Queen's Park 2020/21

3 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

I think it would require a fair degree of optimism to imagine that we are going to see fans at fitba in the near future.  I see a number of clubs have plans in place to stream matches if fans are not allowed in.

Does anyone know if we have any such plans?

Been told they are currently looking at all the streaming options so I would expect something to be in place for our first home game on the 24th.

I think Thistle, Morton, and Stirling have our first three games covered.

I think we may need to face up to the prospect of a delayed season, at very best. It's felt like the discussion around football, particularly at a lower level, has been based entirely on crossed fingers and hope. A bumpy road ahead. 

3 hours ago, an86 said:

I think we may need to face up to the prospect of a delayed season, at very best. It's felt like the discussion around football, particularly at a lower level, has been based entirely on crossed fingers and hope. A bumpy road ahead. 

A decision's going to need to be made soon on this. You felt that they'd pushed the start of the season back to mid-October in the hope that there'd be fans allowed back in by then, but now that we know that's not happening, it'd be good to hear if there are any contingeny plans in place. League games are currently scheduled to be played 3 weeks on Saturday.

A decision's going to need to be made soon on this. You felt that they'd pushed the start of the season back to mid-October in the hope that there'd be fans allowed back in by then, but now that we know that's not happening, it'd be good to hear if there are any contingeny plans in place. League games are currently scheduled to be played 3 weeks on Saturday.

Ourselves and other clubs have been signing players on the basis of an Oct start. Haven’t looked at Scottish Government statement but don’t think there is anything about stopping the senior leagues re-commencing. Without having the ability to pay furlough payments I don’t see them doing that.

How many weeks will clubs without our backing be able to struggle on without income? Not many.

Unfortunately, the funds made available by the millionaire chappie and intended for the teams were instead diverted to "community benefits" like the Celtic meals on wheels charity. He won't be chipping in again.

5 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

How many weeks will clubs without our backing be able to struggle on without income? Not many.

Unfortunately, the funds made available by the millionaire chappie and intended for the teams were instead diverted to "community benefits" like the Celtic meals on wheels charity. He won't be chipping in again.

Some clubs, if they end up in the crap, could have a share issue and allow fans to buy shares...

18 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

That's the thing. I just worry it won't be feasible playing the bulk of the season behind closed doors, but that's what we're looking at right now.

3 hours ago, Skeletar Spider said:

That's the thing. I just worry it won't be feasible playing the bulk of the season behind closed doors, but that's what we're looking at right now.

If you take a step back, the way it's been approached is madness. 

"Right, let's start back in October. We might not be able to guarantee fans in, but f**k it. Wing and a prayer."

Clubs then proceeded to sign players on deals and have to pay them. It becomes apparent that there won't be fans any time soon, as was always absolutely possible, and the gamble has backfired in a big way. 

"The government must now give us money to bail us out of the hole that we walked into of our own free will." 

Now, I don't have a problem with public money being used to save any business, or assist any sector, but the shrill demands are starting to come from the people who voted themselves into this situation. Everyone knew this was a big gamble, but fired on regardless. 

I have greatest sympathy for the sides who already had players committed to contracts pre-pandemic. Hopefully there is an extension and amending of furlough type system, otherwise teams will be knocking on death's door. Even then, it would be a struggle. 

There has to be some question as to whether January or, indeed, cold storage from an on-field perspective might have been the more financially responsible, if significantly more unpalatable and painful move for all involved. 

Edited by an86

New kit ordered on Monday and arrived today. Can't ask for better than that.
Looks great in person (was a bit undecided on it in some of the pictures) Quality is great, very similar to the under armour kit, but costs less than the UA ones did.
Plus, given that we'll likely be watching the Queens on our screens rather than in person over the winter, you can sport it at home and not need to cover it up with 'the big jaiket fir the ftba'

(Scarf sales may be down this season however)

3 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

New kit ordered on Monday and arrived today. Can't ask for better than that.
Looks great in person (was a bit undecided on it in some of the pictures) Quality is great, very similar to the under armour kit, but costs less than the UA ones did.
Plus, given that we'll likely be watching the Queens on our screens rather than in person over the winter, you can sport it at home and not need to cover it up with 'the big jaiket fir the ftba'

(Scarf sales may be down this season however)

Aye mind arrived today. It's quality. Will be a beer stained mess by Christmas