s sharp opinion of the Brechin surface - justified imho - and our talented squad will no doubt be challenged by the uncertainty of Rovers pitch. It was reported last week that the delay in concluding our temporary home was in part down to Ray’s preference for a grass surface. That would be fine If they were all like Hampden. 

It seemed a bit odd, looking for a grass pitch, especially as Lesser will be artificial. After tonight, the fixtures currently advertised (post-split thingy tbc) will all be on an artificial surface. Most of league 1 will be the same. It’s how it is.

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

It was reported last week that the delay in concluding our temporary home was in part down to Ray’s preference for a grass surface. That would be fine If they were all like Hampden. 

It seemed a bit odd, looking for a grass pitch, especially as Lesser will be artificial. After tonight, the fixtures currently advertised (post-split thingy tbc) will all be on an artificial surface. Most of league 1 will be the same. It’s how it is.

Yeah, heard that as well. It made no sense to me either. Considering our players have been training on the artificial surface at Lesser every day all season. Now training at Broadwood of course because Lesser is out of bounds.....even though Lesser was getting used back when the construction work was actually taking place 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Yeah, heard that as well. It made no sense to me either. Considering our players have been training on the artificial surface at Lesser every day all season. Now training at Broadwood of course because Lesser is out of bounds.....even though Lesser was getting used back when the construction work was actually taking place 🤷‍♂️

If only there was some way of having these sorts of thoughts and decisions explained to us....