Queen's Park 2020/21

Extremely serious questions to be asked all round. Fans should not be walking past the stadium seeing things being packed up, with the last communication being all sunshine and rainbows. 

The specifics may not be able to be disclosed, but the fans do require clarification here. 

When did it become apparent that there was an issue? 

Was there an attempt to rectify these issues?

When did it become apparent that this was not the case? 

Is there a potential for this to cost the club? 

Would we even know of any issue, had it not been for individuals stumbling across the fact that things weren't right?

I remain extremely excited and very much on board with the direction that the club is going in. However, the President and committee are answerable to those who elect them to their positions. Whilst there are legal difficulties and technicalities, silence is absolutely not good enough. The supporters are the lifeblood of this football club and cannot be treated as an afterthought. 

Edited by an86

42 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

If I have read things correctly this Saturday  will be our last game at Hampden. I was told that our agreement with the SFA was up until the 31st March and that is a week on Saturday. Cannot see the SFA allowing us us to play past that. Don't want us to go to far away but I was wondering if there was a Lowland League team with a grass park somewhere that we could use and finish the season on grass as opposed to artificial turf.

Most of the LL teams play on artificial so the nearest LL grass pitch to Glasgow is probably Christie Gillies Park, home of the mighty Civil Service Strollers. 

BSC did use Lochburn Park, home of Maryhill, when the LL was first set up. 

ETA: to point out that Stirling Uni do have a grass pitch, unfortunately they share it with some jokers called Stirling Albion

Edited by tamthebam
pendantry

Very concerned about the lack of communication from The Club to its members and supporters. 

I’d like some clarification on the role Leeann Dempster plays at our club. I understand she is the chief executive, but who does she report to? Does she report to the committee or straight to Willie Haughey? If she reports to Haughey, what role does the committee, who are voted for by the club members play? 

Members also need an urgent update on the redevelopment of Lesser . The lack of communication from The Club has left a vacuum for gossip and rumour amongst the support. 

No work has been allegedly carried in months ? The contractors have been packing up. While I understand elements of this may be commercially sensitive, our support does not walk a about blindfolded. We can see no work has been undertaken in some time and the contractors appear to be moving their plant off site. Some communication would help alleviate  the real concerns of fans and dispel the rumours I feel. 

1 hour ago, Boris the Spider said:

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/building-up-for-saturday/

Still Hampden on Sat if this is true.

Another timing thing here. Would be no doubt except we'd heard mildly conflicting info in the Q&A 30 minutes before.

Makes no fckin difference to me where it is. I'll be watching my my kitchen table while being pestered for paw patrol and babybel. Would quite like to know if we'll ever get a chance to see QP at Hampden ever again, mind. 

1 hour ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Would quite like to know if we'll ever get a chance to see QP at Hampden ever again, mind. 

Unless we somehow get to a cup semi then f**k all chance I reckon. 

Can't see Lesser being ready for the start of next season now so let's hope we choose a venue wisely when it comes to proximity/access for supporters ( assuming we will be allowed crowds by then) If we are forced to go to Lanarkshire again then Hamilton over Airdrie please (transport links and pubs near the ground far superior)  Just more rental fees that shouldn't have been necessary.

As for the rest of this season, if we're out of Hampden in April then ideally it'll have to be somewhere that isn't getting used at the moment given the expected fixture congestion and to avoid home games clashing with those of any host club 

Edited by Mick1867

5 hours ago, Boris the Spider said:

Sounds like they have been booted out. If they weren't up to scratch Leeann Dempster wouldn't mess about.

Be nice to know though

It’s a £2.6M contract. Peanuts. CoVid aside the actual programme is only 6 months. The biggest clue was “people still running the club as it was when we were amateurs”. The committee were offered help on how to manage construction contracts but as usual they had it covered. Step one in the process is to make sure your expectations are covered contractually. If the site’s halted at a such an early stage then it’s to do with extras not covered in the contract words. Same as 20 years ago. The ghost of Austin Reilly loiters yet. 

Let’s just hope that some property developer with a fat cheque book doesn’t rescue us and we end up homeless or maybe leasing our own place back. 

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

It’s a £2.6M contract. Peanuts. CoVid aside the actual programme is only 6 months. The biggest clue was “people still running the club as it was when we were amateurs”. The committee were offered help on how to manage construction contracts but as usual they had it covered. Step one in the process is to make sure your expectations are covered contractually. If the site’s halted at a such an early stage then it’s to do with extras not covered in the contract words. Same as 20 years ago. The ghost of Austin Reilly loiters yet. 

Let’s just hope that some property developer with a fat cheque book doesn’t rescue us and we end up homeless or maybe leasing our own place back. 

Yep it staggers me that we didn’t bring in someone to essentially act as a project manager from our side. Someone with bags of experience of the construction industry, lots of contacts etc. 

Yea that would have cost money, but look where the approach that was taken has led us to.

5 hours ago, an86 said:

Extremely serious questions to be asked all round. Fans should not be walking past the stadium seeing things being packed up, with the last communication being all sunshine and rainbows. 

The specifics may not be able to be disclosed, but the fans do require clarification here. 

When did it become apparent that there was an issue? 

Was there an attempt to rectify these issues?

When did it become apparent that this was not the case? 

Is there a potential for this to cost the club? 

Would we even know of any issue, had it not been for individuals stumbling across the fact that things weren't right?

Was question 1 of the tendering process “have you successfully completed a comparable stadium build in the past”?

If the answer to the above was no, then why were the bidders not ushered out of the door immediately 

If the above question was not asked, then why not

2 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

Yep it staggers me that we didn’t bring in someone to essentially act as a project manager from our side. Someone with bags of experience of the construction industry, lots of contacts etc. 

Yea that would have cost money, but look where the approach that was taken has led us to.

I’m not sure if it was tendered? Could be wrong,  but I think the work was directly awarded to the contractors? 

14 minutes ago, Young Turk said:

I’m not sure if it was tendered? Could be wrong,  but I think the work was directly awarded to the contractors? 

There were two others; Project Management & Construction Ltd and Redpath Construction Ltd. both Glasgow based. Oddly, the groundwork’s contractor, GGK Contractors from Currie appear to have been appointed separately from Bell Building Projects. All other subbies are sitting below Bell.

Holmes Miller are limited to just Architect, probably both as planning and design stages. Gleeds are appointed for both Project Manager and Quantity Surveyor. For those who don’t understand that, they would have been responsible for the pre-order cost plan as PM and the delivery cost as QS. 

Correction to earlier; construction contract is 9 months not 6. Value is £2.6M. Programme commenced Aug 20 and is due to finish May 21.

GCC planning application 19/03435/FUL

11 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

There were two others; Project Management & Construction Ltd and Redpath Construction Ltd. both Glasgow based. Oddly, the groundwork’s contractor, GGK Contractors from Currie appear to have been appointed separately from Bell Building Projects. All other subbies are sitting below Bell.

Holmes Miller are limited to just Architect, probably both as planning and design stages. Gleeds are appointed for both Project Manager and Quantity Surveyor. For those who don’t understand that, they would have been responsible for the pre-order cost plan as PM and the delivery cost as QS. 

Correction to earlier; construction contract is 9 months not 6. Value is £2.6M. Programme commenced Aug 20 and is due to finish May 21.

GCC planning application 19/03435/FUL

Was there a CoW overseeing the project on behalf of the Club?

1 hour ago, The Resurrection said:

Was there a CoW overseeing the project on behalf of the Club?

Not published. I’d expect that to be a private appointment if required but Gleeds, in their Project Manager role, should be managing the contract. I’m just surmising here but given previous comments by some committee members, who’s background is in the worlds of finance and healthcare, I’d imagine they think they’ve all the bases covered contractually. And that’s fine if your main priority is to end up in court one day because that’s the main reason for any contract. 

If  however your main priority is to accept your responsibility on behalf of the Members, who voted you in and voted for the change to the Articles of the club, and deliver the best value for money possible, on time, in full and without consequential court actions then it needs a more rounded skill set than bankers and doctors. People with negotiating skills would be helpful.

In my humble opinion.

23 hours ago, Chester Desmond said:

Perhaps because there's been doubt cast over where Queen's will play home games for the rest of the season.  

Residence #22 | Excelsior Stadium Airdrie FC - SoccerBible

22 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Most of the LL teams play on artificial so the nearest LL grass pitch to Glasgow is probably Christie Gillies Park, home of the mighty Civil Service Strollers. 

BSC did use Lochburn Park, home of Maryhill, when the LL was first set up. 

ETA: to point out that Stirling Uni do have a grass pitch, unfortunately they share it with some jokers called Stirling Albion

Probably unfeasible due to not having lights, as well as a lack of other facilities, but Newlandsfield will be lying unused until August at the earliest. 

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Not published. I’d expect that to be a private appointment if required but Gleeds, in their Project Manager role, should be managing the contract. I’m just surmising here but given previous comments by some committee members, who’s background is in the worlds of finance and healthcare, I’d imagine they think they’ve all the bases covered contractually. And that’s fine if your main priority is to end up in court one day because that’s the main reason for any contract. 

If  however your main priority is to accept your responsibility on behalf of the Members, who voted you in and voted for the change to the Articles of the club, and deliver the best value for money possible, on time, in full and without consequential court actions then it needs a more rounded skill set than bankers and doctors. People with negotiating skills would be helpful.

In my humble opinion.

Your 100% correct but surely some problem was spotted by Gleeds and brought to the attention of the Committee? Was their role in this the same as a Clerk of Works?