Queen's Park 2020/21

1 hour ago, Brazilianlex said:

The SFA made a big noise about stopping the random switching of grounds in the Scottish Cup. If this is true then it was just noise.

The Juniors had to get a minimum SFA licence for their Club and Stadium so why are they allowed to switch stadium like this. 
Not allowed in England where the FA Cup has a massive support because of the wee teams shot at the limelight and TV at their grounds when they play a league club. 

There's this thing called COVID.

No fans. Condensed season with only 2 weeks between rounds being played in the middle of winter.  They're trying to get games played on schedule.

2 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

The SFA made a big noise about stopping the random switching of grounds in the Scottish Cup. If this is true then it was just noise.

The Juniors had to get a minimum SFA licence for their Club and Stadium so why are they allowed to switch stadium like this. 
Not allowed in England where the FA Cup has a massive support because of the wee teams shot at the limelight and TV at their grounds when they play a league club. 

37 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

It's hardly a random switching of ground when there's a reason for it (floodlight issues) and the SFA needs to approve the change.

34 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

No fans. Condensed season with only 2 weeks between rounds being played in the middle of winter.  They're trying to get games played on schedule.

Broadly speaking, this is a fair point: there is a difference between taking a relaxed attitude this season, and taking a relaxed attitude permanently. However they also warned clubs about the need to be able to play midweeks this season, which led to 2 clubs withdrawing... as it turns out, those clubs could have entered and moved their ties. They also warned clubs they had to be able to provide dressing rooms... but a tie which was moved on Saturday apparently had no indoor access and the teams came in their kit. If you are Burntisland or Golspie; or a club which has built extra cover, hired a marquee or refitted your social club; you could be justified in sensing certain inconsistencies.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Indeed! They're only switching to get the number of fans at the game from zero to............... ZERO.

11 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Take it the Bluebells didn’t ask to play at Auld Crumbling Central Park then? It’ll be good PR for Kelty too with a big TV audience between Chrimbo and Ne’erday. Forward thinking club. Hope they get the hot tub installed in time.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Take it the Bluebells didn’t ask to play at Auld Crumbling Central Park then? It’ll be good PR for Kelty too with a big TV audience between Chrimbo and Ne’erday. Forward thinking club. Hope they get the hot tub installed in time.

QP will win easily at Kelty

playing at Dundonald on a paddy field would have made a much better game of it.

3 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

As Covid mutates and starts fighting back against humanity, does anyone know what happens if (heaven forbid) fitba' gets cancelled again. You would assume the SPFL would have an agreed procedure to avoid the shenanigans of last season.

Wouldn't you?

The clubs rejected the SPFL proposals. Back to bedlam.

13 hours ago, You Only Live Twice said:

Quick question lads; when was your latest fixture against Rangers Colts in the Glasgow Cup scheduled for, and did you patch it simply to focus upon the league?

A complete no brainer if so, as it's a needless distraction at best and one you'd be best avoiding given your form at present. I just noticed the walkover result and was curious as to the circumstances.

Know nothing regarding this as the club are not very good at commenting on things like this. I heard very second hand that we have now appointed somebody, who I would describe  as our chief scout,  but nothing that I can see on the club website alluding to this. So come on Nathan what has gone on regarding both these matters? 

1 hour ago, Dooflick said:

Know nothing regarding this as the club are not very good at commenting on things like this. I heard very second hand that we have now appointed somebody, who I would describe  as our chief scout,  but nothing that I can see on the club website alluding to this. So come on Nathan what has gone on regarding both these matters? 

You heard anything on the rumoured Leeanne Dempster appointment Dooflick.

Should we be hearing news on that front soon?

On 17/12/2020 at 22:03, Bring Your Own Socks said:

It's Fife. Big miner's metal bath in front of a coal fire.

On 23/12/2020 at 15:56, Arachnophile said:

As Covid mutates and starts fighting back against humanity, does anyone know what happens if (heaven forbid) fitba' gets cancelled again. You would assume the SPFL would have an agreed procedure to avoid the shenanigans of last season.

Wouldn't you?

All the clubs had to sign an agreement to see out the season; obviously the hope was that the lurgi would have cleared up by now.  Quite how they'll manage to survive it now is beyond me, given that I can't see decent numbers, if any, being allowed in this season.

19 hours ago, Boris the Spider said:

You heard anything on the rumoured Leeanne Dempster appointment Dooflick.

Should we be hearing news on that front soon?

Oh I am sure we will. The lady in question must work out her notice to Hibs which could be up to 3 months of which 2 are gone now. Perhaps she will be working for both QP and our benefactor, helping out with his charity work, or indeed just QP, bringing to us her great knowledge of the workings of Scottish football.

I wouldn't say they were lacklusture. We were never, ever going to smash teams every week. Worth noting that Rangers dropped twenty-five points in League Two and Livingston dropped thirty. Full-time football was never going to be a silver bullet, you need the right mix of characters in the squad and I think we've got exactly that. To win seven and draw two of our first nine games is exceptional. If this were a normal season, playing four rounds of fixtures, and we replicated that form over the next three quarters, we'd be on course for 92 points. If anyone finds that underwhelming, then I hope we continue to be underwhelmed for a long time to come.