Queen's Park 2020/21

On 26/09/2020 at 20:01, bobthespider said:

We must be the only team who tells their fans nothing.thanks for all the videos of new players liked them all . 

......will we see games streamed or will it be only available to season ticket holders. emoji460.png

Your second sentence clearly proves that your first sentence isn't true. Our media team have done a tremendous job of keeping us informed and updated via the website, Twitter, and Facebook on everything happening at the club,  not just signings. Since lockdown we've also had updates from the President, detailed plans and images of the re-development of Lesser,  Player of the Year voting and awards , info on season tickets, new kit etc

re season tickets. If you can afford it then I would buy one. No idea how the club is planning the live streams but when reduced crowds eventually return to games then I reckon season ticket holders and members will - quite rightly - get first shout at attending.  

On 27/09/2020 at 21:44, NathanQP said:

I think people can get confused with the full time players and they assume we can afford a big full time office team. The thing is that the player budget is getting paid out by Haughey not the club and we sadly can’t afford to hire a fancy full time office team as well - especially in this climate

Aye, most of our club staff are still furloughed. We had two full time office staff who were working from home since March. Our general manager is now back at Lesser four days a week but she has always worked four days a week, plus every Saturday home game.  

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

Aye, most of our club staff are still furloughed. We had two full time office staff who were working from home since March. Our general manager is now back at Lesser four days a week but she has always worked four days a week, plus every Saturday home game.  

Not quite correct Mick, the general manager used to work 5 days a week, plus every home game, until she started to babysit her first grandchild on a Friday.

42 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

Not quite correct Mick, the general manager used to work 5 days a week, plus every home game, until she started to babysit her first grandchild on a Friday.

No longer working a six day week every fortnight? How unprofessional. Anyway, it's good to see the club is a progressive employer, offering their employees a decent work/life balance. More and more companies and organisations are doing so. 

Season ticket now ordered. Frankly the covid situation is now looking so perilous that I don't think the fans will be back in Hampden for many months, even though we as a club are in the unique place of having a very small support and a huge stadium. My only disappointment with the information that we have been receiving is that there has been nothing about the possibility of pay per view live streaming of the games. That could be an important revenue source for Queen's. It's also disappointing the the SPFL haven't taken a lead on this and organised an online portal to all league games.

It's important that the club's non playing operations continue to be self sufficient so I've been happy enough to shove my season ticket money in. I paid for my season tickets during the Commonwealth Games closure of Hampden even though I knew in advance that I wouldn't be travelling to Airdrie to watch games and I waived the offered refund for the curtailed season 2019-2020. As Mick says, If you can afford it buy a ticket and help keep the club going.

23 hours ago, an86 said:

No longer working a six day week every fortnight? How unprofessional. Anyway, it's good to see the club is a progressive employer, offering their employees a decent work/life balance. More and more companies and organisations are doing so. 

Just noted, new opening hours for the office staff, on the club website and it is explained as due to new covid 19 restrictions. But all they are doing is opening now on a Friday and closing on a Tuesday. Is there anybody out there, maybe TMWNN or an86 who can explain this to us? Or is it just down to different baby sitting arrangements? 

1 hour ago, Dooflick said:

Just noted, new opening hours for the office staff, on the club website and it is explained as due to new covid 19 restrictions. But all they are doing is opening now on a Friday and closing on a Tuesday. Is there anybody out there, maybe TMWNN or an86 who can explain this to us? Or is it just down to different baby sitting arrangements? 

I wouldn't expect anyone to be explaining anything to anybody. Arrangements between employers and employees are entirely a matter for both parties to agree. The whys and whats are nobody's business. Looks like the typical case of having nothing to moan about, so just creating something instead. 

1 hour ago, an86 said:

I wouldn't expect anyone to be explaining anything to anybody. Arrangements between employers and employees are entirely a matter for both parties to agree. The whys and whats are nobody's business. Looks like the typical case of having nothing to moan about, so just creating something instead. 

The same thing applies to salaries. People asking "how much are we paying him?". I'm sure most people would be outraged if their salary details were made public but they seem to expect to be told what footballers are earning!

Most clubs have went for these automated cameras which is a non starter for us as we don’t own the stadium anymore so can’t go down that route. So you are probably look at a team of VOLUNTEERS to come and provide the service. I swear QP fans are never happy.

4 hours ago, Dooflick said:

I think the answer is in your statement - due to new Covid 19 restrictions, which is from the Government not from personal choice. 

6 minutes ago, NathanQP said:

Most clubs have went for these automated cameras which is a non starter for us as we don’t own the stadium anymore so can’t go down that route. So you are probably look at a team of VOLUNTEERS to come and provide the service. I swear QP fans are never happy.

How would people know that's the situation if the club haven't communicated it though? You can't blame fans who've shelled out money for being a bit concerned and frustrated if they're not told the facts and are seeing other clubs put arrangements in place. 

23 minutes ago, NathanQP said:

Why does not owning the stadium stop us using automated cameras? Would the SFA deny us permission? Presumably they could be removed at the end of the season? (The cameras, not the SFA)

Nathan, you really expect people who have paid for memberships and season tickets to be happy about potentially not seeing home games ? Especially if they can pay to see away games.

No we don't own Hampden but the SFA do. I know we have had our issues with them in the past but I can't believe they would be putting blockers in our way. And if they are we should know about it.

I might have been overdramatic but why are people criticising the club for small things like office hours in a pandemic.

The club have released a statement saying they are looking into it, the media team want to help out as much as possible yet we still get criticised for giving up our free time to help the club.

52 minutes ago, NathanQP said:

These VOLUNTEERS seem happy to produce BAFTA award winning signing videos. It would be embarrassing if we couldn't stream games from the National Stadium in Scotland's largest city and Albion Rovers or Cowdenbeath do.

What's the point of playing if our supporters can't watch the games?

8 minutes ago, NathanQP said:

I might have been overdramatic but why are people criticising the club for small things like office hours in a pandemic.

The club have released a statement saying they are looking into it, the media team want to help out as much as possible yet we still get criticised for giving up our free time to help the club.

I never mentioned office hours or media team. As a club we should be able to ensure home games are streamed if fans can't get in.  Whatever it requires we should make this happen. There may be a pandemic on but if other clubs ( with probably less resources available than us) can stream games we certainly should be able to. 

I never mentioned office hours or media team. As a club we should be able to ensure home games are streamed if fans can't get in.  Whatever it requires we should make this happen. There may be a pandemic on but if other clubs ( with probably less resources available than us) can stream games we certainly should be able to. 

Yes, and we are looking at doing this.

My original comment was not directed exclusively at you but at the overall negativity of the thread.