Queen's Park 2020/21

On 17/03/2021 at 13:00, tamthebam said:

I must pop down to Ainslie Park and see if the 2nd stand Spartans are building is complete yet. If not then it's not just QP who have construction problems.

(Don't get excited. It's only a wee one)

Don't bother! It's still in the state it was several months ago: I took this pic on 4 November 2020. No roof, no back wall and no seats yet (I'm assuming it's actually going to be a seated stand, as the treads are quite deep). There does appear to have been a  bit more work done there recently on what looks like a fairly substantial media platform, on the halfway line next to the new stand. And I'm not sure what's happening on the low grass bank along the rest of that side... from a distance, it looks a bit chewed up. I did wonder if it was perhaps going to be terraced, but it could equally just be where they dumped any spare material when this wee stand was being built. Who knows?

image.png.667bd2a7e20f0394786b23edd829407c.png

Haven't found any mention of all this on the Spartans website, etc. You'd think they might want to publicise what will be, by any standards, a real improvement in facilities. But no...

I did idly speculate that it might even be their tenants Edinburgh City who were building this stuff, having decided the new Meadowbank is going to be rubbish from a football-watching point of view. But they don't give any info away either. 🤔

2 hours ago, Dooflick said:

Nice piece in the Daily Ranger today about QP and some comments from club legend Tony Quinn, where he says good things about the club and how he was with us for about 20 years as player and coach before he left at the end of last season. Strangely he is still listed on the club website as a coach. Another piece of lack of communication from the club, in not telling us that he had left and thanking him for his wonderful service to the club over these 20 odd years.

I thought he might leave when we went full time but when I saw his name still listed as a coach I assumed he must still be involved in some capacity outwith the first team.

If true then what an incredibly shabby way to treat a genuine legend by letting him leave without a peep of a public thanks/ tribute from the club

Even the likes of Gibson and Mortimer got thanked.

Edited by Mick1867

Quinno - Club Legend has left the club has he -   must have missed that !!
Shocking that no mention of this by club. 
This is just another example of how not to keep the fans onside.

I’m sure the media team will come up with a fitting tribute. I can only assume they weren’t aware that Quinno had left up until now.

How can we have one or two injuries to contend with ? Hope we win tomorrow . Will be interested to see who we start tomorrow...lot of pressure on our manager to get promoted.....sorry to see Tony Quinn leave ....assuming it will be mentioned tomorrow if true . Last game at Hampden I would like to think we will know where we will be playing our games at home tomorrow. Good to have Saturday football back but the same lack of information remains which is disappointing.

Quinno leaving with so even a post on social media is  nothing short of a disgrace .  He’s a club legend. 

While I welcome professionalism and opportunities I present on the pitch, I can’t help but worry our club is losing its soul a little. 

The president urgently needs to step forward and engage with the fans. 

Looking forward to talking about some football tomorrow

5 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

I thought he might leave when we went full time but when I saw his name still listed as a coach I assumed he must still be involved in some capacity outwith the first team.

If true then what an incredibly shabby way to treat a genuine legend by letting him leave without a peep of a public thanks/ tribute from the club

Even the likes of Gibson and Mortimer got thanked.

Still on it....https://queensparkfc.co.uk/coaching-staff/

Am I right in saying the webpage got a revamp last summer? Seems well maintained otherwise; couple of lads who’ve left recently not on the players page....https://queensparkfc.co.uk/players/ very strange that a long-serving player and former club captain moves on and no mention of it. 

Actually, “strange” doesn’t cover it. Not even close. 

6 hours ago, Edinburgh Hatter said:

Don't bother! It's still in the state it was several months ago: I took this pic on 4 November 2020. No roof, no back wall and no seats yet (I'm assuming it's actually going to be a seated stand, as the treads are quite deep). There does appear to have been a  bit more work done there recently on what looks like a fairly substantial media platform, on the halfway line next to the new stand. And I'm not sure what's happening on the low grass bank along the rest of that side... from a distance, it looks a bit chewed up. I did wonder if it was perhaps going to be terraced, but it could equally just be where they dumped any spare material when this wee stand was being built. Who knows?

image.png.667bd2a7e20f0394786b23edd829407c.png

Haven't found any mention of all this on the Spartans website, etc. You'd think they might want to publicise what will be, by any standards, a real improvement in facilities. But no...

I did idly speculate that it might even be their tenants Edinburgh City who were building this stuff, having decided the new Meadowbank is going to be rubbish from a football-watching point of view. But they don't give any info away either. 🤔

We’ve some spare bits of steel that might fit...special offer😉

Silence from the Club is deafening on the eve of what appears to be the final ever game at Hampden.

Despite the fact I’ve just I tagged them in a sarcy quote-tweet, I’ve got every sympathy for the volunteers who run the Twit-space and that.  These guys obviously aren’t blocking any massive scoops. The communication from higher up is absolutely dreadful.  

I've given credit to the club where it has been due. I try to give the benefit of the doubt and have absolutely no ill will towards any individuals involved. However, the membership elects a committee to look after the affairs of the football club. The supporters are completely in the dark on multiple issues, some of which can't be batted away by confidentiality or Covid. It's not good enough. 

It's taken people seeing the building site being packed up before the support found out that something was amiss with the building work at Lesser. We do not need specifics. Just tell us there's an issue and why you can't go into great detail. 

We may be playing our final home game at Hampden Park tomorrow after 118 years. The club has said nothing. Totally unacceptable. If the reason is that we're trying to get an extension to stay for longer, then tell us that's what you're trying to do. 

We've had to find out in a newspaper that club legend Tony Quinn left the club last year. Not a farewell, not a thank you anywhere. Disgraceful. 

We've been told about massive changes to the club, which sound very exciting btw, but the membership and support should be hearing about these before journalists. 

I know people who hold positions within the club read this forum. Arrange an online meeting and tell the support what the hell is going on. We weren't even this amateur when we were amateur. 

1 hour ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Despite the fact I’ve just I tagged them in a sarcy quote-tweet, I’ve got every sympathy for the volunteers who run the Twit-space and that.  These guys obviously aren’t blocking any massive scoops. The communication from higher up is absolutely dreadful.  

Yeah they can only share the info they get from the club

Tony Quinn still listed in today's match programme as assistant coach. I thought he also managed the reserve/under 20's team?
Does anyone have a link to the article where he says he left?
If true then I agree that it's a disgrace that he t least wasn't given a fitting tribute online.

Unbelievably, the club has chosen to officially half announce our departure from Hampden as a "tune in for an exciting announcement at 1430 to see which stadium we'll be playing at for the rest of the season."

9am on the morning of our last game after 118 years at Hampden and they've still not mentioned the significance of the occasion. Good to see Dom Cummings back in work as our PR guru for the new era. 

Does anybody think a deal has been made to keep us at Hampden until the end of the season and that's why the club are not acknowledging  the importance  of today. I have to believe that people at the club realise the significance of today's game if this is our last game at Hampden.

2 minutes ago, PeterParker said:

Does anybody think a deal has been made to keep us at Hampden until the end of the season and that's why the club are not acknowledging  the importance  of today. I have to believe that people at the club realise the significance of today's game if this is our last game at Hampden.

That might be the case. If it is, then just tell us that's what's happening. If the club thought pulling Hampden out of a hat after sitting in silence and telling us nothing would be met with glee, then they'd have spectacularly missed the point and totally misjudged the mood among the supporters. 

I hope you're right, but the comment from leanne Dempster in her interview about going on site visits to potential venues would possibly suggest we're on the move again.